Too much gore or something?

#1MaddyTheNinjaPosted 10/11/2012 6:33:40 PM
This makes me sound creepy...

Just wanted to ask this, but why doesn't Capcom not show your head getting cut off when you get chainsawed? They showed it in Re4. All others after that stopped showing it..Does anyone know why? Or is it just that the chainsaw enemies only cut your throat?

Just curious, Its a cool but horrific death :)
---
GT: TheHawkeyeNinja
#2ocelot51Posted 10/11/2012 6:36:13 PM
International cultural ideas of obscenity, coupled with a single international release, means that Capcom has to please everyone at once. Hence, no gore.
---
"It is only [in La Mulana] that we entrust our fate." -Japanese indie developer NIGORO on their love of the art.
#3BlacknGold86Posted 10/11/2012 6:37:41 PM
Too many idiots are letting their kids play stuff like this and its starting to ruin it for the rest of us.

Hell, my 5 year old nephew says his forite game is left 4 dead. WTF?

Anyway this may not be why but I do think its a major contributing factor.
---
THERE IS NO SIGNATURE... ONLY ZOOL
#4Stray_ZeroPosted 10/11/2012 6:38:02 PM
Well, technically, I screwed up on Jake's campaign on ch.2, because of Ustanak and that Gore Drill. :(

Also, there's that chainsaw BOW, but I haven't seen what happens after (same campaign), but I guess it might be gory or censored.
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#5ocelot51Posted 10/11/2012 6:40:29 PM
Stray_Zero posted...
Well, technically, I screwed up on Jake's campaign on ch.2, because of Ustanak and that Gore Drill. :(

Also, there's that chainsaw BOW, but I haven't seen what happens after (same campaign), but I guess it might be gory or censored.

The chainsaw B.O.W. won't decapitate you, but it sure likes to impale you with it. A lot. It'll lift you up with it sticking out of your chest and everything.
---
"It is only [in La Mulana] that we entrust our fate." -Japanese indie developer NIGORO on their love of the art.
#6BlacknGold86Posted 10/11/2012 6:41:46 PM
ocelot51 posted...
International cultural ideas of obscenity, coupled with a single international release, means that Capcom has to please everyone at once. Hence, the fans get boned .

Fix'd
---
THERE IS NO SIGNATURE... ONLY ZOOL
#7SethStonePosted 10/11/2012 6:42:08 PM
Actually. It DOES NOT show Leons head getting cut off in 4. The answer to this has nothing to do with censorship. In 4, and what they try and fail to do in 6 is the same thing. When you get chainsawed, Leons head is actually off screen because it's just easier then having to make a separate "headless" model and a model head. You see?
#8Stray_ZeroPosted 10/11/2012 6:42:27 PM
Yeah, lol, but it takes your entire life if you don't cherry tap the QTE and if you're standing still, I learned that the hard way (had to heal fully)... >_<
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#9ocelot51Posted 10/11/2012 6:43:10 PM
SethStone posted...
Actually. It DOES NOT show Leons head getting cut off in 4. The answer to this has nothing to do with censorship. In 4, and what they try and fail to do in 6 is the same thing. When you get chainsawed, Leons head is actually off screen because it's just easier then having to make a separate "headless" model and a model head. You see?

Nope. Leon's head rolls around like crazy. Blood was everywhere.
---
#10MaddyTheNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 6:48:15 PM
BlacknGold86 posted...
Too many idiots are letting their kids play stuff like this and its starting to ruin it for the rest of us.

Hell, my 5 year old nephew says his forite game is left 4 dead. WTF?

Anyway this may not be why but I do think its a major contributing factor.

Forgot about that. 10 year old raging kids and such..ruining the game for us.
---
GT: TheHawkeyeNinja