Save data corrupted...

#1MajorLagGamingPosted 10/23/2012 9:38:27 AM
So I loaded RE6 up earlier and got a 'save data appears to be corrupted and cannot load'. I've tried several things in an attempt to fix the situation, but to no avail.

Things I've tried doing:
*Deleted the installed game of RE6, and loading with it uninstalled, and later installed. Also removed the only other file, that being DLC
*Attempted to move the game data onto a USB drive, but could not get the option to copy, only delete
*Removing the hard drive
*Clearing the cache, and loading the game up without and with the update installed

As all of these seem to do nothing, I'm fairly certain at this point there is no way to recover the data. Any suggestions?
#2otakutwinPosted 10/23/2012 10:02:57 AM
Delete save data and start over. If it's corrupted and the data cannot be saved than the only thing left to do is delete it and start over.
---
There may be no "I" in team but there is a "M" and "E", which spells "ME"
#3kniferunnerPosted 10/23/2012 10:05:13 AM
You got to try relaxing and make sure the game isnt saving when the game gets turned off.
#4BlueJester007Posted 10/23/2012 10:08:13 AM
otakutwin posted...

I have a better rebuttal to that phrase. It goes like this.

Person 1: There's no "I" in "Team".

Person 2: Yeah and there is no "U" either. So if I'm not on the team and you're not on the team, nobody is on the team. The team sucks.
---
If all Trimps are Tromps and all Tromps are Trumps, then all Trimps are definitely Trumps. True or False?
#5kniferunnerPosted 10/23/2012 10:14:19 AM
Some sayings need to die, especially the ones that dont make any sense.
#6MajorLagGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 10:19:45 AM
otakutwin posted...
Delete save data and start over. If it's corrupted and the data cannot be saved than the only thing left to do is delete it and start over.

It looks like that is the only option at this point. 30 hours kaput, but thanks anyways.

kniferunner posted...
You got to try relaxing and make sure the game isnt saving when the game gets turned off.

Well, I powered down at the main menu after Mercenaries, so I'm not sure that has got much to do with this. Same situation happened to me with RE5, twice in fact.
#7deadpool_legendPosted 10/23/2012 3:41:17 PM
MajorLagGaming posted...
otakutwin posted...

It looks like that is the only option at this point. 30 hours kaput, but thanks anyways.

kniferunner posted...

Well, I powered down at the main menu after Mercenaries, so I'm not sure that has got much to do with this. Same situation happened to me with RE5, twice in fact.

Wouldn't that make it a hardware issue?
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#8otakutwinPosted 10/23/2012 5:51:15 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
otakutwin posted...

Person 2: Yeah and there is no "U" either. So if I'm not on the team and you're not on the team, nobody is on the team. The team sucks.

AWWW how cute a little troll looking for love. Come here group hug
---
#9Ryan-06Posted 10/23/2012 5:56:12 PM
otakutwin posted...

I always have a backup on another source. RE6 allows as many copies of your savefile as you want to be made, TC.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#10EleczoroPosted 10/23/2012 8:10:47 PM(edited)
BlueJester007 posted...
otakutwin posted...

That was much worse than his. Not only was it lame as hell but it failed as it was never supposed to be about "U" to begin with.

On-topic, that happened to my main co-op buddy too but he had played for about 2 campaigns before me and he was eager for a reason to replay everything again with me.