I'm surprised that Jake can play the piano....

#21UltimateGeth39Posted 11/20/2012 4:07:07 AM
When I saw that it was like a dante moment for this badass to start playing the piano like a beast and sherry lol.
#22El_ZarPosted 11/20/2012 4:14:48 AM
Spade_Roberts posted...
Also, Jake does NOT have a NY accent!

Whatever it is, it's not how you'd expect a Serbian 20-year-old guy to talk. I thought it was odd that they didn't explain away the language barrier. They could have said his mother was American, but no, this Serbian teen speaks perfect American English.
---
That man is a head taller than me. That may change.
#23burnoutguy314Posted 11/20/2012 10:26:33 PM
If you pair up Jake with Piers in chapter 5, he sounds very Boston/New Yorkish.
---
REALDEMO
#24Ryan-06Posted 11/21/2012 2:46:03 AM
zenandi posted...
You know... being from a poor, Eastern European family that can't afford doctors, and then becoming a child soldier, and then a mercenary killing machine...

I can understand learning to play something small and portable, but a piano.. at that kind of competency... is kinda stretching it...

oh, yeah... pointless nitpick.w/e

interesting... :P

Go back to the PS3 board. Seen you more there lol.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#25_Rinku_Posted 11/21/2012 6:32:15 AM
El_Zar posted...
Spade_Roberts posted...
Also, Jake does NOT have a NY accent!

Whatever it is, it's not how you'd expect a Serbian 20-year-old guy to talk. I thought it was odd that they didn't explain away the language barrier. They could have said his mother was American, but no, this Serbian teen speaks perfect American English.

I took it as the fact that he's been a mercenary since he was a teen, he's probably picked up a few other languages (from working in countries other than his own.) In European countries, learning other languages is a lot more common than in the States. It wouldn't be that weird for him to learn English, especially as it's become a very common language in our world.

Also, as someone mentioned, he probably inherited the ability to quickly pick up skills (such as languages or playing the piano.)