The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I Think this game is great. Not sure why everyone else doesn't.... (spoilers)

#1mbj7944Posted 11/17/2012 10:27:17 PM
I have beaten all campaigns on veteran and I am currently in the process of beating the game on Professional.
I think the game is very good. Leon's campaign is awesome, its the longest and you get to square off against zombies.
Chris's campaign is severely underrated, I love Chapter 3, i honestly think it might be my favorite chapter of the entire game. Piers is a great new character. I love watching Chris face his demons and going along for the ride... not knowing if he will live through this nightmare or not. He is very gritty and is by far the most believable character in the game.. if not the Series as a whole.

Jake's Campaign is also very good. I absolutely loved Chapters 1 and 4. The battles with Ustanak are about as good as it gets.

Ada's campaign is solid. it definitely could have been a bit longer.... but it was fun to get a chance to play an entire campaign as her. Also it was nice to play solo for a change.

I really think this is by far the best game since Resident Evil 0. I find it to be much better than 4 and 5. Revelations is close... but i still prefer this game.

The bosses were new and intriguing, all the new characters (Helena, Piers, and Jake) were well done. I also loved what they did with Sherry, I really thought i was going to hate her in this game... but i was pleasantly surprised.

I would love to hear some legitimate responses to why people did or didn't like this game.
---
Gamertag - Matt Bonds88
#2ZephranthesPosted 11/17/2012 10:35:15 PM
I liked the game because you can punch zombies so hard, their heads explode.

I disliked the game because Sherry only gets naked once.
#3SolidStryderPosted 11/17/2012 10:46:02 PM
I enjoyed the game quite a bit. A part from the incredibly close camera I never had an issue with playing it. The only problem I had with the cover system was the inability to vault while in cover. Loved the story, Chris is my favorite character and I thought his campaign was well done and offered a very human look at someone who's been fighting this war since the beginning. Leon was a real throwback to the origins of the series, and Jake is the son of Wesker, easily one of my top game villains.

It was nice seeing Sherry back, and being quite capable. I'm honestly indifferent about Helena, but Piers was a great character. I honestly thought Chris would hand over the fight to him afterwards, you could see this was someone he looked up to and how much he tried to pull Chris back.
#4FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 11/17/2012 10:48:15 PM
I agree, I think this is a fantastic game :D

The only things I disliked, were the sections where character story lines intersected and the gameplay was nearly identical. For example, Jake having nearly an identical section to Chris and only minor differences in gameplay, same with Leon fighting Ustanak in Ch 4, that was just repitive for me. Also, the turret section in Jakes was really annoying to me. One last thing, some secrions just overstayed their welcome a little bit, like the lava room with the buttons in Jakes ch5 and the ridiculous tank in Jakes ch3. Other than that, Like you mentioned, everything else was excellent for me.
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&
#5zenandiPosted 11/18/2012 1:25:01 AM
Plenty of whiners that can't adapt.

When you listen to some of their complaints, its pretty ridiculous.

Fixed camera? Hello? We've had this since RE 1 and you're complaining about this? And how hard is it to run towards the screen?

I*****.
#6mbj7944(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:14:18 AM
I really hope that we get some DLC that adds to the campaign.
Also what was up with the ending to Ada's campaign? has that been addressed at all?
---
Gamertag - Matt Bonds88
#7Vivaldi7Posted 11/18/2012 6:42:22 AM
mbj7944 posted...
I have beaten all campaigns on veteran and I am currently in the process of beating the game on Professional.
I think the game is very good. Leon's campaign is awesome, its the longest and you get to square off against zombies.
Chris's campaign is severely underrated, I love Chapter 3, i honestly think it might be my favorite chapter of the entire game. Piers is a great new character. I love watching Chris face his demons and going along for the ride... not knowing if he will live through this nightmare or not. He is very gritty and is by far the most believable character in the game.. if not the Series as a whole.

Jake's Campaign is also very good. I absolutely loved Chapters 1 and 4. The battles with Ustanak are about as good as it gets.

Ada's campaign is solid. it definitely could have been a bit longer.... but it was fun to get a chance to play an entire campaign as her. Also it was nice to play solo for a change.

I really think this is by far the best game since Resident Evil 0. I find it to be much better than 4 and 5. Revelations is close... but i still prefer this game.

The bosses were new and intriguing, all the new characters (Helena, Piers, and Jake) were well done. I also loved what they did with Sherry, I really thought i was going to hate her in this game... but i was pleasantly surprised.

I would love to hear some legitimate responses to why people did or didn't like this game.

And that was all I needed to read to leave this topic laughing.....

I could elaborate but frankly you seem hopeless.
---
---
"Saxon = joke account - I might put that in my sig." - MrXbox360_2012
#8SolidStryderPosted 11/18/2012 9:23:11 AM
Vivaldi7 posted...
mbj7944 posted...

And that was all I needed to read to leave this topic laughing.....

I could elaborate but frankly you seem hopeless.
---

No you couldn't. Probably just spout some random crap about how RE4 was great instead of overrated, then regurgitate your points every time one is shot down instead of making any intelligent ones.
#9G-NsericoPosted 11/18/2012 2:47:04 PM
I think so too, it is a great game overall, but as a Resident Evil game, is pure crap, a generic third person shooter.

Really, Resident Evil die with RE4, it turned into a totally different game. Capcom should just rename the series, keep Jake as the protagonist, and totally focus the gameplay on hand to hand and firearms combat, ala Devil May Cry, and leave the classic Resident Evil legacy alone.
#10mbj7944(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:50:57 AM
Vilvaldi7 or whatever your name is.... that is a completely typical thing to post on a message board.
So let me guess... im stupid and not a true fan? and you know more about games, Resident Evil and life than I do?

I have been following the series religiously since Resident Evil 1. I own every single game except for Gaiden.... because i do not own a gameboy color. I bought I gamecube the day that Resident evil Zero came out. I borrowed a Wii to play UC and DSC.

Resident Evil 6 is a really good game. Its fun, its polished, it plays better than 4 or 5 did. If it was up to me it would have more horror elements and be solely single player... but for what it is... it is a very good game. much better than I expected it to be.

I cannot stand your pathetic losers on these boards... like you either love a game or you hate it. Nobody has a valid opinion anymore.

Honestly bro you make me sick.... post something that adds to the thread... or just dont post anything at all.

Feel free to hope back on here and tell me Im stupid and that Resident Evil 2 and 4 are your favorite games.... you clown
---
Gamertag - Matt Bonds88