hmmmm.... I hate to say it, but i'm liking this...

#1rwfan2cPosted 11/22/2012 8:25:29 PM
I'm one of those people that have hated this series since RE4. No im not getting into why and its not one of "Those" topics.

I Finished The Leon Playthrough and i have to say that i loved it. It was Much more of a throwback to the old series. It wasn't anywhere close to it but much more like it then RE4 and 5 were.

Started Chris's playthrough.... "oh god no.." I say to myself... it took me 2 days to get through Leon's PT and loved every second of it. It's taken me 4 days to get halfway through chapter 2 with chris and i have lost any interest to play it. I dont know why, But Chris's story lost me almost instantly. I have a feeling it's because it seems like im playing a Call Of Duty game, and not a RE game...

Please tell me that the Jake/Sherrie PT is less.... CoDish.... I would skip the chris PT but i assume you have to beat all three PT to unlock Ada's story which is honestly the only one other then Leon's i really care about.
---
XBOX GT: thetimeofthe9
#2RineN1Posted 11/22/2012 8:34:29 PM
Well, RE 6 is a TPS and CoD a FPS so it doesnt play nothing like it :3
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: Dead Space 3(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Trouble Witches Neo(XBLA) Watching: Panty & Stocking
#3rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 8:45:56 PM

incorrect, the controls are pretty much identical, which im not complaining about. and as i said i quite enjoyed Leon's PT and story.

Chris's story is boring an the action is over the top and unnecessary (Not saying there were not points in Leon's PT that were over the top but they were much more tolerable due to the more interesting story.)
---
#4PechabusterPosted 11/22/2012 9:07:45 PM
rwfan2c posted...

incorrect, the controls are pretty much identical, which im not complaining about. and as i said i quite enjoyed Leon's PT and story.

Chris's story is boring an the action is over the top and unnecessary (Not saying there were not points in Leon's PT that were over the top but they were much more tolerable due to the more interesting story.)

Play to the end of Chris's campaign. I assure you Chris' story becomes one of the most touching and heartwarming campaign in the game. And actually Chris campaign doesn't become any more over the top. It even mellows out a bit. His chapter 3 even has an amazing RE1 reference.
#5DarkD3stinyPosted 11/22/2012 9:17:21 PM(edited)
I agree TC that Leons story is much more of a throw back to the old re games than re4 and re5. Leons story is 10 hours which would be several old re games in one. Then you have 10 hours of Adas story which is much more of a throw back to the old re games than re4 and re5. So 20 hours of a better throw back to the old re games plus two other types of style gameplay for people who enjoy action more. Then if you want a good emotional story you have Chris story. I just hope they add some multiplayer modes soon and that will give it more replay ability.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#6rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 9:14:47 PM
rwfan2c posted...

Play to the end of Chris's campaign. I assure you Chris' story becomes one of the most touching and heartwarming campaign in the game. And actually Chris campaign doesn't become any more over the top. It even mellows out a bit. His chapter 3 even has an amazing RE1 reference.

hmmmm.... okay ill give it a shot... i was going to play through it anyway because i do want to play Ada's story but at least what you said gives me some hope it will turn around some.

Also... a question i've been wondering, It needs to be said i have not finished either 4 or 5 so maybe its explained in those games. But since this really seemed like a reunion game for the cast.. Where is Jill and Claire?
---
#7rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 9:17:18 PM
I agree TC that Leons story is much more of a throw back to the old re games than re4 and re5. Leons story is 10 hours which would be several old re games in one. Then you have 10 hours of Ads story which is much more of a throw back to the old re games than re4 and re5. So 20 hours of a better throw back to the old re games plus two other types of style gameplay for people who enjoy action more. Then if you want a good emotional story you have Chris story. I just hope they add some multiplayer modes soon and that will give it more replay ability.

so Jake and Sherrie's story is more action based as well?

Also as far as MP goes, i stay away from MP like the plague anymore, i blame the CoD community for that.
---
#8DarkD3stinyPosted 11/22/2012 9:22:59 PM(edited)
rwfan2c posted...
I agree TC that Leons story is much more of a throw back to the old re games than re4 and re5. Leons story is 10 hours which would be several old re games in one. Then you have 10 hours of Ads story which is much more of a throw back to the old re games than re4 and re5. So 20 hours of a better throw back to the old re games plus two other types of style gameplay for people who enjoy action more. Then if you want a good emotional story you have Chris story. I just hope they add some multiplayer modes soon and that will give it more replay ability.

so Jake and Sherrie's story is more action based as well?

Also as far as MP goes, i stay away from MP like the plague anymore, i blame the CoD community for that.

Jakes story is inbetween Leons and Chris really. Some people who like Leons story like Jakes but most dont seem to. Its not as action as Chris story. What has MP got to do with COD?
#9RineN1Posted 11/22/2012 9:33:14 PM
^Im wondering the same thing o.o
Anyway, it is never explained why Jill or Claire are not here. Though Claire gets some mentions, specially in the files!
And i have to disagree with the schemes being identical TC, no offense ~w~
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: Dead Space 3(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Trouble Witches Neo(XBLA) Watching: Panty & Stocking
#10rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 9:42:24 PM
^Im wondering the same thing o.o
Anyway, it is never explained why Jill or Claire are not here. Though Claire gets some mentions, specially in the files!
And i have to disagree with the schemes being identical TC, no offense ~w~

none taken, but to be fair, i meant more of the "Crazy over the top action" feeling more like a CoD game then the actual control scheme and such.
---