The BOWs in this game are really stupid. (Possible spoilers)

#101Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 1:39:22 AM
FaDRain posted...

I was under the impression that the C-Virus's defining trait was its ability to manipulate mass (Simmons absorbs a load of infected before his biggest form, whats to say that he hadn't before his dinosaur form). Deborah's extra limbs aren't much of a stretch, if you put the small and large intestine together, they come out at about 8.5 meters long so it it isn't outside the realm of possibility that parts of her body may have been cannibalized, to form them...you also have to remember that Deborah was in a cocoon (or whatever they call them), changes abound. And Simmons' first form, if you stretch his body a tad, repurpose some organs and squint a bit...its not so weird.

Yeah, it might be to the extreme in Simmons' case but really....Wesker is fought less than 4 feet from lava, Chris forms a rivalry with a boulder...this is fiction, they have no reason to go out of their way to maintain every semblance of realism.

1) No, its defining trait was being a mix of the G-Virus (The reactive mutations), and the T-Veronica Virus (A mix of the progenitor virus, ashford dna, and the T-Virus), whose trademark was the combustible body fluids (Hence why C-Virus infectees burst into flames.) The virus injected into Simmons, specifically was a PERFECTED C-Virus, after altering the C-Virus with direct samples of the G-Virus (Sherry Birkin), and the antibodies (Jake Muller/Wesker). This Perfected C-Virus allowed Simmons to voluntarily control his mutations, as well as keep his intelligence, which was the goal of nearly all BOW research up to this point.

However, the two idiotic things with SImmons are

a) How cleanly his body divides up when transforming, like an actual robotic Transformer. It'd be more believable if his body molded and morphed like everything, rather than pieces perfectly shifting and rotating like clockwork.

b) Being able to shrink back down with his first two forms. Itd be one thing if his dog and G-Rex forms were more human sized to account for his yaknow...actual mass. Or if they were more like his final form, where it was extra mass absorbed from surrounding area and falls back off after. But as it is, both of those forms pull an Optimus Prime and the mass just dissappears again when he shrinks back down.

2) With simmons, the extra mass from the final form, created by absorbing zombies, FELL BACK OFF afterwards. With his other forms, he clearly and blatantly GROWS to massive sizes, then it all compacts back down and disappears like Optimus Prime's truck cab.

3) Only reason I'll call BS on Deborah, is because each one of those huge waldos is almost too large to fit back inside her, even folded, so all three is stretching it, no pun intended. They appear to be solid, like bones (Like Simmons' forms), so I don't think they are malleable enough to squish back in. Again, then coming OUT isn't an issue, that's just generating them. It's them going back IN where I call BS. If they fell off and she generated more, that'd be different. That can be handwaved by regeneration. But like simmons, it comes down to "there's flat no ROOM TO PUT THEM". It'd be like the J'Avo's spider bodies just shriveling back into human legs. You are already stretching the boundaries of disbelief, so doing something that can't be handwaved with pseudoscience like that is just dumb, because even by the GAMES OWN LAWS OF PHYSICS, that can't happen.

4) They need to retain SOME semblance of Realism. This isn't like Mario, where any acid trip concept flies without batting an eyelash. Granted, the whole Wesker boss fight was BS to begin with. Wesker himself is the hallmark of RE being really dumb and making absolutely no sense, even by its own standards.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#102MashYouGoodPosted 12/25/2012 6:47:29 AM
The entire game's narrative and set pieces are utterly asinine. Even on an LSD-PCP cocktail it would be hard to find anything that doesn't make one's eyes roll into the back of the head in dismay at this mess of a video game story. Even the dialogue is cringe worthy for a game.

Dunno who thought up all the morphing monsters and to rip-off Lost Planet so blatantly, but they deserve to be institutionalised. The movi... I mean game should be called Resident Lost Planet: Super Ada Saves The Day Edition.
#103blazinapplePosted 12/25/2012 11:01:51 AM
lolol, i dont think the BOWS in this game are stupid, but way too long... mainly simmons, usta, & the chainsaw guy...

the length of the simmons battle for me could of been better without the trex and insect morphs. those were really reallyyyyyyyy stupid.

otherwise i think the direction capcom is taking with BOWS from 1 - 6 has been pretty on point.

yrs go by, the virus keeps evolving, bigger stronger enemies....
---
vote for pedro
#104NoctisSiIentiumPosted 12/26/2012 1:22:04 PM
I have failed to keep up with this topic, but I just want to say that Simmon is not wearing pants. Looks like pants, but its actually his mutation, because you can see the mutatey skin if you look close.

Pointless addition to the topic, but I would rather have that than full blown man ass on my TV screen.

Good day.
---
I'm unoriginal and don't know what to put, hence the following:
I like trains.
#105MashYouGoodPosted 12/27/2012 6:10:41 AM
Question:

Where did Mr BOW go 0.5 seconds after Ada shuts the gate in his face and it transitions from the cut-scene to in-game? Are we to assume this organic chainsaw- wielding afterbirth possesses teleportation abilities?

Also, given how veraciously it was pursuing Spiderwoma... I mean Ada's shapely B-hind, Mr BOW sure did lose interest fast... Typical male.
#106Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 4:18:34 AM
NoctisSiIentium posted...
I have failed to keep up with this topic, but I just want to say that Simmon is not wearing pants. Looks like pants, but its actually his mutation, because you can see the mutatey skin if you look close.

Pointless addition to the topic, but I would rather have that than full blown man ass on my TV screen.

Good day.

Look closer, like when Leon confronts him right before the GRex fight. Those ARE his pants. He even still has his shoes on. You can see his pants frayed and burnt. There's stuff UNDER The pants, you can see that too. But there's definitely pants still on there. You can see the frayed cloth sticking out all over.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa