I'm surprised that Jake can play the piano....

#1zenandiPosted 11/17/2012 2:42:50 PM
You know... being from a poor, Eastern European family that can't afford doctors, and then becoming a child soldier, and then a mercenary killing machine...

I can understand learning to play something small and portable, but a piano.. at that kind of competency... is kinda stretching it...

oh, yeah... pointless nitpick.w/e

interesting... :P
#2GordatonPosted 11/17/2012 2:55:41 PM
What I can't understand is how the hell does he have a NY/Long Island accent?
#3burnoutguy314Posted 11/17/2012 3:25:20 PM(edited)
His mom was in a deathbed for a good amount of time so he probably learned to play just to comfort her. That's not a stretch at all since he decided to become a merc to pay for her medical needs (attesting to how much his love is, for his mom). Piano is one of the least expensive forms of entertainment. His accent is a stretch for his character though.

Also, his mom was obsessed with Wesker. So she probably raised him up to be a smarty pants; and learning the piano at a young age is definitely on the agenda (just ask any parent with "high expectations" for their kid, I guarantee you they would have raised their kid on some form of instrument)
---
REALDEMO
#4sidebeardPosted 11/17/2012 4:20:40 PM
That bit was my favourite in the whole of Jake's campaign, the contrast between what Jake plays and what Sherry plays was nicely done and a good reference to RE to boot.

Question: What was Jake playing? Does anyone know what piece of music this is?
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#5GoldsicklePosted 11/17/2012 5:27:16 PM
Billy can play the piano too, in RE0.

I guess "mysterious wanted men" in the RE universe have a talent for music or something.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6HarleenzPosted 11/17/2012 5:40:38 PM
I can't recall Jake playing the piano...Someone refresh my memory?
#7hchuckydogPosted 11/17/2012 5:55:46 PM
Harleenz posted...
I can't recall Jake playing the piano...Someone refresh my memory?

*spoilers*

before you bump into mr tank, you need to get the serpent medals in the house. You find a piano, jake plays it, unlocks a medal.
---
Neo can dodge bullets, but bullets dodge chuck norris.
#8_Rinku_Posted 11/17/2012 6:12:51 PM
sidebeard posted...
That bit was my favourite in the whole of Jake's campaign, the contrast between what Jake plays and what Sherry plays was nicely done and a good reference to RE to boot.

Question: What was Jake playing? Does anyone know what piece of music this is?

Chopin's Revolutionary Etude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpuROwy_8mg
#9ZephranthesPosted 11/17/2012 10:33:06 PM
zenandi posted...
You know... being from a poor, Eastern European family that can't afford doctors, and then becoming a child soldier, and then a mercenary killing machine...

I can understand learning to play something small and portable, but a piano.. at that kind of competency... is kinda stretching it...

oh, yeah... pointless nitpick.w/e

interesting... :P

The ability to play the piano was passed on to him through Wesker's genes just like his fighting moves. That's just how genes work in RE.

P.S. Of course Wesker plays piano.
#10hereforemnantPosted 11/18/2012 2:36:45 AM
Gordaton posted...
What I can't understand is how the hell does he have a NY/Long Island accent?

Fun fact: Jakes Voice Actor was also Snows from Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2.
---
Name: Light, FC for White version: 4084-2831-7220 FC for SS: 4685-6000-1404. Black 2: 4384-9935-2201
Name: Dark, FC for Black version: 2838-7396-7889