is resident evil 6 that bad

#21Dark_SpiretPosted 11/11/2012 11:58:42 PM
not bad, just...all over the place. it tires to do too much for too many and ends up fumbling most of the time. Theres still a lot to like about this game and id still call it a GOOD game, but its one of those games were its highs are VERY high and its lows are VERY low. More than any other game out there, its reception is going to vary drastically from person to person. Personally i loved it and its problems didnt bug me too much, but theres enough here to where someone can nitpick the game to absolute death.
---
Currently playing: FTL - X-COM: EU - Hotline Miami
#22BiggyDXPosted 11/14/2012 8:53:33 AM
It makes for a good co-op game, but parts of the game can become convoluted. Most of the gripes that people have with the game is centered around the lack of "Horror" and the heavy combat emphasis involved in the game (including QTE).

The campaigns have their own flavor to them in terms of gameplay; though they don't deviate too far from one another. Chances are, you'll end up liking one campaign more than another (There's 4, which last about 5-7 hours each)

One issue that might be universal is the sheer lack of puzzles that made the previous games.
---
Gamertag: My user name
#23moodyjm2Posted 11/14/2012 9:19:37 AM
No. There a few tools on this board that have nothing better to do with their lives than troll every topic with anti-RE6 propoganda as if they had some actual money invested in the game.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
"This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time."
#24blazinapplePosted 11/14/2012 11:39:09 AM(edited)
moodyjm2 posted...
No. There a few tools on this board that have nothing better to do with their lives than troll every topic with anti-RE6 propoganda as if they had some actual money invested in the game.

its more or less that ppl spent hard earned money they worked for only to see a series they've grown to love get watered down to casuals and action junkies. go play COD or GOW for that.

-half the skills you can buy are pointless and you will never ever use them.
-kiss the store goodbye that you liked in re4+re5
-no more upgrading individual weapons
-tons of qtes (on par with ninja blade)
-horrible forced camera moments that cement you to the ground while enemies surround and kill you.
-only 3 merc stages when bought unless preordered or bought through marketplace
-no customizable costumes for beating the game
-no unlockable weapons for beating the game
-storage system to hold onto ammo health etc at end of chap is gone
-character storage space is terrible, ex: you will have to sack some ammo or nades if playing as chris or piers with launcher. you cannot hold cyro, acid, an explosive ammo for launcher without dropping something
-gotta find all the emblems to uncover information about the storyline or chars to understand what the hell is going on due to a poorly developed story
-insta-kill/down glitch from enemies... yes it happens even rocking lvl 3 defense
-CONSTANT cutscenes, walk 5 ft cutscene, walk 1 foot another cutscene.
-boss fights carry on forever
-feels too much like a crappy michael bay movie with all the explosions left and right

pros

-combat system is improved with the running,diving, sliding

yeah thats about it for now.
---
vote for pedro
#25moodyjm2Posted 11/14/2012 12:00:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26Dark_SpiretPosted 11/14/2012 2:49:47 PM
blazinapple posted...
nearly every single one of those "complaints" boil down to a nitpick or are blown WAAAY out of proportion. the camera being taken away is the only legit issue there and some of those are just stupid like the game having too much action or having to shoot the emblems for the story(play all 4 campaigns and there shouldnt be much issue unless you stoped paying attention. the emblems just flesh it out some more). The large amount of QTE's and cutscenes are vastly over stated and are only a real problem in Leons campaign. The rest of those boil down to replay value which admittedly is worse than other RE's, but are not core flaws with the game.
---
#27blazinapplePosted 11/14/2012 8:42:56 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
blazinapple posted...
nearly every single one of those "complaints" boil down to a nitpick or are blown WAAAY out of proportion. the camera being taken away is the only legit issue there and some of those are just stupid like the game having too much action or having to shoot the emblems for the story(play all 4 campaigns and there shouldnt be much issue unless you stoped paying attention. the emblems just flesh it out some more). The large amount of QTE's and cutscenes are vastly over stated and are only a real problem in Leons campaign. The rest of those boil down to replay value which admittedly is worse than other RE's, but are not core flaws with the game.

some of it might be nitpicking but for the most part its fact that things in Re4/Re5 that ppl enjoyed greatly, were taken out or greatly watered down... shop is now watered down skills which half are pointless... thats a fact

no more campaign unlockables like costumes and guns.... fact

no storage system... fact

too much action is a bad thing... especially in the Re series... it went michael bay on players.... fact

all campaigns have the walk 5 ft cutscene walk 1 ft cutscene.... walk 10 ft camera pans to enemy while your grounded... fact

there is no replay value in this game unless achievement hunting or helping a friend in coop, there is nothing special after you beat the campaign.... fact

also stating agent hunt or mercs is an unlockable is partially true but those modes should have been unlocked off the bat as it is the only redeeming quality in the game

insta-kill/down player glitch... fact

so some of it might be nitpicking like boss battles are way overdrawn or the over abundance of QTE's which is fact and nitpicking

but alas, capcom said they made it more western (guessing western means bang bang shoot em up cowboy style like CoD/GoW), so i should of expected nonsense like this. it was a survival horror series... now its just another mediocre action title
---
vote for pedro
#28Ada4everPosted 11/14/2012 8:54:36 PM
I think it is pretty good
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same" Ada Wong
#29Dark_SpiretPosted 11/14/2012 9:34:29 PM(edited)
blazinapple posted...
but alas, capcom said they made it more western (guessing western means bang bang shoot em up cowboy style like CoD/GoW), so i should of expected nonsense like this. it was a survival horror series... now its just another mediocre action title
i never said anywhere that those things didnt exist or that you were lying. im saying they dont matter that much when it comes to the overall expereince. I LOVED the storage system and weapon upgrading, but outside of replay value it doesnt matter that much. the older games were amazing and they didnt have them. I miss those elements too and i do agree that it hurts the replay value, but its terms of playing the game its not that big of a deal especially considering that 6 is already 3-4x the length that 5 was. There was most likely going to be some cut elements. the skills are all useful only some for certain situations. iv used all of them quite a bit with the exception of a couple. Also just because you dont use it doesnt mean its useless. so no thats not a "fact". RE4 had a ton of action, RE5 had a lot of action, RE6 has even more action. 6 is just as much of an RE title as 4 or 5 was, that is to say THEY ARNT. The series turned to an action series 7 years ago. deal with it.

The cutscenes being over done crap is mainly small things. like they take the camera away for 3-5 seconds(which can suck at points) to show you something or show the characters movements. its not that big of a deal. its not like they go full MGS4 on your ass. Lastly if you think this series has turned into a generic action shooter ala CoD or Gears then you ARE PLAYING THIS GAME WRONG. Just because its got a lot of action and cover system means jack ****. they control and feel nothing alike provided you actually use what the game offers.

insta-kill/down player glitch... fact

iv got 89hours on my save file and iv NEVER run into this. however im not going to say it doesnt exist either. if it happened to you then sorry and it sucks.
---
#30gameguy006Posted 11/14/2012 11:59:53 PM
People will defend this game to the ground. I had no problem when Resident Evil started changing in 4 and 5. I loved the old games , but didn't mind the change. The fact is people feel they need to defend their bad purchase no matter what. Truth is, its just not a fun game. It's annoying and mediocre. When I got to the Chris part I thought I was playing CoD. If they turned CoD into a poorly designed third person shooter with gun toting zombie wanna-be's and mutants.