For those who complain this isn't resident evil...

#21Infectedglore2Posted 12/30/2012 1:07:00 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
Degalon posted...
I still think they should bring back Tyrants...

IT'S YOU! HEY!

Anyway, I pretty much agree with everything you said. I would very much like to see a return of older BOW's (especially hunters). I would also like to see some older elements return to Resident Evil by the time the next game comes out. I don't need any of the old, crappy camera angles or the very small carrying limit of four items, but I would like to see more scarcity in items/ammunition as well as the removal of gun merchants/weapon sorties (as seen in ORC).

Okay, I haven't played this game at all, so I'm not at liberty to discuss this game in particular. I hear a lot of good and a lot of bad. I remember I was talking with one of my friends and he said, "Well, some people think that the explosion effects were horrible." I was just thinking to myself, why would I give half a f*** about explosion effects? Apart from the criticism about the graphics (which, evidently, I don't really care about), I've heard it's very action oriented, and the game tends to be a lot more about "shoot zombies first, ask questions later," rather than the conservation of items. That's one of my problems with RE right now; the rest is not too bad. I don't like having an easy time with games except for games like the Sims 2 that are more for casual gamers anyway. If they just tweaked the game so that there were less items (I think that's what the "No Hope" difficulty was all about) and removed some QTE's (I'm not a known fan of QTE's), then I'd be fine with it. Also, if they just fixed the issues with weapon balance (I'm sort of a gun-nut, and think that assault rifles are a bit overpowered in comparison with reality), I'd enjoy it slightly more.

I'm thinking about getting this game soon, though. I just want to see what all the hoopla is about, and whether I think it deserves all of the crap it gets or not (and, obviously, to enjoy it, which I would bet $50 that I could enjoy it). Suffice it to say, I think the criticism is a good thing (even if it is mostly flammatory and ignorant), as Capcom might focus more on the difficulty of the game rather than the visual/auditory appeal and the big guns and ripping almost-human abominations apart with said guns. And BOW's from Raccoon City need to return; I miss them.

I don't think there's anyone that has played the game thinks this game is easy at all. This game is much harder than a lot of REs first playthrough and on harder difficulties you actually run out of aMmo faster than the old REs! Not to mention for mercenaries you need to use advanced strategies and tactics to get over a million