Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City question

#1FiachPosted 12/1/2012 3:24:17 AM
Is it as bad as the reviews say, just wondering as the reviews of RE6 put me off buying it initially, only to find that after playing it, the reviews were totally wrong.

Oh, I would only be playing it in single player mode if thats important.

---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#2UltimateGeth39Posted 12/1/2012 4:10:13 AM
Its not horrible but in SP the AI are really stupid so you might want to play with friends if possible.
#3Fiach(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 4:23:34 AM
OK mate thanks, maybe I'll see it for a tenner down the road and pick it up then, cheers :)
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#4Gazza_teh_FoxPosted 12/2/2012 2:16:58 AM
Yeah it's a decent game. It feels a bit off, I feel like it would have benefited a bit more if it used this game's controls and such, instead it's a bit looser and more chaotic (for example, I knew what was going on this game, but in ORC I felt myself losing track of what gun I was using, how many bullets I had, where the enemies and my teammates were, what powers I had equipped, what buttons did what even).
I might just suck however, it's not quite built as a single player game (and has been pointed out, the AI tends to be sucky a lot of the time).
I love the 12 main characters though so I'm hoping a sequel will happen that plays closer to this game.

Anyway, if you find it cheap, then it's definitely worth picking up and seeing how you like it.
#5sbn4Posted 12/2/2012 2:37:26 AM
Not nearly as bad as most make it out to be. But its still a game with many issues. Don't expect it to be scary or remotely resembling past titles. Outside of the namesakes and zombies, it has little to do with the series.

But as a shooter it is okay. Zombies are fun to kill and it plays decently despite various glitches. I haven't run into any game breaking glitches, but there are some annoying ones. Sometimes partner AI will just get stuck and stop moving. Don't expect much support from them. Last I checked (3 weeks ago), multiplayer seems relatively dead. Which isn't such a bad thing since it wasn't properly balanced. Plus MP has a lot of annoying glitches that will cause you to have to reload your console.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6Fiach(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 7:48:22 AM
KK I'll keep an eye out for a price drop, cheers :)
---
#7Vexu192Posted 12/2/2012 9:40:24 AM
I think the only reason it got bad reviews is because for some reason people thought it would be like the classic resident evils and instead it was a shooter. Which I'm totally fine with because I knew what to expect going in.
#8siegeshotPosted 12/2/2012 10:48:10 PM
It's a great game. Expect about a 4.5/10 by yourself but it hops up to about a 6.5/10 with friends. The more friends, the better it gets. It's a really, really fun game.
---
Next outbreak opportunity for Frank West to cover: RE6 Mercs: Reunion. Last battle covered: uMvC3. He's covered wars ya know?