1500 Kills Skill Unlock Questions

#1Irvine TomoePosted 10/9/2012 2:34:12 AM
So I read that the unlockable skills requiring 800, 1000, and 1500 kills with various weapons are all upgrades that boost the attack power of a specific weapon.

Three questions:

One, are they multi-tier upgrades, like Defense or Firepower?

Two, how powerful are they? Double damage? More?

Three, do mercenaries kills count?

And as a bonus, do any of the pistols deliver more damage per shot than the others? If I can farm this on Mercs, then I will want to pick specific characters.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#2SinisterBladePosted 10/9/2012 3:13:32 AM
So I read that the unlockable skills requiring 800, 1000, and 1500 kills with various weapons are all upgrades that boost the attack power of a specific weapon.

Three questions:

One, are they multi-tier upgrades, like Defense or Firepower?

They are single tiered, requiring no additional $P to be spent. They are relatively cheap but require time to earn. Magnum Master costs only 40k $P!

Two, how powerful are they? Double damage? More?

It is superior AND far cheaper than Firepower Lv.3, but of course applies to said weapon type and not any other class of gun, EVEN if they share a common calibur , like the Machine Pistols and Handguns, how both share identical 9mm rounds. Additionaly, it can be combined with FP3. Magnum Master + FP3 + Shooting Wild would yeild staggering DPS.

Three, do mercenaries kills count?

Yes sir.

And as a bonus, do any of the pistols deliver more damage per shot than the others? If I can farm this on Mercs, then I will want to pick specific characters.

Unsure here sorry, but from my understanding, no. Wings can be akimbo'd, Picador can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger [recoil!!], The 909 has less recoil with fast trigger pulls and of course Ms. Birkin's lovely hangun has burst fire. The 909 thing im not 100 on, so please take it with a grain of salt. Misinformation is unfortunately rampant when games are new :[
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#3PhilR1Posted 10/9/2012 3:16:09 AM
With regards to if the pistols have different damage, yes they do! I have got the guidebook and it does tell you all this but I do not have it on hand as I am at work. Guidebook did say that Leon's pistol is the best and I believe it says it has 160 damage. I think Chris' pistol has only 120 damage but I am not 100% sure of this.
---
Currently playing Borderlands 2 & Resident Evil 6. Next games I'm buying - Dishonored, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution
#4Irvine Tomoe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 3:16:22 AM
Thanks for the info!

That said, I suspect that the Triple Shot may count as a machine pistol. In both the Dog Tag titles and the Weapon list, it is not found with the Wing Shooter, Picador and the 909, but with the Ammo Box 50 and Ada and Pier's TMP. For that reason alone, I'm not going to get too excited and count my 3Xshot kills towards my total, which is now at 900 for pistols otherwise.
---
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#5SinisterBladePosted 10/9/2012 3:31:03 AM
Thank you, the handguns as I said I was unsure about.

The TS is still considered a handgun by the game itself, as equipping infinite handgun ammo awards her with inf ammo, and won't if you equip inf MP ammo instead. I have both classe's with infinite ammo, so trust me, this I AM sure of. My guess is they flubbed up with a line of code, as the Tri is the only HG that behaves likea completely seperate class if 'Y' is pressed. (Even has a 20 round mag)
They even share the EXACT same ammo type. I even noticed no individual SP character can carry both a handgun AND MP. Only Ada and Piers can possibly carry a machine pistol, and neither has or can even aquire a Handgun.

Unfortunately they decided not to give any indication as to how many kills a class has out of their respective1.5k/1k/800 kill requirments, so your best bet is to get a grab a calculator and add up the totals found in the records.
---
What is a man?!
#6Irvine Tomoe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 3:34:43 AM
SinisterBlade posted...

Unfortunately they decided not to give any indication as to how many kills a class has out of their respective1.5k/1k/800 kill requirments, so your best bet is to get a grab a calculator and add up the totals found in the records.

Yeah, which is what I've been doing. I'm at 890 without the Triple Shot, but with it, that puts me closer to 1000. I feel obligated to unlock these before I use Infinite Ammo . . . somehow just buying the Infinite Ammo unlocks seems too easy, I want to earn them. Would be much more extreme if I had to unlock this upgrade first, and then I'd feel like I'd earned the right. As it is, I can afford most of the Infinite Ammo skills right now, barring a handful I'd rarely use anyway.
---
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#7jpv2000Posted 10/9/2012 4:20:28 AM
Regarding the totals for each weapon. Mine is over 1300 for the Picador and over 800 for the nine-o-nine and around 400 for the triple-shot. and the skill hasn't unlocked.

So do you have to get the 1500 handgun kills from an individual handgun? Such as when I kill around 200 more with the Picador I figured it would then unlock. Or do I have a glitch?
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#8SinisterBladePosted 10/9/2012 4:27:10 AM
That isn't normal, no.

My guess would be maybe beating the entire game is a prerequisite, as in all 4 campaign's.

A single weapon is not required, I still have either magnum at 800 kills individualy, however I've had MAG master since yesterday morning.
---
What is a man?!
#9A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 10/9/2012 5:15:47 AM
Unsure here sorry, but from my understanding, no. Wings can be akimbo'd, Picador can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger [recoil!!], The 909 has less recoil with fast trigger pulls and of course Ms. Birkin's lovely hangun has burst fire. The 909 thing im not 100 on, so please take it with a grain of salt. Misinformation is unfortunately rampant when games are new :[

I think Sherry's triple shot is classified as a machine pistol. It's grouped with machine pistols in records and NOT with the 909 and wing shooter. All of the other weapons are grouped with their kin, and it technically would be a machine pistol if it were not fictional, so it stands to reason that it is classified as such in game.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All Shotguns, All Sniper Rifles, All SMGs, All ARs, L86LSW, MG36, PKP
#10poweriessPosted 10/9/2012 7:29:37 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
That isn't normal, no.

My guess would be maybe beating the entire game is a prerequisite, as in all 4 campaign's.

A single weapon is not required, I still have either magnum at 800 kills individualy, however I've had MAG master since yesterday morning.

No i've beat the entire game so many times on professional with all 4 campaigns and have like 6000 kills with the pistol. (1000 here, 800 here, 3000 here, etc)