To everybody who thought the rope climbing was annoying... *spoilers*

#1chaoscontrol325Posted 10/8/2012 11:04:38 AM
... Imagine what it's like for the Ada player distracting the boss while you fail to climb that rope for 10 minutes straight. I'm telling you, it ain't nice.
---
PSN: Lazuri65
XBL:LazuriXIII
#2zenandiPosted 10/8/2012 11:05:14 AM
But you can't fail the rope climbing... can you?
#3chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:07:37 AM
zenandi posted...
But you can't fail the rope climbing... can you?

You can fail, drop down, loose a lot of progress and make it take a lot longer.
---
#4Just_a_loserPosted 10/8/2012 11:10:03 AM
Actually, if you're being chased by Simmons, and Ada fails to knock him down, I think he can kill you.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#5MoonlightTrollPosted 10/8/2012 11:12:47 AM
So glad I didn't intersect with someone else's game at that point.
#6simonbelmont2Posted 10/8/2012 11:13:53 AM
Lol, I was thinking the same thing TC. I did that part last night and thankfully I completed the rope part on the first try. I'd feel sorry for the player controlling Ada if the other player keeps failing the rope event. Simmons is a tedious boss already, having to spend more time fighting him because the other player takes too long makes it worse.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#7chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:15:48 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Lol, I was thinking the same thing TC. I did that part last night and thankfully I completed the rope part on the first try. I'd feel sorry for the player controlling Ada if the other player keeps failing the rope event. Simmons is a tedious boss already, having to spend more time fighting him because the other player takes too long makes it worse.

Well, in the first part of the battle as Ada, you really only need to survive until the Leon players manage to climb the rope. No amount of gunfire from yourself will make it finish faster. So I was just dodging that bastard on the extremely small area I had to fight on over and over and over again for what had to be 10 minutes.
---
#8pj44055Posted 10/8/2012 11:23:02 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...

That actually happened to me last night while playing as Ada. I eventually just stopped shooting him, as I realized that I was wasting ammo. It took the person playing as Leon forever to climb up.

Thankfully, he didn't have any problems when trying to climb the rope to escape Simmons at a later portion in the fight.
---
Wii FC: 3351-9107-3724-8137 Name: PJ
XBOX LIVE Gamertag/PSN ID: Vash8806
#9simonbelmont2Posted 10/8/2012 11:31:48 AM
chaoscontrol325 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

Well, in the first part of the battle as Ada, you really only need to survive until the Leon players manage to climb the rope. No amount of gunfire from yourself will make it finish faster. So I was just dodging that bastard on the extremely small area I had to fight on over and over and over again for what had to be 10 minutes.

Yeah, that sounds real tedious man lol. The area is indeed quite small too which makes dodging more difficult. You must of been well fed up after ten minutes of that.

pj44055 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

That actually happened to me last night while playing as Ada. I eventually just stopped shooting him, as I realized that I was wasting ammo. It took the person playing as Leon forever to climb up.

Thankfully, he didn't have any problems when trying to climb the rope to escape Simmons at a later portion in the fight.

Yeah, ammo won't help much there sadly. It's pot luck if you get a player that can handle the rope part easily or not.

At least the other player handled the later portion of the rope climb ok.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.