Things that make RE a RE and lackthere of.

#1MrSleepsPosted 10/21/2012 8:13:48 AM
Man as every resident evil comes out we get things taken out from the oringials that is what made them great, and at the end of the day we get a game that plays and looks more then gears of war then a resident, evil, im not saying re6 is bad im just saying its not what we came to love with a resident evil, if re6 was called zombie nation or whatver i would be more satisfied. lets get to the topics and add some if you think of some.

first of all and foremost, the ability to be posioned. we all remember re1 getting poisned and being angry, having to look for a yellow herb. man i miss that.

yellow herbs in general, whats the point of having herbs if theres just two herbs green and red.

the ability to examine items, sure look at a book for a code, open it for a crest etc, amazing looking at a crank to see if its square or round etc, miss those days.

being able to figure out puzzles, these new re games is just run in a straight line, older games , hell i like putting a wolf crest into the horse crest spot and nothing happening. makes the game interesting.

i also miss revisiting spots you have been earlier in the game. just gets boring running in a straight line the whole game.

the type writer save thing and chests, just makes it a better expereience in general, but due to new gaming being catered to newbies the auto save feature is there and you don't need chests in re6 due to not needing items besides 1 key card lol

anybody have anything to add?
#2Negi0307Posted 10/21/2012 8:22:06 AM
Wow i almost forgot about the rage of getting poisoned i miss that feature even though i hated it. It did add a bit more of a challenge now if you have a bunch of herbs you just go screw it ill take a few hits there's no consiquences.
#3zenandiPosted 10/21/2012 8:28:51 AM
MrSleeps posted...
at the end of the day we get a game that plays and looks more then gears of war

I'm sorry, Gears of War doesn't have a melee game whatsoever.

first of all and foremost, the ability to be posioned. we all remember re1 getting poisned and being angry, having to look for a yellow herb. man i miss that.

Pointless with the health refill at checkpoint respawns. You'd have to get rid of the checkpoints, but then checkpoints serve the online Co-op game better.

the ability to examine items, sure look at a book for a code, open it for a crest etc, amazing looking at a crank to see if its square or round etc, miss those days.

Online co-op means it slows the game down.

being able to figure out puzzles, these new re games is just run in a straight line, older games , hell i like putting a wolf crest into the horse crest spot and nothing happening. makes the game interesting.

Slows the game down.

Interestingly, the one campaign that doesn't have a partner (Ada) has the most puzzles, proving my point.

i also miss revisiting spots you have been earlier in the game. just gets boring running in a straight line the whole game.

Your online partner doesn't want to go backwards.

Just for the record, I'd love for it to go back to a pure single player experience.
#4LifelessBoyPosted 10/21/2012 8:33:08 AM
I usually like constructive criticism but none of the things you listed would make the game better.

People need to take those nostalgia goggles off and realize that all those so called "puzzles" (I prefer the term fetch quests) were just filler to make the game longer.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko
#5zenandiPosted 10/21/2012 8:36:05 AM(edited)
LifelessBoy posted...
I usually like constructive criticism but none of the things you listed would make the game better.

People need to take those nostalgia goggles off and realize that all those so called "puzzles" (I prefer the term fetch quests) were just filler to make the game longer.

These were really pointless and annoying, but oh well, there's something oh-so-classic about them that they really should include them here and there for old time's sake (which, btw, THEY DID)

But Ada's hangman puzzle got me good, and Carla... Well played, Capcom...

Still, it ain't possible now. He's basically asking for an offline experience in an online game.
#6LifelessBoyPosted 10/21/2012 8:44:41 AM
zenandi posted...
LifelessBoy posted...

There were really pointless and annoying, but oh well, there's something oh-so-classic about them that they really should include them here and there for old time's sake (which, btw, THEY DID)

Still, it ain't possible now. He's basically asking for an offline experience in an online game.

I agree, I'm not hating on the people that like the puzzles and I understand where they're coming from. I owned the classics and I feel the nostalgia too. The difference is I don't let it blind me from what the old games actually were.

The puzzles weren't "brilliant", the gameplay was clunky and it wasn't that scary. Even the story was as cheesy as it is now. RE hasn't changed very much.

*bro hug*
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko
#7POWERSLAVE_815Posted 10/21/2012 8:47:07 AM
Being able to interact with items without picking them up
#8Rob_IndahoodPosted 10/21/2012 8:50:06 AM
Wasn't it blue herbs that cured poison? Yellow boosted your health in RE4.
---
GT: Warhound07
#9MrSleeps(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 8:53:28 AM
what i meant about gears of war comparision is that, 1 you can stomp on dudes on the ground, also, the chris and jake campaign the enemies have guns already and it seems you have to use "cover' to shoot them,

wouldn't you agree that gears of war is heavy on the cover system? just a minor comparison.

also what is wrong with having puzzles to have the game "longer'. i don't see anything wrong with that.. Having to stop and think to do a puzzle, or read a book for the pass code takes an extra 3 minutes, let alone you thought it was pointless but the main purpose for it was to take a break from the other aspects of the game, look at this game just shoot shoot shoot run go through door, shoot shoot shoot rinse repeat, theres no break with you have to think, hence the gears of war reference.

as much as the co-op is ok, i also wouldn't mind if it was a single player only expereience, but we all know those days are long and gone. people want to milk this online gaming for what it is.
#10JascoDPosted 10/21/2012 8:53:32 AM
Rob_Indahood posted...
Wasn't it blue herbs that cured poison? Yellow boosted your health in RE4.

You're right.
---
Itchy Tasty!