People praising this game should shut up

#91Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:28:44 PM(edited)
That's a different issue altogether, though it is an issue.

I don't defend the game by pretending there are no flaws. Indeed the flaws don't stop me from enjoying the game, but there was definite room for polish here

So then why are you disagreeing with my topic? That is all its saying.

- but isn't that true for about 99% of other games that are released?

And that would somehow make this topic untrue how? Anyway, I think the point was this game had more rough edges than most AAA games, and could have especially used some extra dev time.

Concerning those reviews, like those that gave it a 3/10 or 4/10 - you can't just attribute that to a few rough spots. Skyrim was literally unplayable at launch - and still is on the PS3 - yet got pretty high grades all round.

I am not talking about, nor do I agree with reviews that are bashing the game and giving them 4/10s. I actually made another topic explaining why I think the game got terrible scores like that (when it didnt deserve anything near that low), and got labeled a fanboy. Say its not terrible, Im a fanboy, say its not perfect, Im a troll. This board is cesspool of failed reading comprehension and people flaming each other. Meanwhile Im just trying to be polite and spark some meaningful discussion.

And just because Skyrim also had a ton of glitches doesnt now make it acceptable for this game. I said the same thing about Skyrim. That people shouldnt say its perfect, and fans shouldnt accept a game so unpolished. But again I was labeled a troll.
---
balls
#92Cmac4Posted 10/6/2012 5:30:56 PM
Just a quick tip TC. Its hard to spark "meaningful discussion" when your topic title tells people to shut up.
#93pobattiPosted 10/6/2012 5:35:02 PM
Duwstai posted...
I am not talking about, nor do I agree with reviews that are bashing the game and giving them 4/10s. I actually made another topic explaining why I think the game got terrible scores like that (when it didnt deserve anything near that low), and got labeled a fanboy. Say its not terrible, Im a fanboy, say its not perfect, Im a troll. This board is cesspool of failed reading comprehension and people flaming each other. Meanwhile Im just trying to be polite and spark some meaningful discussion.

And just because Skyrim also had a ton of glitches doesnt now make it acceptable for this game. I said the same thing about Skyrim. That people shouldnt say its perfect, and fans shouldnt accept a game so unpolished. But again I was labeled a troll.

Cmac4 posted...
Just a quick tip TC. Its hard to spark "meaningful discussion" when your topic title tells people to shut up.

^ this

Given the level of troll activity here the last week or so, if you use a loaded thread title like that you can't seriously expect people to calmly read what you have to say. Most people will have made their own minds up what you're trying to do, jumped to the last page and responded angrily.
#94Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:36:31 PM
^ this

Given the level of troll activity here the last week or so, if you use a loaded thread title like that you can't seriously expect people to calmly read what you have to say. Most people will have made their own minds up what you're trying to do, jumped to the last page and responded angrily.

Topic titles are attention getters. Thats the point, so it doesnt get lost in the shuffle.

People should not be idiots and take 30 seconds to read what the topic is actually about. Not my fault.
---
balls
#95pobattiPosted 10/6/2012 5:40:51 PM(edited)
Duwstai posted...
^ this

Topic titles are attention getters. Thats the point, so it doesnt get lost in the shuffle.

People should not be idiots and take 30 seconds to read what the topic is actually about. Not my fault.

So you've never seen a topic title, jumped to conclusions and jumped into the discussion after a bunch of pages upon seeing how EVERYONE ELSE has done the same thing, reinforcing your concept it's a troll topic and thrown in your 2 cents without reading the opening post?

You're after attention - but you're attracting people who're now in a bad mood after reading the title. Lots of others probably screamed 'troll' and didn't even have a look inside. In other words, that's not a great tactic.

Either you're literally one in a million or incredibly naive.
#96Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:39:49 PM
So you've never seen a topic title, jumped to conclusions and jumped into the discussion after a bunch of pages upon seeing how EVERYONE ELSE has done the same thing, reinforcing your concept it's a troll topic and thrown in your 2 cents without reading the opening post?

No I dont.

Didnt anyone tell you the thing about assuming?
---
balls
#97AthenovPosted 10/6/2012 5:41:27 PM
testicles.

That is all.
#98pobattiPosted 10/6/2012 5:43:33 PM
Duwstai posted...

No I dont.

Didnt anyone tell you the thing about assuming?

Well it seems you assumed that your topic title wouldn't cause this much trouble since people would actually read your OP. You were wrong. Unfortunately you can click on any of the other million similarly titled topics and find a troll lurking inside, so after a while people only click those threads if they're in the mood for a verbal slanging match.
#99AviaraBluePosted 10/6/2012 5:46:15 PM
Him... this topic is still here?

Everyone should sit down to some milk and cookies and have a nice, long, mature debate.

Now bring me some damn milk and cookies please.
---
GT - BlueAviara.
DD Pawn - Chaos (Fighter/Warrior).
#100Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:48:39 PM
Well it seems you assumed that your topic title wouldn't cause this much trouble since people would actually read your OP. You were wrong. Unfortunately you can click on any of the other million similarly titled topics and find a troll lurking inside, so after a while people only click those threads if they're in the mood for a verbal slanging match.

Youre right. Assuming people wouldnt be idiots on this board was a big mistake. Im such an ass.
---
balls