Price Drop

#1Primetime1981Posted 10/4/2012 6:45:34 AM
How soon before the inevitable price drop on this game. It seems games with bad reviews and word of mouth seem to have them come quicker. Just curious when everyone thinks that will be. I wouldn't mind getting this game but not paying close to full price for it either.

I was very unhappy with RE 5 (my brother can vouch for that due to the non stop complaining over XBox Live party chat) and this looks like a worse version of that. I miss finding items and having to put them in certain spots to open hidden passageways and such. I seriously doubt Capcom will go back to that formula though, just may have to go back and play 1, 2, and CV....sigh.
#2NazomiPosted 10/4/2012 6:48:30 AM
You should probably go back.

Unless they remake RE2 as they are in talks about then if you didn't like 5 you won't like 6. Game doesn't have bad reviews, enough topics discussing this. It's sold 4.5m copies in the last few days = absolute success for Capcom. When will it drop in price? Maybe when BLOPS2 release to compete, that would be a somewhat intelligent angle anyway
---
X360 GT: BarrattsMini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUBxJnH52Y
#3Primetime1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:56:51 AM
I would absolutely love it if they did a RE2 remake like they did with 1 on the Gamecube since its my personal favorite. I would beg Capcom to take my $60 for RE2make. I don't get why them and companies like Sqaure Enix do remakes that would obviously be huge like RE2 or Final Fantasy 7 in SE's case. The fans are rabid for such classics. I guess I do see one comparison between the 2 companies....both are waaaayy past their glory days.
#4NazomiPosted 10/4/2012 7:00:52 AM
Primetime1981 posted...
I would absolutely love it if they did a RE2 remake like they did with 1 on the Gamecube since its my personal favorite. I would beg Capcom to take my $60 for RE2make. I don't get why them and companies like Sqaure Enix do remakes that would obviously be huge like RE2 or Final Fantasy 7 in SE's case. The fans are rabid for such classics. I guess I do see one comparison between the 2 companies....both are waaaayy past their glory days.

I have no arguments here. Although Capcom created Dragons Dogma recently which was brilliant
---
X360 GT: BarrattsMini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUBxJnH52Y
#5shadowsofdawnPosted 10/4/2012 7:02:00 AM
Primetime1981 posted...
I was very unhappy with RE 5 (my brother can vouch for that due to the non stop complaining over XBox Live party chat)

Please give me your brother's home address and telephone number so I can verify this claim.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#6Primetime1981(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:07:36 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Primetime1981 posted...
I was very unhappy with RE 5 (my brother can vouch for that due to the non stop complaining over XBox Live party chat)

Please give me your brother's home address and telephone number so I can verify this claim.

LOL I just said that because I'm sure he got tired of all the complaining I was doing while playing it.
#7NewhopesPosted 10/4/2012 7:25:35 AM
Depends on Initial sales, my guess is we'll start seeing price drops mid next month.
#8_Ness_Posted 10/4/2012 7:28:21 AM
You'll see price drops around Thanksgiving... You know... for the holiday season and everything.

Not to mention in November, it has to go against Halo 4 and BLOPS 2
---
PSU (3-2) Steelers (1-2)
Locked Out
#9DARQ MXPosted 10/4/2012 7:34:59 AM
prob 6 months like most games, but why not just support the gaming industry anyway? I find it odd you didn't like RE5 that much. Sure it wasn't as great as 4 but it wasn't THAT bad. It had a lot of cool parts in it and had much better inventory, Shooting mechanics and camera and less if any QTEs. Also better weapons. You get crap for weapons in this game. Barely any ammo for the lightning Hawk. which is the magnum renamed, Crossbow is for Ada. Either way, you will get frustrated but the story seems pretty good so far. Some bosses are annoying to defeat but they kinda sometimes give you a chance and there is less bosses this time around just more of the same bosses which is lame, but hey, it happens. Overall, I would say if you are a fan of any RE4 or 5 or you are an old school fan you will like this besides the crappy things I mentioned. Leons career has a lot of old school nostalgia you would enjoy.

My fav games are. Not really in any order, REmake, CVX and RE4.
---
Intel i5 2500k+on FRIO|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|Raptor X, 1TB WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4 G3 |Sapphire 2GB 6970|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R & K90|Win 7 Pro 64
#10slayerxelitePosted 10/4/2012 7:49:18 AM
Nazomi posted...
You should probably go back.

Unless they remake RE2 as they are in talks about then if you didn't like 5 you won't like 6. Game doesn't have bad reviews, enough topics discussing this. It's sold 4.5m copies in the last few days = absolute success for Capcom. When will it drop in price? Maybe when BLOPS2 release to compete, that would be a somewhat intelligent angle anyway

Thats 4.5 million copies shipped, not sold and there were only around 150k preorders (I'll try to find the link verifying that number). Bad word of mouth will keep other people from buying for sure. The game wont be a success and will be a financial failure for Capcom just like Max Payne 3 was for Rockstar.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs