lol who leaves puzzle behind for someone to solve

#1shamon85Posted 10/8/2012 4:28:49 PM
it funny how the bad guys somehow leaves puzzle for the good guys to find and solve which means they been planning this for years and is very stupid . I'm trying to enjoy this game me and my friends but Capcom needs to just go back to the basic of the old one with no typewriter but better save point .
#2deadpool_legendPosted 10/8/2012 4:31:07 PM(edited)
shamon85 posted...
it funny how the bad guys somehow leaves puzzle for the good guys to find and solve which means they been planning this for years and is very stupid . I'm trying to enjoy this game me and my friends but Capcom needs to just go back to the basic of the old one with no typewriter but better save point .

So...you think the antagonists leaving behind puzzles is stupid so you want Capcom to return to the older games with MORE puzzles?

Also all the puzzles in this game are just "find the keys" for the most part, which isn't so much a puzzle the antagonists left behind so much as them having way too heavy security. XD
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#3VascelaPosted 10/8/2012 4:30:56 PM
It keeps normal people out. It doesn't keep secret service agents and BSAA members out. It's like locking a door.
#4JoogieePosted 10/8/2012 4:31:25 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
shamon85 posted...

So...you think the antagonists leaving behind puzzles is stupid so you want Capcom to return to the older games with MORE puzzles?

The puzzles in the old games were actually complicated too which means more time would be spent creating them. Now a days its just a matter of turning a crank or pressing/shooting a button or pointing a laser at some glass lol.
#5DarkPhoenix222Posted 10/8/2012 4:32:11 PM
shamon85 posted...

Almost every villain leaves a puzzle for the main character. I'm guessing you didn't play the early RE's. This one hardly has any puzzles in it, all aside from Ada's. If you don't enjoy the game because of puzzles, go and play CoD.
#6Artha_PennPosted 10/8/2012 4:33:14 PM
The puzzles are supposed to be SECURITY measures for the current workers. Can it be helped it the crap hit the fan AFTER they locked things down for the night? lol. Now granted, the Arklay Mountain residence in RE1, was built by a crackpot who insisted on the puzzles and such being hte locking mechanisms, but obviously Umbrella...and others thought that complicated puzzle locks were perfect everywhere else they worked. They're just too dumb to realise that hey...when crap hits the fan... we can't stop it because we have to do a lot of stuff to unlock one door. @_@.
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#7cheese785Posted 10/8/2012 4:36:01 PM
Joogiee posted...
shamon85 posted...

The puzzles in the old games were actually complicated too which means more time would be spent creating them. Now a days its just a matter of turning a crank or pressing/shooting a button or pointing a laser at some glass lol.

I can remember very few puzzles in the old games requiring any serious though. The one I can think of had something to do with paintings in RE:CVX. I haven't played RE3, so I can't comment on that one, but the majority of the puzzles I've seen in RE games have been pretty easy.
---
\m/
#8deadpool_legendPosted 10/8/2012 4:41:05 PM(edited)
cheese785 posted...
Joogiee posted...
shamon85 posted...

I can remember very few puzzles in the old games requiring any serious though. The one I can think of had something to do with paintings in RE:CVX. I haven't played RE3, so I can't comment on that one, but the majority of the puzzles I've seen in RE games have been pretty easy.

While I don't really enjoy the older REs I almost finished 0 and have played a little of REmake, and to me, they're not so much puzzles as Metroid style "Go here, get this, now you can go back to this room from 30 minutes ago and open the door"

Though I did find that 0 had Adventure Game Logic a few times and had to use a walkthrough so I did get stumped a few times.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9JoogieePosted 10/8/2012 4:43:58 PM
cheese785 posted...
Joogiee posted...
shamon85 posted...

Well not exactly "complicated" but more time consuming should I say. I remember a majority of them involved going from one spot to another to another just to get back to a single point. Then you had to start over and do it again. For example, a game like Resident evil 2 where you might go and get a key or something for a fountain which would then give you another key for a door and sometimes even that would lead you to a single item you had to go all the way back for. Without all that, it would probably have been a very short game. While games now do this also, like the statue part in the cathedral for example, it takes no where near as much time in my opinion.

But then again I havent played the old games in a long time. Those puzzles may just seem time consuming now because I haven't gone back and done them in a long time.
#10cheese785Posted 10/8/2012 4:49:10 PM
Joogiee posted...

Well not exactly "complicated" but more time consuming should I say. I remember a majority of them involved going from one spot to another to another just to get back to a single point. Then you had to start over and do it again. For example, a game like Resident evil 2 where you might go and get a key or something for a fountain which would then give you another key for a door and sometimes even that would lead you to a single item you had to go all the way back for. Without all that, it would probably have been a very short game. While games now do this also, like the statue part in the cathedral for example, it takes no where near as much time in my opinion.

But then again I havent played the old games in a long time. Those puzzles may just seem time consuming now because I haven't gone back and done them in a long time.

As someone who just completed the last few scenarios in RE2 last week, I feel that they were still pretty short. After a single play through with any character, it was pretty easy to know when and where items would be needed even with other scenarios/characters.
Also, padding length in a game is usually never seen as a good thing. While I didn't personally mind it in the older games (since it never was too extreme,) it still seemed like a cheap way of increasing game time.
---
\m/