So i messed up...

#1Megatron1111Posted 10/7/2012 5:44:19 PM
I played as Piers in Chapter 2 of Chris' Campaign and picked up the Shotgun. Now I am in chapter 3 as Chris and do not have a shotgun. From what I understand it's because the Chris AI did not pick up the shotgun. Is there a way to get the shotgun back besides replaying chapter 2?
---
Platinum FC: 1591-3330-9193
GAMER TAG: Black Fire44 PSN ID: Black_Fire44
#2pobattiPosted 10/7/2012 5:48:53 PM
Megatron1111 posted...
I played as Piers in Chapter 2 of Chris' Campaign and picked up the Shotgun. Now I am in chapter 3 as Chris and do not have a shotgun. From what I understand it's because the Chris AI did not pick up the shotgun. Is there a way to get the shotgun back besides replaying chapter 2?

Nope, you'll need to replay.

Each character is treated as an individual 'game', the AI doesn't have access to the equipment you found while playing as him/her - they only ever use their default gear.

The problem here is you completed Chapter 1 as Chris, unlocking Chapter 2. You then played Chapter 2 as Piers unlocking Chapter 3 - meaning you have access to Chapter 3 as either character.

You don't have to look at the game strictly linear, you can always go back and get things you missed or farm ammo and the like. Just consider clearing a level as unlocking the next.
#3decepticondevilPosted 10/7/2012 5:54:52 PM
I'm pretty sure, however, that if you're playing with a human partner any weapons they pick up will be added to that character's inventory in your game. I know that after playing through a couple of Leon's chapters with a friend, I loaded up chapter 2 as Helena and she had the Hydra.
#4pobattiPosted 10/7/2012 5:57:11 PM
decepticondevil posted...
I'm pretty sure, however, that if you're playing with a human partner any weapons they pick up will be added to that character's inventory in your game. I know that after playing through a couple of Leon's chapters with a friend, I loaded up chapter 2 as Helena and she had the Hydra.

Doesn't Helena always start with the Hydra?
#5Incubus421Posted 10/7/2012 5:57:27 PM
Helena starts with the Hydra.
---
4 / / Itchy. Tasty.
#6tiabo123Posted 10/7/2012 5:57:51 PM
umm helena always has the hydra shotgun.... she starts the game with it!
#7decepticondevilPosted 10/7/2012 5:59:14 PM
tiabo123 posted...
umm helena always has the hydra shotgun.... she starts the game with it!

Wasn't aware of that. Well... nevermind then.