Should I get this game

#1DAH_JoePosted 11/1/2012 8:10:02 PM
The only resident evil games I've played and beaten are 4 and 5.
---
Check profile for contacts.
#2N7Spectre707Posted 11/1/2012 8:13:47 PM
Well then you would probably like 6. The majority of hate comes from long time fans who want more of the survival horror of the older games.

Though still, there are a few legitimate issues with the game, but IMO they are all minor and don't stop it from being fun and enjoyable.
---
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.
#3JascoDPosted 11/1/2012 8:16:47 PM
I just want to see you waste your cash TC, so yes get it!
---
Itchy Tasty!
#4Steve__BurnsidePosted 11/2/2012 3:18:58 AM
I loved RE4 and enjoyed RE5 but hate RE6.

It feels like not only a bad Resident Evil game, but a bad action game. There's so many problems with this game that makes it not enjoyable.

- Overused QTEs
- Bad Vehicle Sections
- Bad Camera
- Bad Cover System
- Chapters are too long (the actual length of the campaigns are good, but the chapters should have been divided up better.
- Repetitive boss fights
- Boring and repetitive gameplay.

That's my thoughts on RE6 and I haven't finished Jake's campaign or Ada's campaign yet. And I honestly have no desire to go and beat them. Alot of people seem to like it, so you might like it as well, TC.
---
Currently listening to: Morbid Angel, Sodom, Inquisition, Darkthrone, Kreator, Tribulation, Exodus
#5RetneugPosted 11/2/2012 3:43:42 AM
I loved RE4, felt nothing for RE5, and I like RE6.

I would say get it simply because the enhancements they've made to melee are utterly game-changing. Once you learn to utilize quickshots and no-cost instakills the combat gains a sort of flow and artfulness similar to the Batman Arkham games in terms of smoothness of play.

Plus the separate campaigns are really interesting, especially Ada's. I alternated campaigns, doing a leon chapter then a chris chapter etc. and I found that very rewarding.

So overall I'd say those are a couple major reasons why the game is unique enough to be worth playing. The new characters are pretty great too IMO
---
Favourite things:
Electro-swing and lactokinesis
#6KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/2/2012 4:31:12 AM
You would probably like it but expect a step or even a leap backwards from the quality in RE4 & 5, especially 4.

The fact is RE6 is an average game whether you are a long time fan of the series or you look at it as a stand alone game.
---
PLAYING - Journey (PS3), Football Manager 13 (PC), Resident Evil 6 (360).
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns