They should make the next resident evil am attrition type of experience.

#1blutoblutarskyXPosted 12/25/2012 8:36:11 PM
Maybe inspired by the original dawn of the dead where the main char has to keep order and fortify a set location from a zombie/virus monster outbreak and ensure the survival of the group not just themself.

Including searching for food and supplies, fortifying defenses closing entryways etc.

after a certain period of time an opportunity presents itself or the char can try to create an opportunity to get everyone out. Not mp because you need a good number of helpless herd people to protect.

I think that's one way to bring the series bak to survival horror, stay fresh and keep the new action flair of the series.

And it also brings it back to the roots of the zombie genere.
---
"Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"~ Ron Swanson
#2RE_master916Posted 12/25/2012 9:17:25 PM
Ever played Dead Rising?
---
461 and counting
#3MashYouGoodPosted 12/25/2012 11:24:46 PM
Crapclown are not longer interested in perfecting, or even focusing on, the survival-horror aspects of the RE series. That's made crystal clear with the likes of RE5 and 6 They've said as much themselves with the "want to attract the Call Of Duty players" comment.

Not even Electronic Afterbirth capitalised on the superlative Dead Space(1). The industry cares only about games that have the possible broadest appeal. Games that restrict Rambo- like behaviour, with heady atmosphere and unforgiving, punishing gameplay are not reconcilable with the money-making video game design model in a casual gamer dominated marketplace, I'm afraid.
#4blutoblutarskyX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:58:30 AM
I think they could make enough "Rambo" moments or make that an option to tear through zombies but at high risk to your "protectees"

I get what you are saying though and it's very valid. If done right it could also have enough quasi rpg aspects to lure that crowd as well but the old adage of your post is still true for them:

"If it works and isn't broke don't fix it"
In this case "broken" meaning monetary sales. Why change it if people buy.
---
"Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"~ Ron Swanson
#5NeVaRmoorePosted 12/26/2012 11:54:47 AM
You should look into State Of Decay, a downloadable game launching next year.
#6BIack_DynamitePosted 12/26/2012 2:44:44 PM
Same camera as 6, but instead of a linear path, there should be a fair amount of exploring one large area, backtracking with key items which would trigger tougher enemies in the same places.

Set placements for health and ammo. It could still features action areas and intelligetlnt creatures with guns (they could drop ammo). Just needs the right pacing to get the perfect blend.
#7DegalonPosted 12/26/2012 6:48:50 PM
RE_master916 posted...
Ever played Dead Rising?

Specifically, Infinite Mode.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa