Anyone else not really like the new Mercs stages?

#1deadpool_legendPosted 12/6/2012 12:11:11 PM(edited)
I S ranked both of them yesterday but I still don't really like them. I am talking about Liquid Fire and Requiem for War if that wasn't clear.

I mean I love Mercs, so I'll still probably play them a lot regardless but among the rest, they don't do much for me.

First off, why J'avo again? I understand it makes sense for them to be there since they were there in the campaign, but then why the heck where J'avo in Rail Yard when that was a zombie area in the main game? Now we have 5 J'avo maps and 3 Zombie maps. Plus out of the two remaining maps, I'd bet one is Zombies and another one is J'avo. Not that's there's really anything wrong with J'avo but variety would be nice.

As for Liquid Fire...the whole stage is just a combo breaker. Narrow corridors, multiple levels, areas where the enemies fall of a ledge but don't die, when hit. Then there are those stupid birds. I swear I shot them with an explosive arrow and it didn't explode. I wasn't aware they had magical bomb diffusing powers. Unless I somehow missed several times and didn't actually hit them. Plus everyone stubbornly refuses to accurately quickshot them.

As for War...Ogroman. That's it. Great idea to have a tough enemy to fight. Bad idea to have it be in something like Mercs. Has anyone actually killed that thing in the middle of a combo, because if so I applaud you. btw since when did he gain the ability to trample you and take out 3 bars of health?

Meh. It's still Mercs and I still love it but not feeling these two new stages too much. Anyone else feel the same?
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#2DrakoVongola1Posted 12/6/2012 5:04:06 PM
This is the first I've heard of the new maps (Shows how much I pay attention >_>), but they put Ogroman in one? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the El Gigante wannabe from Chris' campaign? Why would they put something like that in Mercs? I guess I could see killing it in a combo with Samurai Chris (He gets a rocket launcher), but it still seems like a bad idea.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#3RineN1Posted 12/6/2012 6:47:58 PM
First off, ty :D
Why? Because i got a 146 combo on requiem (Meaning i killed the 2 bastards)
I actually like them a lot, the enemies there can and will brutalize you when they get the chance
Then again, i would have liked some zombies too, and liquid fire is a mess sometimes xD
I have hopes for zombies on Rooftop Mission and (But kinda unlikely) Creature Workshop
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: Dead Space 3(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Trouble Witches Neo(XBLA) Watching: Panty & Stocking
#4SolidStryderPosted 12/6/2012 7:05:52 PM
Liquid Fire I haven't done too well on as far as combos go. Don't particularly dislike it, but eh. Requiem I love, though. You're not gonna be able to keep a combo and kill fatass solo, but I've had no problem doing it in duo. Hate the rocket launcher j'avo, but otherwise it's my favorite map as of now.
#5mourn123Posted 12/6/2012 11:58:32 PM
My girl and I love Requiem and have hit over a 100+ combo on it including killing the ogreman. Easiest way is to pick Chris' alternate costume and kill the first one with the rocket launcher which does an insta kill if you hit it anywhere in the head (even the face). As far as the second one goes, make sure someone has a sniper rifle character and have that person take out the rocket launcher guavos and have that person shoot the red top of the ogreman. You can kill him without doing the whole jump on/pull off his spike and impale him routine if you want.

Also, the bee appears with 20 quickshots I think so basically it will appear in every play through. Use a flash grenade on it then shotgun the bee. That thing will take your entire lifebar if you get caught in it.

Extremely hard but not frustrating map and very fun.
#6deadpool_legend(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:21:25 AM
mourn123 posted...
My girl and I love Requiem and have hit over a 100+ combo on it including killing the ogreman. Easiest way is to pick Chris' alternate costume and kill the first one with the rocket launcher which does an insta kill if you hit it anywhere in the head (even the face). As far as the second one goes, make sure someone has a sniper rifle character and have that person take out the rocket launcher guavos and have that person shoot the red top of the ogreman. You can kill him without doing the whole jump on/pull off his spike and impale him routine if you want.

Also, the bee appears with 20 quickshots I think so basically it will appear in every play through. Use a flash grenade on it then shotgun the bee. That thing will take your entire lifebar if you get caught in it.

I have never had gnzedo (or however you spell it) spawn, so no it doesn't appear in every playthrough. haha

And I wasn't talking about duo. I imagine relegating someone to taking out ogroman is pretty easy when you have two people. haha
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#7Missable_ItemPosted 12/7/2012 12:15:18 PM
I have a feeling that they will include zombies in the creature workshop map to make up for the fact that the J'avo appeared in rail yard.

This is just a hunch. I don't know what anyone else thinks.
#8SolidStryderPosted 12/7/2012 1:42:00 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
mourn123 posted...

I have never had gnzedo (or however you spell it) spawn, so no it doesn't appear in every playthrough. haha

And I wasn't talking about duo. I imagine relegating someone to taking out ogroman is pretty easy when you have two people. haha

I'm not positive what beemans spawn conditions are, pretty sure it's killing ogreman since I've only noticed him afterwards. Rocket launcher is a good idea though, rocket one then lure the other into the power lines and QTE him.