One thing that confuses me about Jake (SPOILERS)

#11jon davisPosted 10/8/2012 12:07:49 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
jon davis posted...
VIC10U5 posted...
He's got the immunity and such, but also his fathers great athletic gifts, and the fact that he is a highly trained mercenary. He's not able to do Super-Wesker things such as "teleporting" and generally being a bullet sponge but he is very gifted athletically.

No amount of athletic gifts and training could allow someone to beat Ustanak like he did, he even shattered its skull and not even the highly trained muscle bound Chris could do that.

Sure it could. We don't know the extent of the genetic modifications/perfections that Wesker had as one of the Wesker children. He could very well have been at superhuman levels and the later viruses and Ouroboros only amplified these. Also, Jake was essentially injecting himself with the c-virus, correct? Perhaps that also "energized" him, so to speak, without any of the adverse side-effects. All I am saying is that I don't believe his taking down the Ustanak was that unbelievable.

It never said that Wesker got any modification, just that they are exceptionally intelligent. If he was already superhuman why would he need the virus?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#12jon davisPosted 10/8/2012 12:08:51 PM
iEchoes posted...
jon davis posted...
iEchoes posted...
Didn't Jake and Sherry get captured by Carla and thrown into that lab? Who's to say they didn't experiment on him during that time.

He could do that stuff before then (like his intro cutscene)

I meant the fact of fighting Ustanak hand to hand. Sorry, I should've been more specific.

Even so, he clearly shows above human strength and abilities before being captured.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#13ocelot51Posted 10/8/2012 12:10:44 PM
Hell, it's never mentioned that Wesker was anything special before he injected himself with the Plot Device Virus. It seems just a little contrived to me.
---
"It is only [in La Mulana] that we entrust our fate." -Japanese indie developer NIGORO on their love of the art.
#14VIC10U5Posted 10/8/2012 2:10:34 PM
jon davis posted...
VIC10U5 posted...
jon davis posted...
VIC10U5 posted...
He's got the immunity and such, but also his fathers great athletic gifts, and the fact that he is a highly trained mercenary. He's not able to do Super-Wesker things such as "teleporting" and generally being a bullet sponge but he is very gifted athletically.

No amount of athletic gifts and training could allow someone to beat Ustanak like he did, he even shattered its skull and not even the highly trained muscle bound Chris could do that.

Sure it could. We don't know the extent of the genetic modifications/perfections that Wesker had as one of the Wesker children. He could very well have been at superhuman levels and the later viruses and Ouroboros only amplified these. Also, Jake was essentially injecting himself with the c-virus, correct? Perhaps that also "energized" him, so to speak, without any of the adverse side-effects. All I am saying is that I don't believe his taking down the Ustanak was that unbelievable.

It never said that Wesker got any modification, just that they are exceptionally intelligent. If he was already superhuman why would he need the virus?

Why does any villain want anything? More power. Perhaps there was/is a flaw in his genetic design. The Wesker children were designed to be perfect and maybe they will go into more detail about such things in subsequent games or DLC. A DLC about Jake researching his father would be cool, IMO.
#15j_person_425(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:30:14 PM
I guess it might just be RE's more over-the-top nature in the newer games, because Leon and Chris have done some pretty crazy things in the past couple of games too. Either way, playing as Jake is fun as hell, so I guess I can just leave it at that.
---
I have no nose and I must sneeze!!
#16Bane_Of_LifePosted 10/8/2012 4:41:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]