It's kind of funny, how the choices based on RE4 are received badly by 4 fans...

#51DarkD3stinyPosted 11/20/2012 4:50:37 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
Its quite funny watching re4 fans complain about things in re6 that are also in re4. They will defend re4 by saying ... oh but re4 didn't have as many QTEs as re6 ... but they just complained about QTEs in re6 lol.

I believe RE4's QTE's were actually praised in some reviews.

Dont ya just love hypocrites? lol alot of re4 fans ooze hypocrisy.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#52deadpool_legendPosted 11/20/2012 9:27:59 PM
Well I have no issue with people thinking RE4 is a good game...because it was. It was a great game. I just don't see a single thing that RE4 did better the subsequent entries in the series.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#53DarkD3stinyPosted 11/21/2012 8:23:49 AM
Well I have no issue with people thinking RE4 is a good game...because it was. It was a great game. I just don't see a single thing that RE4 did better the subsequent entries in the series.

I agree with you. I think re4 is a good game but to many re4 fans will make out re4 is some kind of godlike game when as you say it hasn't done anything better than the subsequent entries in the series.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#54blazinapplePosted 11/21/2012 9:38:06 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...

I agree with you. I think re4 is a good game but to many re4 fans will make out re4 is some kind of godlike game when as you say it hasn't done anything better than the subsequent entries in the series.

the storage and shop system were two things it did better then any other RE game and with that came the treasure hunting... dont forget the QTE's

to sit there and post it did nothing is silly, thats just blind hate... even RE5 did something by improving the melee combat and adding combo's.

the reason so many fans praise RE4 is because it has a lil bit of something from previous RE games while still adding new dynamics to the game.... storage (suitcase), the shop, QTE's and probably something else.

RE5 and RE6 do lil to nothing with innovative gameplay (im not even going to mention the garbage ORC is).... re5's improved melee & combo system and RE6's combat system (thats all those two bring to the table). RE: orc & RE6 are by far top 3 worst RE games made. 3rd place might go to survivor (if thats the one on the boat), ughhh anywho.

at least RE5 had the common courtesy to leave in some elements of previous RE games fans enjoyed while RE6 just strips it all away for straight action.

but RE6 did one thing right... the combat system. i always wanted to walk backwards and shoot or roll away from enemy attacks when on the floor. kudos for that, but at the cost of everything else.... what a shame.

you can trash talk RE4 or RE4 fans all you want... fact is, RE4 was the pinnacle of the RE series. it did alot of things well, while keeping elements from previous RE's and adding new ones as well.

and changing the series into a full blown michael bay movie is well.... not a good series direction for RE, really terrible idea. keep the combat controls, change EVERYTHING ELSE
---
vote for pedro
#55DarkD3stinyPosted 11/21/2012 2:15:50 PM
blazin I find it funny when a re4 fan claims Im blindly hating on re4.re4 is my 3rd favourite re game so just because I dont think re4 is a godlike game means I hate it? really lol Im not sad enough to hate a human being let alone hate a bunch of pixels.re5 and re6 took what re4 did and made it better.The re4s storage system (inventory system) is inferior to re5s and re6s.It takes ages sorting stuff out in re4s inventory system and its not suitable for real time inventory.I prefer re4s shop system though even though re5s is better.re4 is a action game,people who claim its survival horror are delusional as re4 cakes you in ammo and you can pick up and buy health.As for re4s atmosphere it has about 10 % atmosphere and re6s Leon campaign does it better.You say re5 and re6 did nothing with innovative gameplay,well re4 didn't bring anything new to the game world either.You say the fact is re4 was the pinnacle of the re series. There are no facts that confirm this so stop trying to make opinions look like facts.
---
#56DarkD3stinyPosted 11/21/2012 2:30:05 PM
Btw I think re5s LIN does just as good a job of atmosphere as re4. re4s story has hardly any relevance to the re story. re4s story goes on dragging on and on going through the same bland muddy textures after the same bland muddy textures doing the same thing over and over ... Leon finds Ashley Leon loses Ashley Leon finds Ashley Leon loses Ashley ... they didn't need to drag it out for so long. re6 made 4 different story types which mixed it up and kept it fresh. re4 is just to much in the past due to no online options. re4 is like a typewriter and re5 is like a computer bringing the world together to play the game they love together. re5 brought several things to the main re games. It brought co op, it allows you to play co op mercs and multiplayer modes called versus mode which has several games making re5s replay ability much longer especially with LIN and DE to boot. re4s good game but they should of shortened it or mixed it up abit.
---
#57deadpool_legendPosted 11/21/2012 3:16:13 PM
blazinapple posted...
the storage and shop system were two things it did better then any other RE game and with that came the treasure hunting... dont forget the QTE's

to sit there and post it did nothing is silly, thats just blind hate... even RE5 did something by improving the melee combat and adding combo's.

the reason so many fans praise RE4 is because it has a lil bit of something from previous RE games while still adding new dynamics to the game.... storage (suitcase), the shop, QTE's and probably something else.

RE5 and RE6 do lil to nothing with innovative gameplay (im not even going to mention the garbage ORC is).... re5's improved melee & combo system and RE6's combat system (thats all those two bring to the table). RE: orc & RE6 are by far top 3 worst RE games made. 3rd place might go to survivor (if thats the one on the boat), ughhh anywho.

at least RE5 had the common courtesy to leave in some elements of previous RE games fans enjoyed while RE6 just strips it all away for straight action.

but RE6 did one thing right... the combat system. i always wanted to walk backwards and shoot or roll away from enemy attacks when on the floor. kudos for that, but at the cost of everything else.... what a shame.

you can trash talk RE4 or RE4 fans all you want... fact is, RE4 was the pinnacle of the RE series. it did alot of things well, while keeping elements from previous RE's and adding new ones as well.

and changing the series into a full blown michael bay movie is well.... not a good series direction for RE, really terrible idea. keep the combat controls, change EVERYTHING ELSE

Just gonna address each of your lines separately.

1) I have no issues with RE4's storage system or any of them. They're all equal to me. I actually might like the others better for not making you go into a separate menu. Actually completely disregarding 4,5, and 6...Revelations was better than all of them. There was no inventory! You held three guns, 5 of each grenade, and up to five herbs. There was no inventory management unless you found a box to switch guns. And RE5's shop system was way better in my eyes. You could shop whenever you wanted. And the QTE's mean nothing to me. I don't care which had more or whatever because they're not an issue. A game requiring me to press a button at a specific time is not a game breaker to me and it baffles me how that bothers people.

2) I didn't say it did nothing. It did a lot. A lot I am thankful for. But RE5, 6, and Revelations all took what RE4 did and did it better. They wouldn't have existed without RE4, I get that, but they did it better.

3) Indeed, and that's why I like it too.

4) They don't have to innovate. They're improving on the past innovations from RE4. But they obviously did something right because going back and playing RE4 after the others is not easy because of all the stuff that' snot in it. Melee makes a huge difference and without it RE4 Mercs is ridiculous.

5) What elements would that be? The tone was much darker in 6 than it was in 5. Ada had puzzle solving sections, there were very few herbs in RE6. RE6 was way more tense than 5, though granted it still wasn't that tense. Neither was 4 though, so I don't see your point.

6) You're right, the combat system was good.

7) It did do things well. RE5, 6, and Revelations took them and improved upon them. I am not saying RE4 is bad. I never said that. i just said it wasn't as good as the games that followed it in my eyes.

8) RE was never scary in my opinion, so a more action oriented shift is fine with me.
---
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#58blazinapplePosted 11/21/2012 3:40:00 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Btw I think re5s LIN does just as good a job of atmosphere as re4. re4s story has hardly any relevance to the re story. re4s story goes on dragging on and on going through the same bland muddy textures after the same bland muddy textures doing the same thing over and over ... Leon finds Ashley Leon loses Ashley Leon finds Ashley Leon loses Ashley ... they didn't need to drag it out for so long. re6 made 4 different story types which mixed it up and kept it fresh. re4 is just to much in the past due to no online options. re4 is like a typewriter and re5 is like a computer bringing the world together to play the game they love together. re5 brought several things to the main re games. It brought co op, it allows you to play co op mercs and multiplayer modes called versus mode which has several games making re5s replay ability much longer especially with LIN and DE to boot. re4s good game but they should of shortened it or mixed it up abit.

you talk about things being carried on over and over with ashley, when re6 does exactly the same thing... leon gets in vehicle, vehicle blows up, leon gets in vehicle, vehicle blows up... repeat again. and nothing is fresh from the 4 different campaigns except for the few locations that dont regurgitate other campaign cutscenes or locales. not to mention the other campaigns dont explain that much about the story anyway without collecting all the emblems.dont forget the bosses that drag on from chap, to chap, to chap...talk about getting old fast... re5 however is kind of in the clear. im just tired of killing wesker.

you say the storage system is not real time enough... but in re5 you can save god knows how many different guns, ammo, health items... which blows re4 out of the water. re4 has more survival to it than re5 (ammo is just as freely tossed in re5). i would say re6 has the best real time inv, even though its crazy being able to carry all that ammo and hardware without a suitcase.

you said re4 didnt do anything new or special.... but it did. you seem to ignore it started the store, qtes. storage while re5 and re6 didnt really do anything except follow in its footsteps. re6 gets credit on the combat controls which was a long time coming.

re5 did not bring coop because a previously older RE game (you got to play as a cop, waitress, some other ppl) did it before re5. so that is nothing new for the RE series. coop mercs maybe. coop online no

re6 was a terrible story, when there needs to be an explosion in every chapter... thats just terrible over the top writing and collecting emblems is a must, just to get things explained that should of been told throughout the campaign. thats just awful.

the 1st 2 maybe 3 chaps of leons campaign was fine before it turned to crap... every other chap and campaign is a action fest. there is also no replayability in the campaign unless your collecting useless skills, there are no unlockables unlike re4 and re5.

i agree re5 has more replayability than both re4 & re6 but re4 has more then re6. i say this because of the campaign unlockables and mercs. there is nothing for re6 campaign wise. re6 will most likely have more replayability in the future just due to it producing dlc. but as of right now... all it has is mercs.

as for LiN... its good, but thats not re5's atmosphere. for the brief dlc that LiN was, it did a good job like re4... re5 as a whole, did not

i know i have more to say but i forgot what u wrote in the previous post ha
---
vote for pedro
#59deadpool_legendPosted 11/21/2012 3:59:29 PM
blazinapple posted...

you talk about things being carried on over and over with ashley, when re6 does exactly the same thing... leon gets in vehicle, vehicle blows up, leon gets in vehicle, vehicle blows up... repeat again. and nothing is fresh from the 4 different campaigns except for the few locations that dont regurgitate other campaign cutscenes or locales. not to mention the other campaigns dont explain that much about the story anyway without collecting all the emblems.dont forget the bosses that drag on from chap, to chap, to chap...talk about getting old fast... re5 however is kind of in the clear. im just tired of killing wesker.

you say the storage system is not real time enough... but in re5 you can save god knows how many different guns, ammo, health items... which blows re4 out of the water. re4 has more survival to it than re5 (ammo is just as freely tossed in re5). i would say re6 has the best real time inv, even though its crazy being able to carry all that ammo and hardware without a suitcase.

you said re4 didnt do anything new or special.... but it did. you seem to ignore it started the store, qtes. storage while re5 and re6 didnt really do anything except follow in its footsteps. re6 gets credit on the combat controls which was a long time coming.

re5 did not bring coop because a previously older RE game (you got to play as a cop, waitress, some other ppl) did it before re5. so that is nothing new for the RE series. coop mercs maybe. coop online no

re6 was a terrible story, when there needs to be an explosion in every chapter... thats just terrible over the top writing and collecting emblems is a must, just to get things explained that should of been told throughout the campaign. thats just awful.

the 1st 2 maybe 3 chaps of leons campaign was fine before it turned to crap... every other chap and campaign is a action fest. there is also no replayability in the campaign unless your collecting useless skills, there are no unlockables unlike re4 and re5.

i agree re5 has more replayability than both re4 & re6 but re4 has more then re6. i say this because of the campaign unlockables and mercs. there is nothing for re6 campaign wise. re6 will most likely have more replayability in the future just due to it producing dlc. but as of right now... all it has is mercs.

I'm just gonna do the same thing. haha

1) Yeah Leon crashed a lot and it did get ridiculous, but each vehicle crash progressed the story while Ashely getting kidnapped just repeated the same plot point from the beginning of the game. And yeah the environments don't change that much but they catacombs, tall oaks, the sub, the ship, china, edonia, they're all very different. They were reused but they're not just a new setting with the same shade of grey.

2) As long as there is a generous checkpoint system in place, I don't think an RE game will ever be very survival horror. You could hold so much ammo in RE4, it's ridiculous. Though you could store more in RE5, it wasn't readily available like it was in RE4.

3) I never said RE4 didn't do anything new or special. I said it didn't do anything that 5, 6, and Revelations didn't do or do better. RE4 revolutionized RE and I am so glad it did because I don't really like older REs, but I like 4. I just like 5, 6, and Revelations better.

4) Dunno about that

5) That's just personal preference. I enjoyed RE6's over the top action over RE4's ridiculous dialogue.

6) Did you even play Ada's campaign?

7) RE6 isn't as replayable, you're right, but it's still a lot of fun. I play Ada's campaign all the time. And I've spent like 30 hours in Mercs, so it IS more replayble in that sense.
---
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#60StupidMofozPosted 11/21/2012 4:56:18 PM
RE4 is the easiest number title in the series, that itself is a major problem when the game is supposed to be based of "survival".