How does this game compare to RE5?

#11vespa5Posted 12/28/2012 12:29:10 PM
I actually like RE5. I think the fact that this game is saturated with a crapload of unnecessary QTEs and the fact that you can move and shoot is the main difference (accompanied by one of the most janky cover systems I've ever used in a TPS). RE6 isn't that bad IMO, it just so happened to stop being fun after my 15th hour while slaving over Leon's and Chris's overly boring campaigns.
#12ANARCHYRULZPosted 12/28/2012 12:50:09 PM
wow the hateful people of re5 and re6 still here huh? vacation much? you guys dont take a break

anyway yea someone said it "if you like re5 = you will probably like re6 but if you hated 5 you will probably hate this one"

small things like exchanging inventory with partner, quick weapon switch with up down left right are gone so yea take that as you will. leveling up weapons is also gone

movement is way better,
you can slide, dodge in 4 directions.
there is also a melee button you can still set up moves like 5 though.
there is a counter mechanic, you can now defend yourself from obvious and slow enemey attacks unlike re5

re6 is wayyyyyyyyyy longer than re5 though. merc maps are also a bit on the bigger scale. some people complain about loadouts though. honestly re5 loadouts were really unique and diverse i think.

oh yea and the ai partner wont die needlessly now like sheva ai. poor sheva lol she gets such a bad rep for ridiculously bad ai
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#13kidwgmPosted 12/28/2012 6:59:30 PM
Adrenas posted...
RE5 was a crap game and RE6 is about the same. But to each his own, so if you enjoyed eating the RE5 turd sandwich then you will probably enjoy eating this one too.

I disagree. I really enjoyed RE 5. This is almost unplayable for me. TC check out the demo you might save your time and money.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#14DarkD3stinyPosted 12/28/2012 7:32:00 PM
kidwgm posted...
Adrenas posted...
RE5 was a crap game and RE6 is about the same. But to each his own, so if you enjoyed eating the RE5 turd sandwich then you will probably enjoy eating this one too.

I disagree. I really enjoyed RE 5. This is almost unplayable for me. TC check out the demo you might save your time and money.

lmao at almost unplayable, talk about drama queen.
#15fluffy_kinsPosted 12/28/2012 7:51:17 PM
This game is a mess compared to RE5. 5 had so much replay value and the controls were pretty tight. All they had to do for this game was take 5's controls and make it so you could move and shoot (not that it makes much of a difference here...). But somehow they made the controls for this one feel clunky. There is a lot less replayability because each chapter is so long. There are no in-game files to read giving you back story, no weapon customization or upgrading, in fact the whole inventory is really sloppy. Don't even get me started on the utterly useless and overpriced skills point system. It's a big step down from 5 unfortunately, and 5 wasn't even that great to begin with.