They butchered everything in this game.

#1Lightning_fanPosted 12/12/2012 1:24:24 PM
She looks completely different, moves different, and is overpowered.

They fixed Chris a little bit from 5 but he is still ruined.

They ruined the Leon... I am shaking uncontrollably because Capcom seemed to ruin the lore of the franchise that we all hold so dear.

I mean the story was just cringe worthy.
#2WarzorePosted 12/12/2012 1:29:57 PM
Only if Capcom added Wesker nobody will complain, they will say this: best RE ever!!! GOTY!!!!
#3sidebeardPosted 12/12/2012 1:51:13 PM
Story was no worse than 4 or 5, arguably better than both. I thought the interlinking stories worked quite well and Ada was better fleshed out in this game without ruining her 'mystique'.

RE's grip on its original premise is tenuous in the extreme, but it's been this way since 4, if not earlier so nothing new there.

Can you go into more detail about what you didn't like about Leon? He seemed like the same badass goofball from 4 to me ('Zombie Express!')
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#4brunbbmercPosted 12/12/2012 2:43:23 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
They ruined the Leon... I am shaking uncontrollably because Capcom seemed to ruin the lore of the franchise that we all hold so dear.

god i hope thats true
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#5tevin1569Posted 12/12/2012 8:48:53 PM
Story was cringe worthy? Did you play the game? Have you played any of the other games? This has the best story of Resident Evil...
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#6deadpool_legendPosted 12/12/2012 9:53:52 PM
sidebeard posted...
Story was no worse than 4 or 5, arguably better than both. I thought the interlinking stories worked quite well and Ada was better fleshed out in this game without ruining her 'mystique'.

RE's grip on its original premise is tenuous in the extreme, but it's been this way since 4, if not earlier so nothing new there.

Can you go into more detail about what you didn't like about Leon? He seemed like the same badass goofball from 4 to me ('Zombie Express!')

Agreed.
Except for on the part with Leon. I liked Leon in RE6. I wanted to cave his face in, in RE4. He's much less dumb in RE6 IMO. He still makes the occasional quip...but that's all it is...a quip. Not some weird one liner that doesn't make any sense.

To this day I still have no idea what Leon meant by the "Your right hand comes off?" line. I honestly could not tell if he was joking or if he legitimately didn't understand what was being said to him. He said that line with a totally straight monotone.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#7brunbbmercPosted 12/12/2012 9:54:49 PM
he was obviously joking

that is entirely on you if you didnt get it
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#8deadpool_legendPosted 12/12/2012 10:16:09 PM
brunbbmerc posted...
he was obviously joking

that is entirely on you if you didnt get it

Well I pretty much figured it was a joke, but him being a complete idiot was also a possibility because he said it without a single change in his tone.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9DegalonPosted 12/13/2012 1:24:30 AM
To be fair, the Resident Evil series proper died when 4 was released.

Leon's RE6 campaign, and Lost in Nightmares was the closest to real Resident Evil we've had in years (Haven't played Revelations since its on game boy, so I wouldn't know).
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#10sidebeardPosted 12/13/2012 2:32:03 AM
Lost in Nightmares was a cool add-on. Those shambling enemies in the cells were scariest thing in RE since the dogs come through the window! lol
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'