Who cares what the "professional critics" think?

#11DuwstaiPosted 10/4/2012 2:44:15 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
In this age of easy access videos, it'd be kind of stupid to base your entire purchase of a game on a reviewer. It's not hard to look a writeup and explanation of a game, then go to youtube to watch some gameplay videos. At that point you SHOULD know whether or not you are going to enjoy a game or not.

Many gamers do just that. However, there are usually people whom, despite knowing the various methods one can use to critique a game, still insist that the people in question are uninformed, haters, and/or trolls. The assumption clearly implies that the people in question are only parroting what certain game review websites state, and not their own analysis.

Exactly. People just cant accept that some people geuinely dont like the game. And that perhaps their opinions genuinely fall in line with some of the negative reviews. Why? Because maybe those are genuine flaws with the game that many people have problems with.

But the fanboy cant accept this. So they just pretend everyone saying negative things about the game is a hater or a parrot. Instead of just a gamer who didnt like the game.
---
balls
#12garcia_jxPosted 10/6/2012 11:52:09 PM
Duwstai posted...
MoonlightJust posted...
In this age of easy access videos, it'd be kind of stupid to base your entire purchase of a game on a reviewer. It's not hard to look a writeup and explanation of a game, then go to youtube to watch some gameplay videos. At that point you SHOULD know whether or not you are going to enjoy a game or not.

Many gamers do just that. However, there are usually people whom, despite knowing the various methods one can use to critique a game, still insist that the people in question are uninformed, haters, and/or trolls. The assumption clearly implies that the people in question are only parroting what certain game review websites state, and not their own analysis.

Exactly. People just cant accept that some people geuinely dont like the game. And that perhaps their opinions genuinely fall in line with some of the negative reviews. Why? Because maybe those are genuine flaws with the game that many people have problems with.

But the fanboy cant accept this. So they just pretend everyone saying negative things about the game is a hater or a parrot. Instead of just a gamer who didnt like the game.

Well said.
#13Solidsnakex18(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 3:51:24 PM
Duwstai posted...
MoonlightJust posted...

I'm not saying that the game is anywhere near perfect or my favorite in the series (In fact I think that Re5 was better). I just think that that it's a bit better than the scores it is getting. This doesn't make me a "butthurt" "fanboy". It's just my opinion and I really do not care who agrees. Everyone is going to have something to say about a game they play and this topic was created to explain that "expert" reviews are not always valid. Different people like different things.