The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I liked Resident Evil 1, 2 & 4. Will I like this?

#1VmodePosted 10/6/2012 10:09:21 AM
I liked Resident Evil 1 when I played it back in the day. RE2 was probably my favorite in the series since it took what I liked RE1 and made it better. RE3 sort of turned me of with its story structure but RE4 I really liked when it opened up.

RE5 I could not stand. I don't like playing story heavy games co-op so I played it by myself and the AI controled partner was dumb as a post and a constant source of frustration that completely destroyed the game for me.

I know nothing about RE6. Because of my disappointment with RE5 I've paid no mind to this game what so ever, so I have no pre-conceived notion of it.

Given what I thought of the other games in the series, do you think I'd like RE6?
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#2NonoruPosted 10/6/2012 10:16:02 AM
Gameplay wise it's an updated version of RE5.

You got three campaigns giving somewhat different experience.

You'll see new and familiar faces if you play it. Especially RE2 cast.
---
Waiting for FFXIIIvs, KH III,Bioshock Inf.
#3Dave_GahanPosted 10/6/2012 10:18:36 AM
Do you like Left 4 Dead and Gears of War?
---
I KEEP THIS S*** 3HUNNA
HOUSTON TEXANS (4-0)
#4joncoallstarPosted 10/6/2012 10:19:37 AM
Hard to say, but lets just say i loved those games too, and this game bored me to death. Terrible control and shift to action killed it for me.

Also it is nothing like Resident Evil 5 I dunno what this guy is smoking.
#5JascoDPosted 10/6/2012 10:41:50 AM
There really is no point in these kinds of topics. All say different things.

I actually love RE6 and it's more and more starting to take it's place as my favorit one. Slowly pushing away RE2 from my throne.

And by that, the next post will say that it sucks! You see?

So anyway, there is this demo you can try out. The demo is really bad and as usual, a demo can actually ruin more then it helps. (Battlefield 3, Dead Space etc etc)

But at least it's something.

Good luck!
---
Itchy Tasty!
#6YamaguxhiPosted 10/6/2012 10:46:06 AM
Go play the demo. Just know that all the problems in the demo are in the game as well. This game really needed more time in the workshop IMO.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#7selfdeztructionPosted 10/6/2012 1:31:51 PM
I have been a RE fan since the original ps1 version came out (before the directors cut) and I've played them all and love them all except RE 5 and my expectations were nonexistent when I bought RE6 yesterday and I'm still really disappointed in RE6

It is like a crappy mix of Gears of War and Uncharted but without any kind of fun game play.I normally only play a newly purchased game one chapter a day (and on the hardest difficulty) s that I can stretch the length and enjoyment out but after playing this (for five hours on solo veteran)
I have decided to switch it to easy and use co-op so that I can experience the story and quickly beat the game and resell it while I can.

The reasons that I dislike this game have nothing to do with nostalgia and I would hate it just as much if it were a new franchise.

I won't spoil anything but the fact that this game has hostage rescue missions,a stamina bar/meter,and game play that is to fast paced and uninteresting to be enjoyable.

I have cleared five chapters and I have had to force myself to play it.Since you like 1,2 & 4,I think that you would be better off just avoiding RE 6 (unless you're only interested in the story) and you should play the 3DS game Resident Evil:Revelations,because it is a great RE even though it made me think that capcom had switched back to the survival horror theme,pacing and gameplay.

This will be the first game that I've sold within the past 16 years.

All of the things that I've said are just my opinion and I hope that everyone else enjoys it.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (Revolution) - 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC (HaVoK) 3780-9281-5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#8The_DjokerPosted 10/6/2012 3:30:56 PM(edited)
RE6 is an unpolished mess of a game. Technically flawed with terrible controls and camera. It can't even get the technically things right then what hope is there for the actual game? Say what you want about 5 but it was polished as hell, ran smoothly and didn't go at 10000mph with dodgy camera and god awful moving animations. I think there was about 2 hours of Leons campaign that was quite good, rest is garbage.
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#9amusingOnePosted 10/6/2012 3:39:13 PM
This game is straight up filth. If you like ass controls/camera and 2nd rate gears of war action, you will love it
#10Arucard05Posted 10/6/2012 3:50:28 PM
It doesn't matter what Resident Evil games you like. Or games in general, really. This just isn't a well made game.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.