God I love Leon's campaign. *Spoilers*

#1DegalonPosted 11/10/2012 9:45:53 PM
That, and RE5's Lost in Nightmares, is what RE Atmosphere is all about. (Well, except the underground sections).

Things I loved about Leon's campaign.

- The whole first chapter..just...everything.
- Fighting the mutated shark.
- Cathedral. That made me sad, I was unable to save any of the survivors the first time, even though I had the chance, there was too much chaos, and I couldn't find where they had run off to before the Lotsa**** or whatever its called.
- Just...riding through the fog. When the soldier is driving all slow....and you just look around at the carnage. Then you get out....stop....and I start to enjoy the atmosphere....until my buddy points out that the zombies art starting to come out of the fog...and i looked over, expecting 1 or two, and its nearly all the zombies we just passed, so dear god we jumped that barrier fast.

- Only dumb thing was Simmons. Not as a character, just his mutation. He turned into a triple changer Bayformer (Michael Bay Transformer). Which was idiotic and didn't even make sense by Resident Evil standards. So...this guy found the ultimate Mutation, then, beyond even Wesker? This guy gets a controllable mutation that lets him revert between monster and human forms whenever he wants, he can have multiple multi purpose monster forms, is virtually indestructable, can absorb surrounding biomatter, and keeps his intelligence through all of this. Holy CRAP is that ever the ultimate evolution Wesker was after, or what? (I've only played Leon's and Chris' campaigns, so hopefully this gets explained in later campaigns).
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#2xGenocidestPosted 11/10/2012 10:18:10 PM
I'd say Lisa Trevor's was the ultimate mutation, as she survived the Type-B Progenitor Virus, and absorbed the NE-a Virus (Nemesis)

Imagine what would happen if she was administered anything new.

Anti-Tank Missiles only threw her against the wall. Simmons was beat by an RPG, and falling onto a spike.

She's basically immortal. After the giant hole she fell into, I doubt the Nuke would have actually been able to kill her from there.

Although if Umbrella Chronicles is canon, supposedly she made Super Wesker run away, and was caught up in the Self-Destruct sequence of the Mansion.

On a side-note, the Guardian of Insanity creatures from Lost in Nightmares are based on her, down to the shackles and the G-Virus eye.
---
Oh I know I lived this life before. Somehow I know now truths I must be sure.
#3teehee23Posted 11/10/2012 10:56:13 PM
I agree, the drive through the fog was just one of many moments in Leon's campaign that defines what the RE series has always been about. There's a part in chapter 5 I believe where Leon' is running down a hallway and as opens a door you see shadows and then a dozen zombies coming right at you. The shadows of the zombies in the subway was a great moment too.

I hated the Simmons boss fight until Ada's campaign when you play her using the helicopter helping Leon and Helena. Simmons wanted Ada so desperately and there she is, just out of reach again, and helping fight against him. All his devious plans falling apart and the woman he is infatuated with hitting him with her one-liners and machine gun fire.
So perfect since Leon was there.

What I've noticed is that the hates that started towards RE5 was from the forced co-op.
I've learned that so many RE fanboys play games alone while RE5 and RE6 promote co-op. It's not the Capcom Guys fault that so many of those kids are anti-social.

The only parts of RE6 that I don't enjoy playing again are chasing Ada in her car, boss Simmons-TREX, and Chris and Pier's boss fight against Haos with its scripted run. Besides that the game is magnificent and will always be in my collection.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#4Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:46:58 AM
teehee23 posted...
I agree, the drive through the fog was just one of many moments in Leon's campaign that defines what the RE series has always been about. There's a part in chapter 5 I believe where Leon' is running down a hallway and as opens a door you see shadows and then a dozen zombies coming right at you. The shadows of the zombies in the subway was a great moment too.

I hated the Simmons boss fight until Ada's campaign when you play her using the helicopter helping Leon and Helena. Simmons wanted Ada so desperately and there she is, just out of reach again, and helping fight against him. All his devious plans falling apart and the woman he is infatuated with hitting him with her one-liners and machine gun fire.

What I've noticed is that the hates that started towards RE5 was from the forced co-op.
I've learned that so many RE fanboys play games alone while RE5 and RE6 promote co-op. It's not the Capcom Guys fault that so many of those kids are anti-social.

The only parts of RE6 that I don't enjoy playing again are chasing Ada in her car, boss Simmons-TREX, and Chris and Pier's boss fight against Haos with its scripted run. Besides that the game is magnificent and will always be in my collection.

On the topic of Co-Op....thats why I prefer RE5 over RE4. Same game, only one has co-op. Without it, its an extremely boring game, like RE4.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#5Dante729Posted 11/11/2012 9:37:27 AM
The first chapter in Leon's campaign would probably be my favorite in the game, were it not for the extremely slow beginning. It was good the first time, but it just goes by slow every time afterwards.

That being said, Leon's is my favorite campaign as well.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#6NanamiPosted 11/16/2012 11:20:15 AM
Dante729 posted...
The first chapter in Leon's campaign would probably be my favorite in the game, were it not for the extremely slow beginning. It was good the first time, but it just goes by slow every time afterwards.

this, having to play it again on other difficulties is annoying as hell for the first 10-15 minutes.
---
www.boycottbuyritegames.com
Boycott Buyrite Games! (gone but back with another name under GameBuyers)
#7DragonKnight387Posted 11/17/2012 4:00:00 PM
Dante729 posted...

I fail to understand why the first 10 minutes of chapter one weren't the Prelude tutorial. That's clearly what it was trying to be.
---
1075-0914-2884 is my FC.
#8Cartwheel_KickPosted 11/18/2012 12:20:20 AM
Degalon posted...
Lotsa**** or whatever its called.

lolol, pretty good
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#9SolidStryderPosted 11/18/2012 4:26:29 AM
teehee23 posted...

I personally have no love for Leon, since me and my friend have been arguing about who's better between him and Chris since 5 came out, but the game came out a few days before he came back on leave so I held off so we could co-op it. The shadows in the subway tunnel was one giant "Oh ****" moment lol
#10KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/19/2012 7:22:08 AM
teehee23 posted...

I'm an RE veteran and I loved RE5 and loved the co-op but thought RE6 overall was a travesty to the series. Explain that with your unfounded logic.
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Dragon's Dogma (360), Resident Evil 6 (360).
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns