Only 3 mercenaries maps excluding DLC?

#11GetGoodBroPosted 10/11/2012 8:48:46 AM
MMKirby posted...
teehee23 posted...
So far but there will definitely be more on the way.

Well that's depressing...

I've got the catacombs but even that got boring. Oh well. I'll be buying whichever new maps come out.

Thats too bad
#12heedtheninja67Posted 10/11/2012 8:45:12 PM
So... was RE6 just THAT big of a game that it only includes 3 maps where RE5 had like triple that?
#13MoonlightTrollPosted 10/11/2012 8:50:41 PM
heedtheninja67 posted...
So... was RE6 just THAT big of a game that it only includes 3 maps where RE5 had like triple that?

No I just think Capcom realized how popular mercs mode is this time around. Thats probably going to the be the major focus of DLC, so they basically wanted us to get bored quickly and buy up extra maps and characters.
#14kniferunnerPosted 10/11/2012 9:13:13 PM
RE4 only had 4 maps and i never got bored of them. I played them for years.

I was addicted to doing krauser knife/melee only runs. wesker handgun only and grenade only runs. Castle had new high scors like every week. Which i tried to get close to. To this day i dont understand how my castle krauser video out viewed my village krauser video. Having all those bella sisters and such in front of me was intense.

Im sure i can pass this sort of thing off to RE6 as well.
#15meestah009Posted 10/11/2012 9:38:35 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64279564

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29425395/three-mercenaries-maps-only-is-this-enough

The 3 pre-order maps are disc-locked content. Really though, I give up. I'm realizing now what these companies' marketing departments probably knew all along. Taking popular content like Mercs and dividing portions of it to sell as DLC will be extremely profitable. Some fans will realize what's being done, some fans will complain. But the majority of fans will not give a damn and just buy it.
---
Suckaz need to wash dey ass...
#16GetGoodBroPosted 10/11/2012 9:55:12 PM
meestah009 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64279564

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29425395/three-mercenaries-maps-only-is-this-enough

The 3 pre-order maps are disc-locked content. Really though, I give up. I'm realizing now what these companies' marketing departments probably knew all along. Taking popular content like Mercs and dividing portions of it to sell as DLC will be extremely profitable. Some fans will realize what's being done, some fans will complain. But the majority of fans will not give a damn and just buy it.

The sheep will find a way to justify disk-locked content
#17Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 10/11/2012 10:06:29 PM
meestah009 posted...
The 3 pre-order maps are disc-locked content.

Except they're not on the disc. The modders have already noted this.

UK pre-orders got all 3 maps, so they got 6 total maps with the game. The US only got one map due to retailer/Gamestop exclusivity greed.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#18LewisrichPosted 10/12/2012 2:38:00 AM
If they were locked on disc they would of taken a couple of seconds to download for a unlock key. Each download took a few minutes to download. Sucks that these preorders maps aren't gonna be free but not much you can do really.
---
GT: LKR101
#19GetGoodBroPosted 10/12/2012 3:16:07 AM
Lewisrich posted...
If they were locked on disc they would of taken a couple of seconds to download for a unlock key. Each download took a few minutes to download. Sucks that these preorders maps aren't gonna be free but not much you can do really.

Maybe not buy and stop giving reasons for crapcom to continue that bs?
#20pennywise666Posted 10/12/2012 3:28:04 AM
GetGoodBro posted...
Lewisrich posted...

Maybe not buy and stop giving reasons for crapcom to continue that bs?

One person like that for 100 ready to bend over and get the 2X4 up the ass sadly...
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?