The president was going to reveal the truth behind Raccoon City? *spoilers?*

#1zerorush113087Posted 10/7/2012 2:30:13 AM
But didn't the opening to RE4 blatantly state that Umbrella's involvement with that incident and its viral research was already known by the public? And then the government basically forced them out of business etc.? So what was the president going to reveal that everyone didn't already know?

Now I've only just started Leon's story, so maybe I'm missing something here that hasn't been revealed yet.
#2SolidSnake163Posted 10/7/2012 2:43:44 AM
I believe it was about the us gov involvement with umbrella creatin bio weapons for military use but they didn't know umbrella was creatin viruses which caused the outbreak. Prez figured if US came clean it would help curb bio terror attacks globally
---
Gamertag: SFODD163
#3Spandau BalletPosted 10/7/2012 2:58:40 AM
I always thought the President was going to reveal they dropped the nuke on Racoon. I thought all this time they had covered it up or something and said it was an accident / umbrella.
---
Hello, I'm a British person.
#4LightningHawk90Posted 10/7/2012 2:59:43 AM
Spandau Ballet posted...
I always thought the President was going to reveal they dropped the nuke on Racoon. I thought all this time they had covered it up or something and said it was an accident / umbrella.

I doubt a nuke on a bioterror attack that is spreading would ever be able to be passed off as an accident.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#5NinjamiroquaiPosted 10/7/2012 3:28:28 AM
It doesn't make sense. Most of this game doesn't make sense. *SPOILERS* Why are all labs in RE games attached to catacombs/ancient ruins? Why does getting impaled in the chest or being chewed on by a giant shark not hurt? Why is there no wind resistance when jumping between flying helicopters in the mountains? Why can Sherry heal to full health in seconds from being impaled in the spine but when she's not in a cutscene she can die so easily? Why is Leon and Helena merely inconvenienced by the zombie gas but everyone around them changes immediately? It doesn't matter. I think they just don't care anymore.
---
GT - Antigravitybear
"Shhh... My common sense is tingling!" - Deadpool
#6happypor100prePosted 10/7/2012 4:07:38 AM
Ninjamiroquai posted...
It doesn't make sense. Most of this game doesn't make sense. *SPOILERS* Why are all labs in RE games attached to catacombs/ancient ruins? Why does getting impaled in the chest or being chewed on by a giant shark not hurt? Why is there no wind resistance when jumping between flying helicopters in the mountains? Why can Sherry heal to full health in seconds from being impaled in the spine but when she's not in a cutscene she can die so easily? Why is Leon and Helena merely inconvenienced by the zombie gas but everyone around them changes immediately? It doesn't matter. I think they just don't care anymore.

This is Gameplay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is a wall

This is Story

Get it?
---
GT-Goldchampion200
#7DuwstaiPosted 10/7/2012 4:18:38 AM
Spandau Ballet posted...

I doubt a nuke on a bioterror attack that is spreading would ever be able to be passed off as an accident.

Not if there was a power plant nearby.

As ridiculous as it is, the general public would eat it up. Meltdown actually causes nuclear explosion... >_>
---
balls
#8ZekeStarrPosted 10/7/2012 4:29:00 AM
From my understanding, what happened in Raccoon City eventually became a well known fact. As in, the general public ended up finding out about Umbrella and the whole Virus/B.O.W. experiments. All the survivors who went through the whole Raccoon City Incident and other incidents like it saw to it that Umbrella paid for their crimes.

Also known by the general public was that Raccoon City got nuked. The ending of RE3 declares that much with the news report you hear in the ending.

I believe that the truth the President was going to reveal was all about the shady dealings the US Government had with Umbrella and the fact that the US Government had been asking Umbrella to develop B.O.W.s for government use.