The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I'll keep my nostalgia goggles on thank you.

#1DukeEnderzPosted 10/11/2012 9:48:39 PM
My first game RE I played was RE2, after that, all of them. RE4 was great too. It allowed you to see the RE universe the way it was meant to be seen. I loved the story and the atmosphere of being alone and surviving off herbs and rationing out your ammo.

I remember playing the older games where you had to make decisions. "Do I run past them, or do I shoot them and waste what ammo I have left."

This is what made me fall in love with the series. It seems now you aren't really doing that at all, you're just running and gunning.

Here's how I look at it. I shouldn't HAVE to forget about what made Resident Evil so great so Capcom can make games that aren't so great.

To me this isn't a valid excuse. It's just sad, It seems Capcom doesn't listen to their fans.

Look at Hideo Kajima, people complained about the camera in MGS3 and you know what he did? He fixed it and even added things that didn't even have anything to do with gameplay. He listened and made a masterpiece.

If Capcom listened, imagine how great Resident Evil could be today.
#2OldDirtyCRPosted 10/11/2012 9:53:15 PM
k
#3JamanjaxPosted 10/11/2012 9:54:17 PM
I've played since RE1 and the game's fine as is. Kojima's a hack anyway.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#4AlesandrosPosted 10/11/2012 10:00:37 PM
I've played RE1, REmake, RE2, RE3, RECVX, RE4, RE5, RE:ORC, and RE6.

I agree with TC.

No need for an Action pacifier here.
---
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
"Not for me, not for you, but for us."
#5AthenovPosted 10/11/2012 10:02:06 PM
Put yourself in their shoes. When i mean their shoes, i mean the people that Leon, Chris, jill etc work for.

to be able to survive RE1-5 and all those others in between, don't you think its about time to adapt to the situation.

if the survivors thought the same way they thought in RE1. i think they'd be dead by now.
#6DukeEnderz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 10:08:11 PM
Athenov posted...
Put yourself in their shoes. When i mean their shoes, i mean the people that Leon, Chris, jill etc work for.

to be able to survive RE1-5 and all those others in between, don't you think its about time to adapt to the situation.

if the survivors thought the same way they thought in RE1. i think they'd be dead by now.

I guess that's true. They'd have to adapt as a character. :( I mean they do seem more prepared like Leon was in RE4. You go into a tragedy once you come back with preparation and new knowledge.
#7AthenovPosted 10/11/2012 10:14:49 PM
Ada's campaign felt like the old RE games tho.

cuz they throw all the elite zombies at you from the start.

and nobody to watch your back.
#8GetGoodBroPosted 10/11/2012 11:00:27 PM
Alesandros posted...
I've played RE1, REmake, RE2, RE3, RECVX, RE4, RE5, RE:ORC, and RE6.

I agree with TC.

No need for an Action pacifier here.

But what will the casual bronies play?
#9M4GordPosted 10/11/2012 11:19:35 PM
Athenov posted...

God I hate this argument
#10DukeEnderz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 11:26:42 PM
M4Gord posted...
Athenov posted...

God I hate this argument

Me too and I'm the friggin TC. I just can't seem to beat "If the survivors thought the same way they thought in RE1. I think they'd be dead by now."

Damnit man. It's so true and so painful.