What can we expect for 2013's Resident Evil calendar?

#1TVthePunisherPosted 11/14/2012 9:39:53 PM
Ever since 1996 Capcom has released multiple Resident Evil games every single year, whether they're re-releases or ports. This past year we got 3 new games, the year prior we received updated HD ports of RE4 and C:VX. If you use this as a reference (seems like compiled information on each release) Capcom always has something coming out every year.

http://www.residentevilfan.com/releasedates.asp

So...can we expect news on a brand new entry into the series? Maybe an ORC 2 or...another 3DS title (maybe even a Vita release)? How about some HD ports? Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom's little "if there's enough interest we might remake RE2" shtick was simply a way to get ideas of what to release RE-related in 2013...

My guess: REORC Gold Edition (or RE6 Gold), Revelations port to the 360/PS3 and at least two more games making it to XBLA (RE2 and RE3 probably, assuming they don't bother remaking 2 and let alone 3...).
---
Xbox Live Achievement Stats GS: 67,225
Completed Retail: 44. Completed Arcade: 57. GT: TVthePunisher
#2UltimateGeth39Posted 11/15/2012 4:24:38 AM
I cant see them making a sequel to ORC at least not as ORC2 but I would welcome it if they polished the gameplay a bit made it more like the RE6 gameplay.
#3DavyyyyPosted 11/15/2012 6:44:45 AM
Not much, maybe a lot of DLC for RE 6. i don't think capcom will make more RE games to PS3 and Xbox 360. Maybe a new game for Wii U. As for the 3DS a don't think we wil se that game with Claire in the lead ( forgot the name of it )
Nintendo will pay capcom to make an exclusive Wii U game.
#4zepedachemicalPosted 11/15/2012 1:01:29 PM
Capcom should at least kick it into high gear to make at least one stand alone campaign with Jill, Claire, or Rebecca for the ones obsessed with her. At least a couple more maps for mercs. Not sure about the multiplayer dlc's though.

There's plenty of good that Cap can do for this game.
---
China Tomate Madre Foca
#5Nightbird_XPosted 11/15/2012 1:59:52 PM
Why an ORC sequel? That game was so goddamn terrible.
---
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-accepts-osama-bin-laden-donations/
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#6UltimateGeth39Posted 11/16/2012 12:04:30 AM
it was'nt terrible it just was'nt as polished as it should have been if there is a sequel they should let the people who made revelations handle it then we might get the following
Raid mode
Weapon customisation(to an extent)
more survival horror.
#7CactuarPosted 11/16/2012 2:02:16 PM
I for one would like to see an Xbox Live/PSN release of RE Outbreak 1 and 2. Yeah it was kind of hit or miss with some people, but with the online capabilities we have currently I think these games would be a lot of fun to play... plus I never got to play them online on PS2.
---
Who's ready to pound some plastic?
#8Ada4everPosted 11/16/2012 3:28:01 PM
They might do dlc like RE5 like the Jill extra mission
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same" Ada Wong
#9UltimateGeth39Posted 11/16/2012 4:09:50 PM
Dare I hope
<_<
>_>
<_<
Outbreak 3.
#10TVthePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:36:07 PM
I sadly never got an opportunity myself to play Outbreak 1 or 2 online. I did have the games during the online service however I only ever played single-player (man was I missing out). The AI of course is horrendous (not the worst of Capcom's, see Dead Rising 1 for the worst AI in a Capcom game) and overall I love co-op experiences...

Outbreak 1 and 2 would be AMAZING and I'm sure they'd sell indefinitely, many fans who loved it on the PS2 days would get it for 360/PS3. Though I don't doubt a retail release in Japan for it, as I actually imported Biohazard: Revival Selection to include in my collection =).
---
Xbox Live Achievement Stats GS: 71,040
Completed Retail: 47. Completed Arcade: 57. GT: TVthePunisher