The BOWs in this game are really stupid. (Possible spoilers)

#31PechabusterPosted 12/1/2012 6:01:56 PM
Degalon posted...
Retneug posted...
Fiction doesn't have standards.

Yes it does. Thats why Luke Skywalker doesn't spontaneously breathe fire and shoot rainbows from his chest in the middle of the fight with Vader. Because Jedi don't do that. They can't do that.

Sci Fi universes have their own rules and standards they follow. When they break those standards, it makes everything go silly.

Itd be like a Quarian without their suit just casually walking into the BIOHAZARD area on Omega in ME2 to no ill effect, with no explanation. It doesn't make any sense, and flies in the face of everything that was explained and set.

Just saying "it's fiction" doesn't excuse it for breaking its own rules. Thats just called "piss poor writing."

You're way too into this. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra Stuff like Simmons isn't too far off from stuff like Lisa Trevor (living for 35 years in that state and being able to be so strong in the first place). And don't forget RE6 takes place many years in the future from the first T-virus experiments and even the Mansion Incident. Its definitely plausible they can make something as extreme as this. Just see how much technology has evolved from the 1960s to today
#32Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 7:22:00 PM
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon posted...
Retneug posted...

Yes it does. Thats why Luke Skywalker doesn't spontaneously breathe fire and shoot rainbows from his chest in the middle of the fight with Vader. Because Jedi don't do that. They can't do that.

Sci Fi universes have their own rules and standards they follow. When they break those standards, it makes everything go silly.

Itd be like a Quarian without their suit just casually walking into the BIOHAZARD area on Omega in ME2 to no ill effect, with no explanation. It doesn't make any sense, and flies in the face of everything that was explained and set.

Just saying "it's fiction" doesn't excuse it for breaking its own rules. Thats just called "piss poor writing."

You're way too into this. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra Stuff like Simmons isn't too far off from stuff like Lisa Trevor (living for 35 years in that state and being able to be so strong in the first place). And don't forget RE6 takes place many years in the future from the first T-virus experiments and even the Mansion Incident. Its definitely plausible they can make something as extreme as this. Just see how much technology has evolved from the 1960s to today

No i'm not. And thats the wrong trope for this discussion.

Heres some more relevant ones

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicAIsMagicA
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Consistency
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssPull

Like your Lisa Trevor example. Its explained that shes a golem made up of the various viruses in a single unique body that can actually function with them. Hence why she was able to live like for 35 years and stay so strong. Thats called a VALID EXPLANATION.

Simmons is not 1980s Optimus Prime. Theres literally nothing in the RE universe to indicate that the viruses can make 3 story tall monsters compress back down. Its not like his death, where all the excess mass simply falls off, and his real body was still the core. That makes perfect sense, and if theyd done that with his other forms, there wouldn't be an issue. But no, with his two first transformations, you see it all "revert", and compress back down into a human shape (with pants reforming!)

Even by REs own rules (Which, beyond the viruses themselves and certain characters having enhanced strength, functions like real world physics.)

As shown by all prior evidence; Resident evil does not include freaking hammerspace (barring weapons). At least not for anything of that scale. He might as well have pulled the giant G-Rex out of his back pocket, then put it back in.

Also....I kinda like G-Rex as a term for that form. I'm gonna use it from now on.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#33PechabusterPosted 12/1/2012 7:26:08 PM
Degalon posted...
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon posted...
Retneug posted...

No i'm not. And thats the wrong trope for this discussion.

Heres some more relevant ones

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicAIsMagicA
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Consistency
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssPull

Like your Lisa Trevor example. Its explained that shes a golem made up of the various viruses in a single unique body that can actually function with them. Hence why she was able to live like for 35 years and stay so strong. Thats called a VALID EXPLANATION.

Simmons is not 1980s Optimus Prime. Theres literally nothing in the RE universe to indicate that the viruses can make 3 story tall monsters compress back down. Its not like his death, where all the excess mass simply falls off, and his real body was still the core. That makes perfect sense, and if theyd done that with his other forms, there wouldn't be an issue. But no, with his two first transformations, you see it all "revert", and compress back down into a human shape (with pants reforming!)

Even by REs own rules (Which, beyond the viruses themselves and certain characters having enhanced strength, functions like real world physics.)

As shown by all prior evidence; Resident evil does not include freaking hammerspace (barring weapons). At least not for anything of that scale. He might as well have pulled the giant G-Rex out of his back pocket, then put it back in.

Also....I kinda like G-Rex as a term for that form. I'm gonna use it from now on.

Again, technology has grown since then. The lisa thing was back in 1960! Its 2013 now. There are so many things that we can do now, the least of which is making Earth inhabitable if we wanted and finding particles faster than the speed of light. The technology in RE might've even increased further.
#34DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2012 5:18:01 AM
After reading this topic I have this to say ... its a game ffs.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#35DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2012 5:21:58 AM
zenandi posted...
Agree.

Would have been much better if they helped with the whole 'suspension of disbelief' thing more by making them at least somewhat... you know... 'realistic'... (really poor choice of word... *shrugs*)

Yes because the other BOWs are so realistic, just the other day I saw a licker going into the spar shop to buy some bread.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#36zenandiPosted 12/3/2012 8:04:21 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Yes because the other BOWs are so realistic, just the other day I saw a licker going into the spar shop to buy some bread.

I call BS.

Next, you're going to say it bought a Jill Sandwich. -_-;
#37Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 2:46:46 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
zenandi posted...
Agree.

Would have been much better if they helped with the whole 'suspension of disbelief' thing more by making them at least somewhat... you know... 'realistic'... (really poor choice of word... *shrugs*)

Its believable, at least. Its just genetic engineering. We could actually create a licker in real life, theoretically. Same with Tyrants, Hunters, and most of the other BOWs.

We are talking realistically by the games own reality.

Its called CONTEXT. Know it. Learn it. Love it.

I'm sorry, I hate when people stick their head up their asses and do what you just did when someone mentions "realistic".
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#38PechabusterPosted 12/3/2012 6:38:15 PM
Degalon posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
zenandi posted...
Agree.

Its believable, at least. Its just genetic engineering. We could actually create a licker in real life, theoretically. Same with Tyrants, Hunters, and most of the other BOWs.

We are talking realistically by the games own reality.

Its called CONTEXT. Know it. Learn it. Love it.

I'm sorry, I hate when people stick their head up their asses and do what you just did when someone mentions "realistic".

The game's own reality evolved just like real life is evolving. And I actually don't see this as very unrealistic compared to the loads of other science fiction stuff out there.
#39DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2012 10:59:41 PM
zenandi posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...

I call BS.

Next, you're going to say it bought a Jill Sandwich. -_-;

How did you know that? lol
---
#40DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2012 11:10:11 PM
Degalon you need serious help, you take games so seriously that you believe these monsters can roam around in the real world. Your like that weird guy who said that zombies exist in real life. My advice to you is slowly put the controller down and step away from the controller while opening the front door and go outside (see no lickers). Next your be saying Leon exists in the real world.
---