The BOWs in this game are really stupid. (Possible spoilers)

#81PechabusterPosted 12/8/2012 6:59:12 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Retneug posted...
Couldn't Wesker freaking teleport in RE5? Isn't THAT unrealistic?

Actually he started that in Code Veronica..

That was just really fast running. He wasn't teleporting back then. You could actually still see him run
#82tevin1569Posted 12/8/2012 7:01:57 PM
Pechabuster posted...
tevin1569 posted...
Retneug posted...

That was just really fast running. He wasn't teleporting back then. You could actually still see him run

What? I remember him zooming..it was a long time ago but if you say so, I'll roll with it.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#83PechabusterPosted 12/8/2012 7:45:54 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Pechabuster posted...
tevin1569 posted...
Retneug posted...

What? I remember him zooming..it was a long time ago but if you say so, I'll roll with it.

Yeah lol zooming not teleporting. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DP14sk2ILOYE&ei=UvvDUJnfIoix0QHGqoDoCg&usg=AFQjCNEitOOrjGju3ZXG80QBQnf43EKo4Q&bvm=bv.1354675689,d.dmQ
#84RetneugPosted 12/8/2012 8:09:57 PM
If you're at the point where people can't distinguish his movements between teleporting and moving ridiculously fast, I'd say you're still straining the boundaries of realism pretty hard.

A point was made earlier about some elements of RE being theoretically possible in the near future. I agree to an extent, but I also think that it would be centuries before we can get a human moving as fast as Wesker if we EVER do. For that reason he tends to get on my nerves more than most BOWs, I won't lie.
---
Favourite things:
Electro-swing and lactokinesis
#85PechabusterPosted 12/8/2012 11:24:37 PM
Retneug posted...
If you're at the point where people can't distinguish his movements between teleporting and moving ridiculously fast, I'd say you're still straining the boundaries of realism pretty hard.

A point was made earlier about some elements of RE being theoretically possible in the near future. I agree to an extent, but I also think that it would be centuries before we can get a human moving as fast as Wesker if we EVER do. For that reason he tends to get on my nerves more than most BOWs, I won't lie.

C:V Wesker was perfectly fine. His speed isn't much faster than an olympic athlete's in C:V. The idea of Alexia sprouting wings and a dragonfly tail is less realistic than that. In RE5, its clear teleporting (or moving faster than the eye can see). But you 2 things came out after RE5 that's even more absurd. RE6 has (I don't really think so) Simmons and CARLA THE SENTIENT LIQUID GOO and Revelation's final boss ACTUALLY teleports (he doesn't even move he just disappears then reappears behind you or right in front of you) and even makes illusions of himself!

Also TC what about Haos? He's GIGANTIC when he chases you but shrinks himself when you actually fight him and then shrinks even more during the final fight.
#86tevin1569Posted 12/8/2012 11:48:24 PM
To be fair, I don't think anything in Resident Evil is realistic... It's a game and meant for fun.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#87RetneugPosted 12/9/2012 2:58:41 AM(edited)
Pechabuster posted...
Retneug posted...

C:V Wesker was perfectly fine. His speed isn't much faster than an olympic athlete's in C:V. The idea of Alexia sprouting wings and a dragonfly tail is less realistic than that. In RE5, its clear teleporting (or moving faster than the eye can see). But you 2 things came out after RE5 that's even more absurd. RE6 has (I don't really think so) Simmons and CARLA THE SENTIENT LIQUID GOO and Revelation's final boss ACTUALLY teleports (he doesn't even move he just disappears then reappears behind you or right in front of you) and even makes illusions of himself!

Also TC what about Haos? He's GIGANTIC when he chases you but shrinks himself when you actually fight him and then shrinks even more during the final fight.

I've never played CV, and was speaking only of RE5 Wesker.

But I'd even say that sprouting Dragonfly wings is more believable than his capabilities in 5. Splicing the pre-existing attributes of one species into another seems pretty reasonable compared to what you'd need to do to get a body moving faster than human perception can track... Chances are flesh wouldn't hold up very well moving at those speeds.

I recently beat that boss in Revelations, and I think that he creates illusions rather than straight-up teleporting. You can hear from the main characters' dialogue during the fight that he's altering their perception so that they see him disappearing and showing as multiples, probably with some kind of pheromones judging from the purple smoke he spews.

Everything you mention as being unrealistic is accurate. My only point with RE5 Wesker is that he represents one of the "peaks" of unrealism in RE before RE6 , and in my eyes his abilities are on par with sentient goo and macro/micro/macro BOWs in the "not happening anytime soon" category.
---
Favourite things:
Electro-swing and lactokinesis
#88DarkD3stinyPosted 12/9/2012 4:03:16 AM
tevin1569 posted...
To be fair, I don't think anything in Resident Evil is realistic... It's a game and meant for fun.

This. I don't understand why people want realism in games. Games are meant for people to escape reality not be drawn further into reality. If you want to play a reality game play sims where you get to do the mundane chores of real life in a game. unrealistic stuff is what helps games be more fun. People don't want to sit there moaning about how their re game is unrealistic, they just want to escape reality for a bit to have fun playing a game they enjoy without having to worry about reality for a bit.
---
I have made a 500th post in a topic. Im a proud member of the 500th post poster club. My message in the 500th post was yo.
#89Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:17:58 PM
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon I just thought of something. Simmons wasn't the most absurd creature in RE6, no that honor goes to FREAKING BLOB CARLA! How can that thing even exist?! Its obviously sentient but how can it be? There needs to be a brain to move and talk but Carla's head appears on walls and stuff but how can it move and attack without a brain and nerves? How do the Carla Spores walk? How is Carla making sounds and words without a tongue and larynx? Where did all those blobby hands come from and how are they moving?

I hadn't mentioned that, because I haven't played Ada's campaign yet.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#90Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:21:46 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
tevin1569 posted...

This. I don't understand why people want realism in games. Games are meant for people to escape reality not be drawn further into reality. If you want to play a reality game play sims where you get to do the mundane chores of real life in a game. unrealistic stuff is what helps games be more fun. People don't want to sit there moaning about how their re game is unrealistic, they just want to escape reality for a bit to have fun playing a game they enjoy without having to worry about reality for a bit.

I don't want my games to be realistic. I just want them to be immersive.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa