The BOWs in this game are really stupid. (Possible spoilers)

#91DarkD3stinyPosted 12/10/2012 1:42:38 AM
dega so why claim that unrealistic is stupid if you don't want realism in the game?
---
I have made a 500th post in a topic. Im a proud member of the 500th post poster club. My message in the 500th post was yo.
#92PechabusterPosted 12/10/2012 3:56:09 PM
Degalon posted...
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon I just thought of something. Simmons wasn't the most absurd creature in RE6, no that honor goes to FREAKING BLOB CARLA! How can that thing even exist?! Its obviously sentient but how can it be? There needs to be a brain to move and talk but Carla's head appears on walls and stuff but how can it move and attack without a brain and nerves? How do the Carla Spores walk? How is Carla making sounds and words without a tongue and larynx? Where did all those blobby hands come from and how are they moving?

I hadn't mentioned that, because I haven't played Ada's campaign yet.

oh lol ok that'd explain it. But why would you say Simmons was the most absurd if you haven't even finished the game?
#93Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:48:43 PM
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon posted...
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon I just thought of something. Simmons wasn't the most absurd creature in RE6, no that honor goes to FREAKING BLOB CARLA! How can that thing even exist?! Its obviously sentient but how can it be? There needs to be a brain to move and talk but Carla's head appears on walls and stuff but how can it move and attack without a brain and nerves? How do the Carla Spores walk? How is Carla making sounds and words without a tongue and larynx? Where did all those blobby hands come from and how are they moving?

oh lol ok that'd explain it. But why would you say Simmons was the most absurd if you haven't even finished the game?

I'd HOPED there was nothing dumber than him. Leon was the first campaign I played, then Chris and Jake didn't have anything near as dumb (the bio-reaper was stretching it, but not quite "dumb" yet)
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#94PechabusterPosted 12/11/2012 10:59:12 PM
Degalon posted...
Pechabuster posted...
Degalon posted...
Pechabuster posted...

I'd HOPED there was nothing dumber than him. Leon was the first campaign I played, then Chris and Jake didn't have anything near as dumb (the bio-reaper was stretching it, but not quite "dumb" yet)

Yes, but what about the final Ustanak boss fight with the lava holes? And as I mentioned Haos shrinks during his fights too. You should also finish Carla to see what her boss fight is like.
#95Andronicus87Posted 12/14/2012 12:05:53 AM
Guys face it its Japanese.
---
"Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems." Homer Simpson
#96ZeeDoggePosted 12/15/2012 10:44:42 AM
So can someone explain to me how Simmons biology functioned using science? Not really doubting it, but curious as to how it could work :3
#97paranoidxePosted 12/15/2012 1:21:37 PM
The dude chasing sherry and jake was the best of this one. Spencer was totally over the top.

There wasn't enough zombies would like to see tyrants make a return too.
#98PechabusterPosted 12/15/2012 4:02:04 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
So can someone explain to me how Simmons biology functioned using science? Not really doubting it, but curious as to how it could work :3

I would like to know about Carla more
#99FaDRainPosted 12/15/2012 4:07:16 PM
Degalon posted...
Beyond the Juavo, who are pretty much the BOWs everyone had been hoping for for YEARS.

But things like that chainsaw guy, Simmons, and the Bio Reaper.

In past games, they still made kinda sense. THey were just genetically engineered and vat grown.

But they wanted to include a chainsaw guy...but tried to make his arm a chainsaw? How the hell would that even work?! Just give the guy a chainsaw, stupid!

Simmons, on the other hand. His whole "michael bay transformers morphing, even his pants" thing is completely stupid. He and Deborah have the same problem: massive, Optimus Prime and his Cab levels of Mass Displacement. How do those MASSIVE LEGS fit inside that tiny girl? HOw the hell is SImmons morphing into something the size of a T REX and his other MASSIVE forms, but yet shrinking back down to human size?! Its one thing to get that big, can be explained away as the virus causing growth. But shrinking back down? I Call bs.

These are not BOWs. These are anime robots at this point.

I was under the impression that the C-Virus's defining trait was its ability to manipulate mass (Simmons absorbs a load of infected before his biggest form, whats to say that he hadn't before his dinosaur form). Deborah's extra limbs aren't much of a stretch, if you put the small and large intestine together, they come out at about 8.5 meters long so it it isn't outside the realm of possibility that parts of her body may have been cannibalized, to form them...you also have to remember that Deborah was in a cocoon (or whatever they call them), changes abound. And Simmons' first form, if you stretch his body a tad, repurpose some organs and squint a bit...its not so weird.

Yeah, it might be to the extreme in Simmons' case but really....Wesker is fought less than 4 feet from lava, Chris forms a rivalry with a boulder...this is fiction, they have no reason to go out of their way to maintain every semblance of realism.
#100ZeeDoggePosted 12/15/2012 4:12:33 PM
Pechabuster posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

I would like to know about Carla more

Maybe his cells get filled with water from surrounding moisture to increase body mass, then gets ejected out of his body in the form of steam when he shrinks back down. He could just have really stretchy cell walls