The BOWs in this game are really stupid. (Possible spoilers)

#21DrakoVongola1Posted 11/29/2012 4:23:08 AM
siberian142 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
I think TC's issue with Simmons isn't so much that he turns into a giant T-rex, but that he can turn human and back to the T-rex at will, which I don't think anything else ever did.

I don't think it's much of an issue, Resident Evil never made much sense, it was always just fun and I don't think it was ever really a serious game until RE5 and RE6 tried to make it one (And failed, IMO).

This is explained in a file, though. The enhanced C-virus allows its host to skip the chrysalis stage and "mutate indefinitely into new forms without compromising its cellular integrity." Which is why Carla used it on Simmons; she wanted him to experience countless mutations over and over again.

Sure, it's not exactly logical that someone can transform into something giant and then contain it back inside a human body, but at least they tried to explain it and limited it to Simmons. Fiction loves using this, but rarely ever explains the how.

I didn't say I agreed with him. It really doesn't make sense that he could contain it back in a human body, but Resident Evil was never known for making total sense.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#22Nightbird_XPosted 11/29/2012 5:46:12 AM
Because the C-Virus is not a new virus and especially at this stage of the series, it's completely incomprehensible that they had new breakthroughs in bio-technology to where they actually can somewhat control the mutation.
---
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-accepts-osama-bin-laden-donations/
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#23DrakoVongola1Posted 11/29/2012 1:58:33 PM
Nightbird_X posted...
Because the C-Virus is not a new virus and especially at this stage of the series, it's completely incomprehensible that they had new breakthroughs in bio-technology to where they actually can somewhat control the mutation.

Still physically impossible to contain a T-rex in a human body.
---
#24PechabusterPosted 11/29/2012 3:54:36 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

Fiction. Hypothetically it could be the cells reproduce themselves at close to lightning speed and turns all the blood cells of his and waste into muscle and matter. Definitely not possible in real life for centuries but still.
#25Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:30:11 AM
Pechabuster posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

Fiction. Hypothetically it could be the cells reproduce themselves at close to lightning speed and turns all the blood cells of his and waste into muscle and matter. Definitely not possible in real life for centuries but still.

Thats the explanation for every mutation in the series.

But the issue is that there's no way, even by fictional standards, for the giant T-Rex to compress back into a human form. Theres simply too much mass that just disappears. Same thing with Debs legs.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#26DrakoVongola1Posted 11/30/2012 2:13:59 PM
Just shut up and enjoy it, RE has always been ridiculous.
---
#27RetneugPosted 11/30/2012 2:39:25 PM
Fiction doesn't have standards.
---
Favourite things:
Electro-swing and lactokinesis
#28PechabusterPosted 12/1/2012 1:40:16 PM
Degalon posted...
Pechabuster posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Nightbird_X posted...

Thats the explanation for every mutation in the series.

But the issue is that there's no way, even by fictional standards, for the giant T-Rex to compress back into a human form. Theres simply too much mass that just disappears. Same thing with Debs legs.

It decomposes itself or sucks itself back in like a frog's tongue but seriously its a science fiction video game. Don't make sense of it, time travel is just as illogical (actually a lot more so) but people still enjoy the plots of movies/games with it.
#29Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:25:36 PM
Retneug posted...

Yes it does. Thats why Luke Skywalker doesn't spontaneously breathe fire and shoot rainbows from his chest in the middle of the fight with Vader. Because Jedi don't do that. They can't do that.

Sci Fi universes have their own rules and standards they follow. When they break those standards, it makes everything go silly.

Itd be like a Quarian without their suit just casually walking into the BIOHAZARD area on Omega in ME2 to no ill effect, with no explanation. It doesn't make any sense, and flies in the face of everything that was explained and set.

Just saying "it's fiction" doesn't excuse it for breaking its own rules. Thats just called "piss poor writing."
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#30RetneugPosted 12/1/2012 5:48:54 PM
Degalon posted...
Retneug posted...

Yes it does. Thats why Luke Skywalker doesn't spontaneously breathe fire and shoot rainbows from his chest in the middle of the fight with Vader. Because Jedi don't do that. They can't do that.

Sci Fi universes have their own rules and standards they follow. When they break those standards, it makes everything go silly.

Itd be like a Quarian without their suit just casually walking into the BIOHAZARD area on Omega in ME2 to no ill effect, with no explanation. It doesn't make any sense, and flies in the face of everything that was explained and set.

Just saying "it's fiction" doesn't excuse it for breaking its own rules. Thats just called "piss poor writing."

The audience may very well have standards; fiction does not. If you can think it you can work it into your media, and people may flip s*** over it, but that's their problem.

I would much prefer breathing fire and shooting rainbows to the "midichlorians" introduced in the Star Wars prequels; the blood-count thing that tells you how force-sensitive you are. I thought it was dumb... But I acknowledge that this is just my opinion. Star Wars can add whatever it wants to its fictional universe and I'll just have to deal.

If a quarian walked out into a hazardous area with no suit and survived with no explanation, it would be weird indeed... But that isn't defying fictional standards. That's defying the rules of the game's own universe, which some works of fiction actually rely on. Some media intentionally creates in-universe rules and then defies them for dramatic effect; that's just how fiction goes sometimes.

I'm not trying to justify RE6 "breaking its own rules" as you say; I'm simply telling you that this development isn't a result of breaking fictional standards, because fiction is inherently open to anything you can imagine.

RE6 explains the new transformations in its way. The C-virus is presented as unstable and unpredictable throughout the game, and Carla's extensive labs suggest that she spent much time re-engineering it and adding personal touches to its effects, possibly even customizing Simmons' particular strain to her liking.

I also have issues with mutants going Human -> C-Rex -> Human again, but whatever; it's a video game. I play lots of games and see many unbelievable things, and I must say that is FAR down the list as far as immersion-breaking stuff goes. I like the old BOWs better as well, and might even go as far as to say that RE is being a little inconsistent with its universe's rules, but don't suggest it's a defiance of everything fiction stands for because that's just not possible... Unless, of course, you're talking about non-fiction.
---
Favourite things:
Electro-swing and lactokinesis