New Modes Preview

#11DegalonPosted 12/4/2012 6:47:46 PM
I cant watch the videos right now, can someone explain the modes to me?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#12Realist2615Posted 12/4/2012 8:24:25 PM
Degalon posted...

Survivors is basically Versus Mode with zombies interspersed. When a human player dies, they become infected and must fight as a creature. If the infected player kills one human player, they are allowed to come back to life. Objective is to be the last person standing.

Opinion: It looks pretty awful, like RE5. It's faster and better, but still hasn't departed from everyone standing in one spot like a shooting gallery. A Team Survivors could be interesting.

Predator is 6 players taking turns controlling the Ustanak. He is extremely powerful and tough to kill, so teamwork is encouraged. When the Ustanak is killed, another player takes their turn. Points are distributed by preforming actions on either side. Whoever ends the game with the highest amount wins.

Opinion: It seems like it could be pretty decent. Getting points as a survivor looks to be much more difficult, so it could be a bit one-sided.

Onslaught is a sort of competitive survival mode involving 2 players. Each player is given their own part of the map, and must fight to survive in it. The catch is that for every enemy killed on your side, it will spawn an equivalent amount of enemies on the other player's side, making their job tougher. (Looks as though they spawn in waves.) The goal is simply to outlast the other player, conserving ammo and health items as much as possible, while still killing as many creatures as you can to ensure your own victory.

Opinion: Seems to be very cool. I still think a 2v2 version would have been much better.

That's pretty much it.
---
Currently Playing: FFXI(Que.), FFXIII-2, GGXXAC+, LoZ: Skyward Sword, MW3, Valkyria Chronicles
#13Shadowlinkex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:02:09 PM
Realist2615 posted...
Degalon posted...

Opinion: Seems to be very cool. I still think a 2v2 version would have been much better.

Agreedx100
#14mourn123Posted 12/4/2012 10:01:26 PM
Will these modes be split screen friendly? LIke 2 split screeners joining a 6 player online match?
#15Realist2615Posted 12/4/2012 10:07:46 PM
mourn123 posted...
Will these modes be split screen friendly? LIke 2 split screeners joining a 6 player online match?

They were using splitscreen in Onslaught, so I'm assuming you'll be able to.
---
Currently Playing: FFXI(Que.), FFXIII-2, GGXXAC+, LoZ: Skyward Sword, MW3, Valkyria Chronicles
#16Shadow45227Posted 12/4/2012 11:03:03 PM
onslaught looks like puzzle fighter+ mercenaries... if you can make the connection between to the 2..
---
GT: Alias The J
~Shadow~ ~Lord J~ ~Mercury~ (hosted.filefront.com/Shadow45227)
#17PatrilotIVPosted 12/5/2012 1:39:21 AM
Considering I hated the extra versus mode on RE5, I wasn't expecting much from this.. but all three of them actually look like a lot of fun. I can't wait.
#18Krumpus299Posted 12/5/2012 1:25:44 PM
Onslaught is Tetris Attack with zombies

That is nothing short of amazing
---
- XBL Gamertag: Scotti15, Deadinmysights3
#19CallMeCujoPosted 12/5/2012 4:55:06 PM
and the camera tweek and ada and no hope on the 17th still right?
---
Xbox 360 GT: Zonaji.
#20Stray_ZeroPosted 12/5/2012 9:46:50 PM
CallMeCujo posted...
And the camera tweak and Ada and No Hope on the 17-18th still right?

That's what I've heard they might or will have the update when the new DLC content drops then.
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)