The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I was wrong Resident Evil 6 is pretty dam good.

#1abbeldydooPosted 10/7/2012 10:17:35 PM
I was bashing the game prior without giving it a proper chance,i was wrong in most of my assumptions ones like assuming it would not feel like Resident Evil.The game has great atmosphere and even given the annoyances like cheap unavoidable deaths they at least usually start you right before the problem event happened so you don't have to redo much.

The camera on the demo was making giving me motion sickness but after playing through some bit on the retail i was able to adjust and that does not bother me now.

There are some things i did not agree with but once accepted thing like they were i was quit surprised to find that i was quit satisfied in what was presented.
I Redboxed it for a weekend co-op game with a friend and am pretty sure i will buy it tomorrow.,I went in hoping to find a tolerable co-op weekend game and ended up finding an awesome co-op game and an overall solid game.

This game is really really good and it is insane that it has been getting negativity in reviews.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2MagustheHagusPosted 10/7/2012 10:19:05 PM
See what happens when you listen to reviews instead of trying it out first before complaining? A game heavily said to be bad, is actually very good in a new direction type of way.
---
For all your True Ending needs and other Let's Plays check me out at
http://www.youtube.com/user/ArsisKytori
#3cheese785Posted 10/7/2012 10:20:14 PM
MagustheHagus posted...
See what happens when you listen to reviews instead of trying it out first before complaining? A game heavily said to be bad, is actually very good in a new direction type of way.

Well, he did say that he judged (at least part of) his opinion from the demo.
---
\m/
#4EmoBanger69Posted 10/7/2012 10:21:51 PM
"Overall solid" is a bit of an overstatement. I mean it's a pretty good game, but it's too action packed to be a real horror and not actiony enough to be a good action ga me, plus all the vehicle segments were just done awfully. With a little more direction and polish it would be solid overall, or even great. But as it is now it's just a good game....
#5abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 10:28:27 PM
Even with a distinctive shift in how the game is played it still really feels like RE,probably even more so than Resident Evil 5.That is something i really did not expect it to deliver on and i thought it did a great job.For every thing i didn't like about the game it made up for in other areas.

There was more than one segment i thought was horrible but for the most part they make things as inoffensive as possible on things like cheap death segments by keeping handy checkpoints for these staged events.

Its not perfect but i fell if everyone gave this game a chance most would see its at the veary least an above average game,Me,so far i found i like it enough it warrants a purchase after spending 8 bucks at Redbox.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#6Mdogg1214Posted 10/7/2012 10:29:13 PM
I gave it a chance and i did not like it.
#7Sacrament4Posted 10/8/2012 12:10:08 AM
After Chris' first chapter I was done.The terrible cover, the stupid enemies with guns, the camera...I was pretty much the. After hating the demo, all bad reviews, and that chapter on Vetern, I was ready to just quit. SO glad I didn't though. The game gets so much better after you give it some time. You get used to the camera, the controls give you a better feeling, and the game works...But Capcom did a horrible job of getting you acclimated,
#8WOT BSPosted 10/8/2012 12:14:48 AM
Sacrament4 posted...
But Capcom did a horrible job of getting you acclimated,

maybe capcom actually listened to gamers and its intentional? a lot of people don't like it when games "hold their hand"
---
GT: Extract Hz
#9DukeEnderzPosted 10/8/2012 12:44:42 AM
I will admit the game did have it's creepy moments. When Chris was tracking the Bio-Weapon, it reminded me on the alien movies.
#10decepticondevilPosted 10/8/2012 12:53:18 AM
i played through Leon's campaign a couple times and kept thinking "What is everyone complaining about? This game has some minor annoyances, but overall it's awesome!!"

Then I played Chris. Chapter 1 was unimpressive. Chapter 2 made me want to throw the game out the window. Game tells me to cross a bridge. I start crossing it, it explodes, random debris kills me. 4 ****ing times. Tried going different ways.... stay to the left... stay to the right... die. Die. Die. Finally managed to find some sweet spot and survived, but it was infuriating. Then trying to run through the area with all the boats and snipers (chapter 3?) with no ammo anywhere. Then trying to run from the helicopter over the boats and AI Piers dies and I can't do a thing about it.

I still like this game, and I still don't think it deserves a 4.5 by any means, but now I see why it's getting so much hate. It should have been pushed back about a year.