Gosh, who needs instruction manuals?

#21VaporFox(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:30:35 PM
adrianTcortez posted...
I feel your pain VaporFox.
I opened up the case hoping that capcom would continue to do their colorful and helpful manuals. Sadly though the only thing present from the manual is the copy right stuff and caution labels. They did not even bother putting it on a different sheet of paper resembling a manual like activision did with their modern warfare games. No its on the back of the cover, and in its place is a stupid advertisement card for the movies.
I love my manuals and extra game physical game crap, even if it is not in color, I still want an helpful, cool, and informative introduction to the game that does not require going into the game. Even then there is no real tutorial in this game as far as i can see.

My friend bough the collectors edition strategy guide. Pretty cool, I just dont understand that all the moves you really need are in there and only there in the strategy guide. Resident evil 1-5 all had awesome manuals! Why is that so freaking hard to do again!!!(venting)

Part of me wants to blame the casual gamer demographic that's chock-full of people who think they're "too cool/busy/whatever" for reading manuals. Naw, **** taking the time to print out a genuinely helpful manual, because Chad and Trey will go back to playing Madden and Call of Duty if they have to READ something for more than 10 seconds. -_-

Part of me wants to blame the publishers for all being exceedingly greedy, corner-cutting eff-tards who'll go to any lengths to pinch a few pennies, even if it's a publisher that has nigh endless funds to dump into one of their flagship franchises. =/

Part of me wants to blame myself because apparently I must have done something unforgivable in a previous lifetime. XD
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#22Silent_21_SnakePosted 10/4/2012 9:32:00 PM
JascoD posted...
Try this!

http://static.capcom.com/manuals/re6/RE6_PS3_DMNL_EN.pdf

It's an E-manual from Capcom. Google is your friend.

EDIT: Damn, 5 sec later and already 4 posts adds. I hate fast moving boards!!

Thanks!!! Probably just saved the game for me! & holy hell, you can escape?! Can slide too! Interested see what it means with R2 & Square to heal, PS3 control scheme has on that site but figure that means RT & X, hopefully makes healing easier too. Can't wait to try, just found about 4 or 5 new functions i didn't know you could do! Might make the experience more enjoyable now i'm not fumbling in the dark with the controls lol, thank you very much!!
---
"In my restless dreams. I see that town..Silent Hill"
#23JascoDPosted 10/4/2012 9:35:00 PM
Silent_21_Snake posted...
JascoD posted...
Try this!

Thanks!!! Probably just saved the game for me! & holy hell, you can escape?! Can slide too! Interested see what it means with R2 & Square to heal, PS3 control scheme has on that site but figure that means RT & X, hopefully makes healing easier too. Can't wait to try, just found about 4 or 5 new functions i didn't know you could do! Might make the experience more enjoyable now i'm not fumbling in the dark with the controls lol, thank you very much!!

Square is X, Triangle is Y. X is A and Circle is B. The rest is easy.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#24VincentVegaPosted 10/4/2012 9:36:16 PM
It's not penny pinching, really. Even if each manual only cost 2 cents Capcom shipped 4.5 million copies of the game. That works out to $90,000 on manuals alone. That's a years wages for a couple of people, plus it's better for the environment, less paper used and all that.
---
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#25VaporFox(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:41:47 PM(edited)
VincentVega posted...
It's not penny pinching, really. Even if each manual only cost 2 cents Capcom shipped 4.5 million copies of the game. That works out to $90,000 on manuals alone. That's a years wages for a couple of people, plus it's better for the environment, less paper used and all that.

Well gosh! With those 4.5 million plastic game cases, and those 9 million game discs, and all the machinery used on a daily basis to churn out all of that stuff ... it's good to know they're being "environment-friendly" by not printing out any instruction manuals. Baby steps, amirite? u_u
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#26darkazrael22Posted 10/5/2012 7:20:52 PM
Its retarded no booklet ;p
#27CrunchyzPosted 10/5/2012 7:29:22 PM
The controls were simple enough to figure out.
I'm currently trying to figure out the "Hanged Men" puzzle in Ada's campaign.

*Goes back to staring determinedly at the screen, trying to connect the hanged men to the empty noose in the center of the room. Oh. And something to do with the switch.*
---
Marksmanship Rule #1: TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER, MAGGOT!
#28simonbelmont2Posted 10/5/2012 7:31:13 PM
Silent_21_Snake posted...
JascoD posted...
Try this!

It is annoying when you don't know the controls. I was lucky enough to get a pithy manual with my UK version.

Just hold LT and then press A and a direction to dodge. If you hold the buttons you can lie prone on the floor. From that position you can crawl and shoot. If you hold back after dodging you will turn around which is handy.

When you dash you can press LT to do the slide. Holding back during a slide will turn you around too. While running you can do a special melee attack too.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.