The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do You Think Capcom Cares About All The Reviews + What's Their Next Move?

#1PhilR1Posted 10/8/2012 3:29:46 AM
Hi there,

So we've had some terrible scores - 3/10 from Destructoid & 4.5/10 from GameSpot and really good scores that are over 9/10.

What do you think Capcom will make of all this? Do you think they care and continue what how they think the Resident Evil series or are they like Gearbox and actually listen to the fans?

I read an article once that publishers do indeed care about the Metacritic average and if a game gets more than 8/10, the developers get a bonus.

Do you think Capcom will ever go back to the survival horror roots, even if it is a PSN/XBLA game or go for another RE4 type game or continue down the action horror route?

This isn't a topic about what YOU think of Resident Evil 6 but Capcom's reaction's to the reviews and the fact 4.5 million copies have been shipped.

Cheers,
---
Currently playing Borderlands 2 & Resident Evil 6. Next games I'm buying - Dishonored, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution
#2StarBladeEdgePosted 10/8/2012 3:37:53 AM
they are only interested in sales. if they are still high they will continue this way with probably more horror so people shut up.

if they are low they kill it like mega man or do a completely new one.

i don't care ( except killing it ) i like the old and the new ones.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel
#3AhrimanTheStillPosted 10/8/2012 3:39:38 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
they are only interested in sales. if they are still high they will continue this way with probably more horror so people shut up.

if they are low they kill it like mega man or do a completely new one.

i don't care ( except killing it ) i like the old and the new ones.

"More horror" yeah no considering how well Re5 sold and how well Resident bay 6 is selling they will probably just stick with generic easy to understand action over immersive well developed horror. But i bet you thought Leons campaign was horror just because it was dark.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#4Irvine TomoePosted 10/8/2012 4:06:50 AM
AhrimanTheStill posted...
"More horror" yeah no considering how well Re5 sold and how well Resident bay 6 is selling they will probably just stick with generic easy to understand action over immersive well developed horror. But i bet you thought Leons campaign was horror just because it was dark.

Resident Evil hasn't had a sufficient horror element since Resident Evil 3. Horror =/= Without Action and Slow Pacing.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!