The BOWs in this game are really stupid. (Possible spoilers)

#11DrakoVongola1Posted 11/26/2012 4:15:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12deadpool_legendPosted 11/26/2012 4:38:36 PM
Degalon posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Degalon posted...
deadpool_legend posted...
Ubistvo (the chainsaw guy) was is probably my favorite BOW period. It was a great fight and it was not the first BOW with a saw that was physically part of it. The Scagdeads in Revelations did it first.

I don't own a 3ds, so I will never know unless its ported.

Still idiotic though. Better to show it merging with the chainsaw or something.

But...that wasn't even a fight. About 15 seconds of unloading, and it dies. Same thing again a little later. Then the third time you don't do anything but wait about 5 seconds for it to kill itself.

Have you beaten all the campaigns yet?

Except Adas, i'm waiting for the Co Op DLC to play it with my friend.

Well, She fights Ubistvo too and it's much more fun with her.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#13PechabusterPosted 11/26/2012 6:35:34 PM
I loved Simmons forms. Gave me a Final Fantasy feel.
#14BBoy4040Posted 11/26/2012 7:12:12 PM
A dog, then a T-Rex, then a giant fly gave you a Final Fantasy feel? Or do you mean as in it's multi-phased? RE has always had multi-phased fights.

But yeah, B.O.W.'s have always been stupid and impractical.
#15Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:59:12 PM
BBoy4040 posted...
A dog, then a T-Rex, then a giant fly gave you a Final Fantasy feel? Or do you mean as in it's multi-phased? RE has always had multi-phased fights.

Well, no. The Umbrella ones were pretty reasonable. Tyrants, Lickers and Hunters were all great BOWs (Especially once Tyrants were able to be mass produced). Plus they all made sense (They were vat grown and genetically engineered to be that way.) If you've seen Damnation, you'd know why Lickers and Hunters were/are (If that movie is to be believed, they are still in use on the black market. In which case, I wanna see a Damnation style perfected Tyrant show up in RE7.) good BOWs.

Others, like Chimera, Neptune, and Cerberus were all still being tested, not really qualified for true mass production.

The J'Avo are even really good BOWs, if only because their mutations are actually beneficial, unlike most BOWs. Same with the Lepo***sa. (A single Lepo***sa can wipe out a small town, as we've seen.)

Even the Plaga were good, if only to control the other viruses, and balance out the drawbacks for them.

Its just that THIS GAME has really stupid BOWs, with a few exceptions. They not only suck, they don't even make sense in any way.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#16PechabusterPosted 11/26/2012 8:39:24 PM
BBoy4040 posted...

The fly definitely does because it takes away the usual boss strategy of shooters from just shooting away at a weak spot into a puzzle like boss where you had to tick away at its small part, and then attack the main part of most RPGs. And the lightning rod thing was much more creative than the normal boss battles.

Degalon posted...
Well, no. The Umbrella ones were pretty reasonable. Tyrants, Lickers and Hunters were all great BOWs (Especially once Tyrants were able to be mass produced). Plus they all made sense (They were vat grown and genetically engineered to be that way.) If you've seen Damnation, you'd know why Lickers and Hunters were/are (If that movie is to be believed, they are still in use on the black market. In which case, I wanna see a Damnation style perfected Tyrant show up in RE7.) good BOWs.

Others, like Chimera, Neptune, and Cerberus were all still being tested, not really qualified for true mass production.

The J'Avo are even really good BOWs, if only because their mutations are actually beneficial, unlike most BOWs. Same with the Lepo***sa. (A single Lepo***sa can wipe out a small town, as we've seen.)

Even the Plaga were good, if only to control the other viruses, and balance out the drawbacks for them.

Its just that THIS GAME has really stupid BOWs, with a few exceptions. They not only suck, they don't even make sense in any way.

Except the Umbrella monsters make for really crappy and anticlimatic boss battles. And I don't know how this games BOWS were "bad" weapons. In fact they seem exactly what Umbrella was originally planning for, organic creatures that can be used in warfare with the added bonus of being able to be spawned in enemy or civilian bodies. The Napad is like a perfect example of not even having to mass produce the hunter, just inject someone with the virus.
And the Strelats are actually smart in some examples and the Gnezdo are much more unique than any other enemy we've seen in RE (one of the hardest to kill too without a bigspread weapon)

All in all these creatures were pretty much what Umbrella was looking to create in the beginning.They were powerful, easy to produce, and animal-centered (human-centered was later)
#17Hockeyking89Posted 11/28/2012 9:20:32 PM
TC clearly doesn't remember the Napoleon guy from RE4 and the ubermassive arms dealer boat guy in RE5.

Absurd anti-physics have been going on since RE4 at least.
---
Shepard: "I'll dance next to you. If you wanna think we're dancing together, go ahead."
#18PechabusterPosted 11/28/2012 10:31:51 PM
Hockeyking89 posted...
TC clearly doesn't remember the Napoleon guy from RE4 and the ubermassive arms dealer boat guy in RE5.

Absurd anti-physics have been going on since RE4 at least.

I think the giant blob G-Birkin form 5 already hit that category 15 years ago.
#19DrakoVongola1Posted 11/29/2012 1:39:34 AM
I think TC's issue with Simmons isn't so much that he turns into a giant T-rex, but that he can turn human and back to the T-rex at will, which I don't think anything else ever did.

I don't think it's much of an issue, Resident Evil never made much sense, it was always just fun and I don't think it was ever really a serious game until RE5 and RE6 tried to make it one (And failed, IMO).
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#20siberian142Posted 11/29/2012 4:18:25 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
I think TC's issue with Simmons isn't so much that he turns into a giant T-rex, but that he can turn human and back to the T-rex at will, which I don't think anything else ever did.

I don't think it's much of an issue, Resident Evil never made much sense, it was always just fun and I don't think it was ever really a serious game until RE5 and RE6 tried to make it one (And failed, IMO).

This is explained in a file, though. The enhanced C-virus allows its host to skip the chrysalis stage and "mutate indefinitely into new forms without compromising its cellular integrity." Which is why Carla used it on Simmons; she wanted him to experience countless mutations over and over again.

Sure, it's not exactly logical that someone can transform into something giant and then contain it back inside a human body, but at least they tried to explain it and limited it to Simmons. Fiction loves using this, but rarely ever explains the how.