So, how is this game really?

#11LocomotorPosted 11/8/2012 2:19:20 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. Really loved RE4, quite liked RE5 and disliked both demos of RE6. The full game was a huge disappointment. I beat it, sure, and it isn't completely awful, but it is easily the worst RE game in years.

Every single flaw from the demos is present in the full game. In fact the full game has way more problems (like repeating missions, or inconsistent save system). I can't say there was only bad stuff, but the only way to enjoy it is to adapt to the terrible game design of this game and constant bugs. I lost count of all the melee attacks, or counters that missed the enemy, when they really shouldn't have. Things like this almost never happened in RE5. I remember only three melees that missed in RE5 (and 2 of them were through an obstacle, so it is understandable) and played more than 150 hours of it.
---
Cammy White for UMvC3 DLC.
#12ShadowSamurai_XPosted 11/8/2012 2:50:21 AM
i really loved re5
so i was really looking forward to this one

however for some reason iam just not having as much fun as i did in re5
re6 is decent but i don't think its worth full price

but its def not as horrible like some people try to make it out
a 5/10 or 6/10 game is not a bad game but kids these days think that score is a fail

it is not
---
ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW
#13Raddy8Posted 11/8/2012 4:04:58 AM
Well I didn't like the demo much, didn't really give me a good enough feel for the game I thought. On a whim, I preordered the game a few days before and don't regret it myself. Logged about 100 hours so far, even having trouble playing Halo 4 (which I do like) because I want to jump back for more mercs.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#14PffrbtPosted 11/8/2012 4:20:24 AM
StupidMofoz posted...
If you don't like the general game play in the demo then you wont like the full game.

However if you like the gameplay, and enjoy mercs, you'll like the game. The story mode is kind of just there for the lore and achievements.

This is not true. I enjoyed the demo quite a bit but found the full game to be awful.
#15diddles85Posted 11/8/2012 6:09:54 AM
I personally have mixed feelings about this game. It would be a lot better if Capcom if they would have appealed to their fans and not their wallet. They went over the top with QTE's that you will die. A LOT, it really ruins the game when your doing the same part 3 or 4 times (cut scenes included), because they decide to add a QTE with little warning or a lack of promting as to what you should be doing til its to late. If your a die hard fan, maybe buy it once the price drops. I would recommend just renting it or borrowing it and getting your fill. Its definitely not what you would hope it would be.
#16jpv2000Posted 11/8/2012 7:45:26 AM
I didn't enjoy the demo, but I love the actual game.

If you are still on the fence, TC, give it a rental first.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#17desi_shinobiPosted 11/8/2012 7:48:51 AM
I have to say, I avoided trailers and gameplay vids so I wouldn't get spoilers.

And I have to say I LOVE this game!! I am actually addicted to it (but I usually get like this with every RE game).

I have clocked 70 hours already (though 15 hours is for Mercs alone).

I won't be finished till I S rank everything.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi