I'm surprised that Jake can play the piano....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. I'm surprised that Jake can play the piano....
3 years ago#21
When I saw that it was like a dante moment for this badass to start playing the piano like a beast and sherry lol.
3 years ago#22
Spade_Roberts posted...
Also, Jake does NOT have a NY accent!

Whatever it is, it's not how you'd expect a Serbian 20-year-old guy to talk. I thought it was odd that they didn't explain away the language barrier. They could have said his mother was American, but no, this Serbian teen speaks perfect American English.
---
That man is a head taller than me. That may change.
3 years ago#23
If you pair up Jake with Piers in chapter 5, he sounds very Boston/New Yorkish.
---
REALDEMO
3 years ago#24
zenandi posted...
You know... being from a poor, Eastern European family that can't afford doctors, and then becoming a child soldier, and then a mercenary killing machine...

I can understand learning to play something small and portable, but a piano.. at that kind of competency... is kinda stretching it...

oh, yeah... pointless nitpick.w/e

interesting... :P

Go back to the PS3 board. Seen you more there lol.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
3 years ago#25
El_Zar posted...
Spade_Roberts posted...
Also, Jake does NOT have a NY accent!

Whatever it is, it's not how you'd expect a Serbian 20-year-old guy to talk. I thought it was odd that they didn't explain away the language barrier. They could have said his mother was American, but no, this Serbian teen speaks perfect American English.

I took it as the fact that he's been a mercenary since he was a teen, he's probably picked up a few other languages (from working in countries other than his own.) In European countries, learning other languages is a lot more common than in the States. It wouldn't be that weird for him to learn English, especially as it's become a very common language in our world.

Also, as someone mentioned, he probably inherited the ability to quickly pick up skills (such as languages or playing the piano.)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. I'm surprised that Jake can play the piano....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived