Does this game get ANY better?

#1reasonPosted 12/17/2012 8:21:10 AM
I bought this game on release and after playing the tutorial, I set it aside. Now I finally picked it up again and after playing for another hour, I just can't continue. You shoot a zombie and when it dies, it spawns bullets. I enjoyed the changes with RE4, and even 5 was ok, but I just don't know what it is,...but something just isn't right. They have completely taken ANY horror aspect out of the game. Enough with the "partner" gimmick. Honestly, if I'm not digging it right now,...is there any chance I will later?
---
"Who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear?! - Lucus - Empire Records
#2mourn123Posted 12/17/2012 8:46:49 AM
I hated alot of it at first, but it grows on you and if you are looking for survival horror you need to get Dead Space or Silent Hill. This is pretty much an action game that does a bunch of stuff right and also does some stuff kind of crappy but it's the best 2 player co-op game I've played in a long time.

Mercenaries mode is one of, if not the, best parts of the game.
#3zenandiPosted 12/17/2012 8:47:52 AM
No.

The atmosphere is back, but the 'survival' bit is definitely gone, unless that new No Hope mode is any good.

Deal with it or leave. *shrugs*
#4reason(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 10:21:18 AM
Well, I'm sure I'll continue to play it. I'm usually not one to just stop playing and never give it a second chance. It just seems that this is pushed even further than the 5th game was. And that was pushed a LONG way from the RE universe.
---
"Who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear?! - Lucus - Empire Records
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 12/17/2012 11:40:48 AM
if youre expecting "horror" then no. theres a few creepy moments here and there spread over all 4 campaigns, but this is NOT a horror game in anyway. Dont go into it expecting that.
#6ZeeDoggePosted 12/17/2012 2:02:16 PM
The solution to your problem in to play on Professional. Apparently normal has more bullets and enemies that drop healing items. Or you could play the difficulty in the new patch, which is even harder
#7SolidStryderPosted 12/18/2012 3:48:00 AM
I'm actually surprised you enjoyed the changes in RE4 but don't enjoy this game. Those changes were what killed the survival horror concept in this series, IMO. Try it on professional mode I guess.
#8reason(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 7:34:30 AM
Well, as a GAME itself, I enjoyed the changes made with the 4th game. I still (much more) prefer the original and it's controls and whatnot. I'm sure that makes me a minority here, but I just really liked the style of the original (puzzles, horror, ammo limitations, etc.) This game however, just seems like they really rushed it to put out another RE game. I'm not particularly looking for the "horror" aspect much, I guess it's hard for me to explain. And I'm by no way complaining that the game is too "easy" or anything (as I've only really just started). I just get annoyed by the fact that the enemies drop items and then disappear. Like how in the original the dead enemies would still be there after going back to the mansion days later. I don't know,..just little things I guess. But honestly, I'm not really sure what I expected with this game being as how that style has been gone for so long?
---
#9SolidStryderPosted 12/18/2012 9:07:21 AM
reason posted...
Well, as a GAME itself, I enjoyed the changes made with the 4th game. I still (much more) prefer the original and it's controls and whatnot. I'm sure that makes me a minority here, but I just really liked the style of the original (puzzles, horror, ammo limitations, etc.) This game however, just seems like they really rushed it to put out another RE game. I'm not particularly looking for the "horror" aspect much, I guess it's hard for me to explain. And I'm by no way complaining that the game is too "easy" or anything (as I've only really just started). I just get annoyed by the fact that the enemies drop items and then disappear. Like how in the original the dead enemies would still be there after going back to the mansion days later. I don't know,..just little things I guess. But honestly, I'm not really sure what I expected with this game being as how that style has been gone for so long?

They acknowledge bodies of the infected disappearing after death in Jakes opening cutscene, I assume it's just a developed side effect to eliminate any proof of BOWs present by destroying the body. I was saying you thought the game was easy, but item drop rates(I believe) are lowered on higher difficulties. You're gonna be glad to see any item boxes drop when you're down to less than a clip lol. The main thing that really slapped me in the mouth my first time through 4 was how it seemed to encourage fighting, and the fact that I was never in danger of running out of ammo despite this.
#10reason(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 10:32:44 AM
Hmmm, well at least they attempted some sort of reason for the bodies melting. I'm playing Leon's campaign currently and am in the ammo shop at the first. I'm REALLY struggling to maintain interest. But it's RE and that's how they get you! I LOVE RE, so like it or not,..I must keep playing.....
---