Effin' BOW how do I kill?!!!!!!!!!

#11dav_strifePosted 10/4/2012 6:01:44 PM
Neither explanation. I was playing through this level about twenty minutes ago and as I was running away from one of the rampaging BOWs I happened to notice Sherry shooting the other one in the background while Jake jumped on the damn thing's back and yanked out the spike. A few well AI gunshots later and it is melting into a very large pile of ooze.

So it seems reasonable to believe that either Sherry, Jake or Piers/Chris (depending on who you are not playing as) has finished the damn thing for you while you went shopping lol. The AI is not as bad as some people would lead us to believe....
---
Xbox 360 Live Gamertag: strife1989
Pokemon Black FC: 3267 8763 7182
#12jon davisPosted 10/5/2012 1:55:53 AM
dav_strife posted...
Neither explanation. I was playing through this level about twenty minutes ago and as I was running away from one of the rampaging BOWs I happened to notice Sherry shooting the other one in the background while Jake jumped on the damn thing's back and yanked out the spike. A few well AI gunshots later and it is melting into a very large pile of ooze.

So it seems reasonable to believe that either Sherry, Jake or Piers/Chris (depending on who you are not playing as) has finished the damn thing for you while you went shopping lol. The AI is not as bad as some people would lead us to believe....

He said he paused it.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#13deadpool_legendPosted 10/5/2012 2:11:22 AM
For the stick QTEs, I just rest my left hand on the stick and then move the whole controller back and forth with my right hand. You'd be surprised on how well that works.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#14FaDRainPosted 10/5/2012 2:41:43 AM
jon davis posted...
dav_strife posted...

He said he paused it.

If he was able to pause it, then he was in offline mode and it will probably remain a mystery.
#15cklamboPosted 10/5/2012 7:55:28 AM
Did u actually pause the game by pressing 'start'

Or did u just press select to open the PDA?
#16CrunchyzPosted 10/5/2012 8:01:13 AM
bhamacuk posted...
Woah, wait a minute! What's just happened? OMG. I stuck the game on pause whilst I went out to the shops for 20 mins. Got back, posted my reply above, went back to resume game and I'm in a new level. The BOW boss with the rod thingie is gone.

Spoiler

I am facing what appears to be the hallway to some grand mansion. There are candles scattered around the place and I can see a tall statue placed in front of a staircase. Looks interesting.

But what happened? Maybe someone jumped into my game and helped me out but I'm sure I didn't set my game to allow people to join.

Wierd, but at least I've bypassed that tough section.

I can calm down now. Jeez, what a nightmare. But still, how did this happen?!

1. Did you "pause " the game by pressing start, or did you hit select for the menu?

2. For those QTEs I never wiggle the stick. Too unreliable. I plant my palm on the stick and rotate.
---
Marksmanship Rule #1: TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER, MAGGOT!
#17bhamacuk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 1:40:58 PM
I just hit what is normally the pause button but which brings up the options menu.

However, it doesn't actually stop the game, the action is still happening behind the scenes. Its Capcoms way of creating tension and eliminating a safety net.

So yes, its very likely that one of the ai characters killed the BOW for me, like some else suggested. Whatever, I am thankful for smart ai!
#18Millertime269Posted 10/10/2012 3:37:31 AM
I have noticed the same thing, but on the hardest difficulty, it seems the AI players will not do the dirty work for you. However, you do need to use both joysticks to beat the bow. No other way exists.
#19YawnTheSnakePosted 10/10/2012 4:38:12 AM
bhamacuk posted...
Woah, wait a minute! What's just happened? OMG. I stuck the game on pause whilst I went out to the shops for 20 mins. Got back, posted my reply above, went back to resume game and I'm in a new level. The BOW boss with the rod thingie is gone.

Spoiler

I am facing what appears to be the hallway to some grand mansion. There are candles scattered around the place and I can see a tall statue placed in front of a staircase. Looks interesting.

But what happened? Maybe someone jumped into my game and helped me out but I'm sure I didn't set my game to allow people to join.

Wierd, but at least I've bypassed that tough section.

I can calm down now. Jeez, what a nightmare. But still, how did this happen?!

It was an act of God