Jake H2H Combat

#11Cmac4Posted 10/7/2012 3:02:27 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
GGearX posted...
How do you guys do different moves? I only figured out how to lock on and dodge bullets in
slo-mo like wesker.

Dodge bullets in slow-mo? How do you do slow-mo?

Yeah, I've never done this either.
#12CalistoCoonPosted 10/7/2012 3:15:01 PM
Left and Right on the joystick as you sprint in, IIRC if you dodge bullets at the last second you get a small bit of slow mo, but it's not any kind of advantage just looks neat.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#13PJXcellencePosted 10/7/2012 3:28:39 PM
I like him as a character a lot, but hate his moves..... Every time I start enjoying the h2h combat, my stamina runs out.

It's really irritating.... I find doing well with him in Mercenaries a pain in the *** because of this.
#14GGearXPosted 10/7/2012 3:28:53 PM
Cmac4 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
GGearX posted...
How do you guys do different moves? I only figured out how to lock on and dodge bullets in
slo-mo like wesker.

Dodge bullets in slow-mo? How do you do slow-mo?

Yeah, I've never done this either.

While you lock on to someone and dash toward them from far away (there has to be some distance between you and the enemy) Press the left stick Left or right with the right trigger.

Then you do some dodgeing thing where jake moves quickly like in RE5 wesker. After that , if the J'avo is shooting at you you can enter a button prompt (X+A, or X in that press X at certain spots. I dont remember. ) Then you will do this slow- mo dodge like wesker in RE5 when he dodges in the air by doing some sort of barrel roll.

I know for sure that Jake has more moves! I remember I did a backflip then kneeing some J'avo in the face. It was only once though, and after I tried to do that again I only landed on my back.

Does anyone know how to use his Moves? I would really love to know!
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :O)
Sorry about the typos, I'm on my pony.
#15SSJ_JinPosted 10/7/2012 4:33:26 PM
Interesting, I never knew of this slow motion stuff. I knew about the dodging left and right while running at them, but I never had the opportunity to do the Wesker dodge. I'm also interested in the backflip after kneeing the enemy.

Thanks guys.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#16Reece504Posted 10/7/2012 5:24:40 PM
I flash kicked a zombie once like guile forgot how I did it.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#17EvocoPosted 10/7/2012 5:28:18 PM
What the hell???

I didn't know half of these things were possible with Jake, and now Slow-Mo dodging included?...wtf????

I want to get the game just for Jakes campaign!!!! As Jake would put it....HELL YEA!!!
#18f0rcaPosted 10/7/2012 6:21:41 PM
Reece504 posted...

I believe the enemy has to be on the ground when you get the melee prompt to do this. For example when those regenerator guys are crawling after you without their legs. I was doing this frequently then.
#19NovaKaneXPosted 10/7/2012 6:32:11 PM
Damn. I just started Jake's campaign and he seemed weak as hell until I saw this topic. Looks like I might have to buy the skills that will maxmize his potential. I was tryin' to save up my points for Inf Ammo, Lvl 3 Defense, and Lvl 3 Firearm power >_<
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#20Reece504Posted 10/8/2012 6:30:32 AM
f0rca posted...
Reece504 posted...

I believe the enemy has to be on the ground when you get the melee prompt to do this. For example when those regenerator guys are crawling after you without their legs. I was doing this frequently then.

Ok cool thanx Ima try and figure out his moves today
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez