Things that make RE a RE and lackthere of.

#21DarkD3stinyPosted 10/21/2012 10:32:11 AM(edited)
Yellow herb? dont you mean blue herb? re4 had yellow herb. I always used a blue herb for poison and yellow herb in re4 was to move the health bar up.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#22EleczoroPosted 10/21/2012 10:33:42 AM
softwarefreak posted...
Very true, I overlooked these purely because my area is the mechanics of how the game is played, as opposed to the more "artistic" elements (creative writing, music, creature/ character design) which I leave to the other team members who are far more competent at it than I.

But thinking about it the creature designs have not, to my knowledge, been repeated in other games (aside from zombies, of course!), likewise with the core elements of the story.

Right, there are so many elements in a video game that has to be considered, gaming sure is a complicated medium isn't it lol. Congrats on being a part of the video game industry, must be very exciting! You must be very skilled to do all these programming. There are just so many things to be thought of including things ike advertising and PR.
#23DarkD3stinyPosted 10/21/2012 10:40:58 AM
TC I think you should of gone to specsavers because last time I checked re6 has puzzles.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#24MrSleeps(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 10:47:50 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
TC I think you should of gone to specsavers because last time I checked re6 has puzzles.

lolz at this really, re6 has puzzles? which ones? the church in leon where you got to find the only 2 items in the church and put them in the only place? please inform me of the puzzles you saw in re6 i must of missed them.

to me a puzzle is in re1 the crow room where you got to hit thebutton on the picutures in order from youngest to oldest, with no direction on how to do it. thats a puzzle. trying to figure out if a newborn baby comes before infant. thats a puzzle
#25DarkD3stinyPosted 10/21/2012 10:53:17 AM
MrSleeps posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...

lolz at this really, re6 has puzzles? which ones? the church in leon where you got to find the only 2 items in the church and put them in the only place? please inform me of the puzzles you saw in re6 i must of missed them.

to me a puzzle is in re1 the crow room where you got to hit thebutton on the picutures in order from youngest to oldest, with no direction on how to do it. thats a puzzle. trying to figure out if a newborn baby comes before infant. thats a puzzle

If you dont know that a new born baby comes before a infant then your beyond help. Also saying that everyone who likes re4, 5 and 6 only played re games later on makes you look silly. Ive been with the re series since day one and I prefer re4, 5 and 6 over the old re games.
---
#26simonbelmont2Posted 10/21/2012 10:56:11 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
MrSleeps posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...

If you dont know that a new born baby comes before a infant then your beyond help.

Lol.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#27MrSleeps(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 10:59:08 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
MrSleeps posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...

If you dont know that a new born baby comes before a infant then your beyond help. Also saying that everyone who likes re4, 5 and 6 only played re games later on makes you look silly. Ive been with the re series since day one and I prefer re4, 5 and 6 over the old re games.

ok at age 12 i made a mistake and i didn't know that a newborn baby came before infant. i apologize lol. also its just my opinion on which one i prefer you are entitled to your own opinion. i like re6 i just don't think its funner then the old ones, tbh, theres so many games that play like re6 out now, but there are very few adventure games that make you have to think, again shoot shoot shoot run straight shoot shoot shoot run straight, if thats your cup of tea, its good that re has gone in this direction, to me i could do that with over 20 titles now a days. i also liked 4 better then 5 and 6.

also yes i forgot blue herbs healed posion my apologies not yellow!

i also like resident evil for gamecube (the remake) as my favorite resident evil have you played that one?
#28iSeibaPosted 10/21/2012 11:01:52 AM
Off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm missing some:

Lab number puzzle: Leon Chapter 2
Bells puzzle: Leon Chapter 2
Door and picture puzzle: Ada Chapter 1
Hangman puzzle: Ada Chapter 2
Pinned zombies puzzle: Ada Chapter 2
Stealth section bonus chest puzzle: Jake chapter 2
Lock puzzle: Jake Chapter 3 (More "puzzley" as Sherry. Jake just piggybacks on her success)
ID medal search/puzzle: Jake Chapter 3

People seem to be counting classic RE multi-room collection segments as puzzles, so I'm counting the ID medals. At least if you go for all 16, which if this board is any indication of the general populous, most people who did bother to go for more than 10 didn't get all 16 without help.

Not all of them are hard, at least not compared to old school RE puzzles, but they are puzzles. The ones that actually might take plenty of death, retries, and/or time are generally either optional or in Ada's campaign, which as someone else mentioned is due to the fact that time consuming puzzles simply don't work in an online co-op game.
#29DarkD3stinyPosted 10/21/2012 11:16:41 AM
TC its perfectly ok for you to prefer the old re games to the new ones but the only problem I have is people saying there's no puzzles in re6 when there clearly is. Theres a difference between noticing re6s flaws and totally lying to yourself that there isent any puzzles in re6 when there is.
---
#30HorsemanSkipPosted 10/21/2012 11:35:00 AM
If you enjoy the older RE's, then you do. No one should fault you for that. However, what annoys me is assuming you had to think to beat them. I replayed Resident Evil 1 a few years ago. Beat it in just under 5 1/2 hours in one sitting. No game that I can do that in requires much thought. The only thinking I had to worry about was planning ahead. Conserving ammo correctly so I can handle what's up next. The puzzles were neither complicated or difficult. And they reset when you left the room, making them even easier. The "puzzles", to me, were nothing more than an annoyance I had to get through.
---
"The battle is never over." -Padan Fain.