The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why did this game do better on PS3?

#1DelkuraPosted 12/24/2012 5:18:45 AM
Shooters almost always sell better on 360 and this game heavily marketed the 360 version as the definitive version. Why did this game do better on PS3 then? Was it simply because it was made in Japan?
#2jpv2000Posted 12/24/2012 5:42:19 AM
RE began on the Playstation and Sega Saturn, the the Saturn died a quick death.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#3Raddy8Posted 12/24/2012 6:05:09 AM
RE is one of those games that began on PS and always seems to sell better and PS. Same with practically any fighting game, Final Fantasy, etc. Xbox seems to always outsell when it comes to FPS and western RPG's.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#4Delkura(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 1:58:12 PM
Raddy8 posted...
RE is one of those games that began on PS and always seems to sell better and PS. Same with practically any fighting game, Final Fantasy, etc. Xbox seems to always outsell when it comes to FPS and western RPG's.

It wasn't always that way. Games used to sell better on 360 regardless of their genre and history.
#5DegalonPosted 12/24/2012 3:46:46 PM
People like to keep their franchises on ONE console.

I'll always buy final fantasies on playstation, because all my other final fantasies are on playstation. I used to keep all my Sonic games on nintendo consoles because thats what the other sonic games were on (I got unleashed, generations, and the two racing games on 360, however).

HOWEVER.

I bought RE5, ORC, and RE6 on 360, and if they do an HD Outbreak 1 & 2, i'll get it on that as well, because my friends have 360s, and i wanna play it with them.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#6NorseLeavesPosted 12/25/2012 3:39:05 PM
My guess is its partially because online co-op is free on the ps3. so ppl with both consoles went with ps3 version.
#7Demon SlicerPosted 12/25/2012 4:55:06 PM
NorseLeaves posted...
My guess is its partially because online co-op is free on the ps3. so ppl with both consoles went with ps3 version.

Not true. Any game that's on both consoles I go with 360(except FF13). Xbox Live>PSN, and I prefer the 360's controller for shooters.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#8Vivaldi7Posted 12/26/2012 3:10:17 AM
Maybe because the x360 crowd is used to higher standards ?

Hate it all you want but as far as cover-centric 3rd person shooters are concerned GoW had this game beat years ago.
True, RE6 is more than that but it is how a lot of people who played the public demo dismissed it.
---
---
"Saxon = joke account - I might put that in my sig." - MrXbox360_2012
#9shotgunheadshotPosted 12/26/2012 10:08:23 AM
PS3 controller just feels like garbage in the hands,very uncomfortable for any game. Xbox version should sell millions more,who cares about this games history with playstation nonsense. I do own a PS3 by the way.
#10DegalonPosted 12/26/2012 7:28:40 PM
Vivaldi7 posted...
Maybe because the x360 crowd is used to higher standards ?

Hate it all you want but as far as cover-centric 3rd person shooters are concerned GoW had this game beat years ago.
True, RE6 is more than that but it is how a lot of people who played the public demo dismissed it.
---

To be fair, Mass Effect and Tom Clancy games have Gears beat as cover based third person shooters go. Gears is pretty sub-standard.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa