Everyone loves Leon's campaign but they hate chris's campaign

#1xxghost12xxPosted 11/29/2012 11:08:59 AM
Seems like this a fact for just about everyone I see play this game. I never really hear anything about Jake and Sherry's campaign I guess it wasn't that bad. When I look at Chris's campaign I just see RE5 all over again, not necessarily COD but definitely RE5. This game is currently being shipped to me from Gamefly can't wait to play it.
---
PSN: [R3D]LiquidSnake3465 -- Site: official-R3D.forumotions.com FC: 4811-8101-5946
#2Dark_SpiretPosted 11/29/2012 11:30:49 AM
Leons is generally considered the best because it has the best atmosphere. its actual design imo atleast isnt the greatest. It has a lot of ups and downs through-out. the games' core issues(and most of my personal nitpicks) are also most prevalent in his campaign. However his is still really good. Chris' definitely has the most action, but also his is the most consistent with the best story elements (his has my favorite moment in the whole game). I was genuinely surprised by how much i enjoyed Chris' sections especially when at first glance it just seems like a standard dudebro action game(its really not). Jake is more of a mix of action and "run for your life" type nemesis moments. While i felt his was the worst campaign of the 4 his also had the most diversity and by far the best characterizations in the whole series. Ada is around that of Leons. Some ups and downs, but more consistent while filling the story and progression gaps along with a bigger emphasis on puzzle solving and stealth moments.

I honestly loved all the campaigns though and all of them are good in there own ways.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2
#3AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 11/29/2012 12:57:15 PM
i haven't finished yet, but so far I find Chris's the least interesting (and it is pretty dudebro >_> ), but it plays the best. it really feels like this is how the designer wanted the game to play, and it flows better. Leon's has some atmosphere, but just feels really gimped or something.
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#4jpv2000Posted 11/29/2012 2:15:34 PM
Dark_Spiret posted...
I honestly loved all the campaigns though and all of them are good in there own ways.

Chris has my favorite campaign, but I agree with the above statement. I loved them all. My order goes:

Chris (as Chris)
Leon (as Helena)
Ada (as Ada)
Jake (as Sherry)

Great game, overall.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#5RetneugPosted 11/29/2012 2:46:18 PM
I like Ada's the best, Leon's second, and Chris' last.

I found Chris' the most unfulfilling in terms of story. You start with an amnesia subplot, segway into Chris being angry and confused about Ada all the time, and finish with a boss that you met 10 minutes ago. His ending is one of the better/deeper ones though.

Ada's is really fun, though some parts feel like a re-hash of other campaigns. It has the bonus of explaining the story in the most detail though.

Leon's campaign is plagued with problems, but still manages to be my second favourite. Everything between the intro and the first Simmons fight is basically gold to me.

Finally, Jake's story is fun and has some good relevance to the plot, but the chase scenes and tense situations also make it the most stressful.
---
Favourite things:
Electro-swing and lactokinesis
#6PechabusterPosted 11/29/2012 3:03:20 PM
Generalizations. If you actually researched a bit you'd see that just as many people like Chris campaign the best and even on some polls Chris actually wins. And these aren't the CoD "sheeple" (they never post on these boards), these are veteran RE fans from the beginning
#7j_person_425Posted 11/29/2012 3:25:14 PM
To be honest. I don't really like Leon's or Ada's campaigns that much. It felt like they just missed the mark that they were aiming for, trying to be like the classic games but being filled with some pretty annoying sections.

My favourite was probably the Sherry/Jake campaign because it felt fresh and actually took advantage of the new gameplay style. I really liked Chris's too, especially in the later sections, which actually reminded me more of the classic games than Leon's section (with the final boss and escaping an exploding lab.)
---
I have no nose and I must sneeze!!
#8SolidStryderPosted 11/29/2012 3:52:54 PM
Pechabuster posted...
Generalizations. If you actually researched a bit you'd see that just as many people like Chris campaign the best and even on some polls Chris actually wins. And these aren't the CoD "sheeple" (they never post on these boards), these are veteran RE fans from the beginning

Having been with the series since the first game launched, I'll vouch for this. I loved Chris' campaign. Thought it had the more personal story of the 4, I don't particularly dislike any of the campaigns though.
#9sbn4Posted 11/29/2012 5:13:33 PM
Leon's campaign is terrible compared to Chris. I will admit Leon's campaign has the atmosphere down in the first two chapters. Some of the levels were actually well done. But after that, it loses its momentum and becomes tedious and down right boring. It doesn't help that Leon's campaign is far more over the top than Chris' campaign. For survival horror, there are a lot of ridiculous stunts and sequences done by both Helena and Leon.

Chris' campaign has the least frills. It has the least amount of button prompts and QTEs. It also makes no qualms about what kind of game its trying to be. Its action oriented and it knows it. Leon's campaign falters heavily because it contains plenty of action. I also felt Chris' campaign had the best music and overall production. Characters and story was also better. Older fans might appreciate the direction Leon's campaign tried to take, but I don't know how they can justify the bad game mechanics and action oriented gameplay.

Jake's campaign isn't even a contender IMO. its one of the worst things I've played in the RE franchise.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10DrakoVongola1Posted 11/29/2012 5:42:46 PM
IMO Leon's is the best, then Ada, then Jake, then Chris, but they're all pretty awesome in their own ways.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.