How come the game is uncomfortable with letting the player kill bosses? spoilers

#1PffrbtPosted 11/3/2012 2:49:29 AM
Very few bosses actually die as a direct result of something the player did. Most bosses just have the player pumping ammo into bosses with no tangible feeling of progress before initiating a cutscene for the boss to die in, with or without a QTE (although the boss is sure to reappear half a dozen times afterward before finally dying in another cutscene).

I think the most disappointing example of this comes from Chris' final boss. It's one of the few decent boss battles in the game that makes to feel like you're really doing something and genuinely killing it. Then when you've won and you're ejected and floating away in the escape pod the f***ing thing comes swimming over to grab you looking perfectly fine. Like nothing you did matter or affected it at all. Then Piers shocks it once and it dies in a cutscene completely outside of player interaction. It just ruins the satisfaction.
#2teehee23Posted 11/3/2012 4:25:15 AM
We disagree to the maximum and RE6 is more realistic.
Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks to throw and then you get stuck in a spot needing a snowball but there ain't no snow.

Same principal here.

You're welcome.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#3point2blankPosted 11/3/2012 6:46:54 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. Everything you kill comes back in some miraculous way only to be killed by some outrages chain of events in a cutscene.
#4Pffrbt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 9:21:39 PM
teehee23 posted...
We disagree to the maximum and RE6 is more realistic.
Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks to throw and then you get stuck in a spot needing a snowball but there ain't no snow.

Same principal here.

You're welcome.

I hate all of your posts.
#5DegalonPosted 11/4/2012 10:00:44 PM
Pffrbt posted...
Very few bosses actually die as a direct result of something the player did. Most bosses just have the player pumping ammo into bosses with no tangible feeling of progress before initiating a cutscene for the boss to die in, with or without a QTE (although the boss is sure to reappear half a dozen times afterward before finally dying in another cutscene).

I think the most disappointing example of this comes from Chris' final boss. It's one of the few decent boss battles in the game that makes to feel like you're really doing something and genuinely killing it. Then when you've won and you're ejected and floating away in the escape pod the f***ing thing comes swimming over to grab you looking perfectly fine. Like nothing you did matter or affected it at all. Then Piers shocks it once and it dies in a cutscene completely outside of player interaction. It just ruins the satisfaction.

On the note of the boss going after Chris' pod...that was a SECOND monster. You killed the first one. You saw the cocoon for this one off to the left when making the final run to the escape pod after killing the first one.

That's why it looks totally fine: You hadn't fought this one yet.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#6Pffrbt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 10:14:51 PM
Degalon posted...
On the note of the boss going after Chris' pod...that was a SECOND monster. You killed the first one. You saw the cocoon for this one off to the left when making the final run to the escape pod after killing the first one.

How do I know you're telling the truth?
#7DegalonPosted 11/4/2012 10:55:27 PM
Pffrbt posted...
Degalon posted...

...what?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#8Pffrbt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 11:04:38 PM
Degalon posted...
Pffrbt posted...
Degalon posted...

...what?

You could be pulling my leg.
#9Kurama2Posted 11/5/2012 1:12:36 AM
This game has the worst boss fights ever.
---
Leaf
#10doomedsunsoulPosted 11/5/2012 4:47:06 AM
Pffrbt posted...

Yeah i agree.

It ends up feeling like you're watching a movie instead of playing a game. I understand why they did it that way and lots of other games do the same thing but i prefer the exact opposite. I want more involvement and control especially when inventory management is so difficult. I loved how most of the regular enemy encounters were handled. You have tons of ways to fight or run, it should have carried over to boss battles.

Like in RE nemesis when every single time the giant bastard showed up saying S.T.A.R.S you could either run for your life or if you manged your supplies right you could stop and fight and get something cool for winning. I miss that style of play.