in 20+ years of gaming this is the first game to make me bleed

#1UK360GAMER1Posted 10/6/2012 12:12:49 PM
I just finished one of Ada's boss fights and QTE events where all of a sudden you go from combat to having to smash the joystick left and right, yes one of those! I failed about three times so being ready I resorted to the controller killing method of turning the pad sideways and smashing the stick left and right with my right hand, at which point the circular outline under the stick slightly cut my skin.

Wow I mean wow even track and field on the ps1 wasnt this torturous.
I have been a event host and a tester on kinect for two years, i went from ZX spectrum to NES to SNES to ps1 to pc gaming to 360 and gamed all my life of my 29 years, I never encountered something as annoying as the QTE in this game. The gamer in me hates them and the tester logic wonders how the hell they thought this was a good idea and thought the difficulty of these was acceptable!

One reason I know is padding, they put them in knowing you will fail and when you fail you do it again, its called padding and its to make their average game a little longer.
#2LifelessBoyPosted 10/6/2012 12:13:52 PM
Calmly spin both analog sticks in a circular motion.

Problem solved.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko
#3JascoDPosted 10/6/2012 12:14:02 PM
Cool story? Bro?
---
Itchy Tasty!
#4Liubei666Posted 10/6/2012 12:14:36 PM
I thought I was the only one tormented by track and field.
---
who is better bobo or jongo?-psp0101
LIVE IS DOWN!!!
#5EleczoroPosted 10/6/2012 12:19:25 PM
UK360GAMER1 posted...
I just finished one of Ada's boss fights and QTE events where all of a sudden you go from combat to having to smash the joystick left and right, yes one of those! I failed about three times so being ready I resorted to the controller killing method of turning the pad sideways and smashing the stick left and right with my right hand, at which point the circular outline under the stick slightly cut my skin.

Wow I mean wow even track and field on the ps1 wasnt this torturous.
I have been a event host and a tester on kinect for two years, i went from ZX spectrum to NES to SNES to ps1 to pc gaming to 360 and gamed all my life of my 29 years, I never encountered something as annoying as the QTE in this game. The gamer in me hates them and the tester logic wonders how the hell they thought this was a good idea and thought the difficulty of these was acceptable!

One reason I know is padding, they put them in knowing you will fail and when you fail you do it again, its called padding and its to make their average game a little longer.

I've bled from games before.
#6YamaguxhiPosted 10/6/2012 12:21:19 PM
Qte in this game is horrendous. I blame god of war.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#7WingZero0782Posted 10/6/2012 12:22:22 PM
Yamaguxhi posted...

God of War did it right.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#8Turo602Posted 10/6/2012 12:24:20 PM
I don't think people know how to play games if they're bleeding from pushing buttons and moving sticks...
#9simonbelmont2Posted 10/6/2012 12:24:28 PM
Yamaguxhi posted...

God of War had way too many QTE. It wasn't so bad on normal mode but doing them in GOW2's titan mode was a hassle. Miss one QTE and the boss suddenly gets a ton of health back.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#10krono069Posted 10/6/2012 12:26:42 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
Calmly spin both analog sticks in a circular motion.

Problem solved.

^Yup, once I started doing it like this, I haven't failed a QTE since. Do this and your problems are solved TC.
__
---
PSN: krono069/Asus G73 laptop? A thousand bucks. My wife's reaction to a nude mod? Priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU