For those who complain this isn't resident evil...

#1PFC_marinesPosted 12/26/2012 1:13:54 AM
I'll agree, this isn't the resident evil we grew up with, it does feel like an action game more than a survival horror game. But look at it this way...

Let's say they never nuked raccoon. Game after game after game would be the same thing...17 games(yes I know, there isn't 17 games...the creator once said, he'd like to make as many REs as FFs...and yes I know FF is only on 13..continuining on) of a lone character solving puzzles escaping raccoon and learning how bad umbrella is. Everyone would scream boring this sucks, and RE will die out..

Now let's pretend this is real, umbrella was real, raccoon city, t-virus, g-virus, etc was all real.

Back in '98 was the first outbreak, before bio-terror was a house hold name. NO ONE knew how to really combat mutated creatures, not even umbrella. After umbrella collapsed, their combat data was most likely grabbed by the governments of the world. With that and the various first hand experience from the outbreak survivors they were able to train men nd women to properly fight bio-weapons. Thus the BSAA was formed.

Now jump 15 years to 2013, Neo-umbrella scientists have had the time to perfect their virus' and ultimately created the C-Virus. Which would, depending on the form used, turn humans into "zombies" or ja'vo. The ja'vo, in my opinion, is the greatest B.O.W ever mass produced(and cheapest). It retains the intelligence and enhances the host's abilities. Once the host is damaged it can mutate, becoming faster and stronger than before.

At this point I honestly feel like I'm about to ramble, it's passed 2am and I'm tired. Anyway, all I'm saying is before your criticize capcom for completely revamping RE, look at it as if it were real life...anyway, I hope this makes as much sense to you all as it does me.
---
Wii fc 474433195694 Snake Doctor
Xbl: snakedoc8621
#2SiKraynPosted 12/26/2012 6:07:44 AM
I have to agree with you, they couldn't just keep doing the same style game over and over because it would get stale, and fans would get bored. I think they had some good ideas with this game, especially the j'avo and the way they mutate when taking enough damage to certain parts of thier bodies.
But still, I feel like capcom could of done so much more with this game.. Especially with the story. I know RE is known for its ludicrous storylines but this one just felt so weak in comparison. Mainly because of a certain antagonist that you keep fighting over and over to a point where it just becomes ridiculous (personally this ruined Leon's campaign for me).
#3blutoblutarskyXPosted 12/26/2012 9:04:28 AM
Tc-

You don't need to justify it.

The company changed the formula. They HAD to because as the above poster put it- it was getting stale.

I think they can do a lot more with it but fans expect more than just towing the line here from a series that has been a cornerstone of the industry since the early days of the first playstation.

The re directors cut was one of the first games I purchased on playstation. And I've been a big fan of the series ever since. I get why people are upset even if personally I don't mind the direction they are going. I just think they can do better and cross generes more.
---
"Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"~ Ron Swanson
#4alex91093Posted 12/26/2012 9:29:58 AM
Why is it so hard for people to understand that you can change a games style and it can still be a survival horror? It's really not that hard to do. The game didn't have to be stale. These action games should have been spinoffs.
---
Xbox/PSN = alex91093 Youtube = AlexEqualsAwesome93 Tumblr = http://alex91093.tumblr.com/
Motto = I did it because it was funny
#5roitactPosted 12/26/2012 9:31:56 AM
the series has gone through a pretty natural progression

as its a virus and keeps getting reincarnated/improved the results inprove, start off with basic slow moving 'zombies' as the virus gets better so this results in faster more intelligent' zombies' or B.O.Ws as they're now labeled

as the enemies move quicker the player must get quicker and be able to do things faster hence a pretty linear path to the current more action styled games than the horror survival tank controls of 1-3,

if the games just ended up as reskins of 1,2 and 3 everyone would be screaming at them to do something new, if the enemies moved as they did now with tank controls of old, you'd die every few minutes, the series progressed naturally, the gameplay and mechincs with it,

one thing i would like to see though are more puzzle areas, not just a kill this enemy get this key, or survive for this amount of time, but as the games are now focused on a much larger area, some of the more complex puzzles / get a key go back to the very first room and open a new section of the mansion/police HQ ... just arent doable to the extent they once were, the only way it could be implemented was if the games once again took place in a much more restricted area,
---
Ich habe nur zwei Fingernagel auf meiner linken Hand... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---
#6ShadowlinkexPosted 12/26/2012 10:00:36 AM
When was the last "This isn't Resident Evil" topic even posted?......

-____-
#7jdub5178508Posted 12/26/2012 12:41:25 PM
This game is garbage none-the-less, should be forgotten along with O.R.C.
#8vespa5Posted 12/28/2012 12:26:05 PM
SiKrayn posted...
I have to agree with you, they couldn't just keep doing the same style game over and over because it would get stale, and fans would get bored.

But this has been the Capcom way (along with jacked up DLC practices). Take for instance say the...................... Street Fighter franchise. The motions to do uppercuts and fireballs in 2D fighting format has been almost the same for over 20 years.
#9Infectedglore2Posted 12/28/2012 2:51:14 PM
Completely and absolutely agree with you TC. Luckily there have been less and less of the constant haters now and people can finally just talk about the actual game and not its impact or comparing it to other games.
#10roitactPosted 12/28/2012 3:32:42 PM
vespa5 posted...
SiKrayn posted...
I have to agree with you, they couldn't just keep doing the same style game over and over because it would get stale, and fans would get bored.

But this has been the Capcom way (along with jacked up DLC practices). Take for instance say the...................... Street Fighter franchise. The motions to do uppercuts and fireballs in 2D fighting format has been almost the same for over 20 years.

yes but the street fight series hasnt had to 'evolve'to the extent res evil has had to, yes they've added a few bits and pieces, combos, extra charactors etc. but it isnt a story driven game like the res evil series is, if the absolute core of the series, the ''zombies'', get faster, surely the gameplay has to get faster too, the only way to do this would have been to make the game as it is now, otherwise it would end up as a top down pacman with guns fiasco... well actualy pacman with guns sounds pretty good.

the basic fundamental reason for the series changing into what it is now is the story, the viruses evolve and improve, making creatures faster smarter, equipped with weapons, mutating, etc... if the same '' zombies'' that inhabited res evil 1 and 2 were still around the games wouldnt have changed to the degree they have, we'd likely still be using tank controls, although highly polished tanks controls. still tank controls, slow, innacurate, and not as usable as the controls they have now, the pace would be much slower keeping to a more horror genre it wouldnt have needed to switch to a more action oriented game. but because of how it evolved its the only way it could have ended up,

at haters in general...if it was just a game featuring zombies, didnt have resident evil in the tile, 90% of the complaints wouldnt be around. stop complaining and just enjoy the game ...
---
Ich habe nur zwei Fingernagel auf meiner linken Hand... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---